Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#48273 by GomerPyle Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:30 am
If you paid using your card rommel2009, and this company hasn't honoured the deal, then you're entitled to make a claim on your card, and I strongly urge anyone in that same situation to go ahead and do it.

A bank that provides a company with the facility to process card payments carries the can if they don't honour their obligations and I can't comprehend how it is they haven't stepped in with a big foot before now as, ultimately, it's their neck and money on the line, but that's business.

There's no need to waste time getting angry - just get your money back and shop elsewhere. How the proprietor of the company and their bank believe that this is the basis for a business I don't understand, but that's for them to work out.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
Advertisement

#48632 by buckosmum Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:43 am
I seem to be a member of a large group of people complaining about PetFood 247. Placed my order 18 Feb. I have received no response from my email enquiring about why my order had not arrived, and no response to messages left on the mobile no provided. Today I noticed the website was closed down.
Today I lodged a complaint with NSW Office of Fair Trading, and I have also contacted my Credit Card provider. I imagine the bank will reimburse me if OFT fails to solve the problem, but I am more interested in getting this man closed down and prevented from setting up more "Phoenix" (operator closes one down, then sets up another and repeats the pattern...phoenix rising...at least this is what it looks like to me) businesses. The bank/credit card provider advised that the complaint goes to its fraud dept for investigation. I encourage others to do likewise as well as referring to OFT, ...the banks will have more influence than individual consumers.
#48659 by GomerPyle Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 pm
The card company is probably going to be your most effective route buckosmum, though by all means report your experience to the OFT. Their floorboards must be creaking with the weight of complaints they have on this company and nothing will make them act quicker than realising it's going to be the only way to stop consumers contacting them.

Whether the card company requires you to contact their fraud department or not, keep in mind that your reclaim is on the basis that the company haven't honoured their contractual obligations in supplying the goods you ordered within a reasonable time, or at all, in spite of your repeated requests.

That alone is good enough to get you your money back and it's much harder to prove fraud. A bank should only provide a trader facility to enable companies to handle card transactions if the'y're honest and/or competent and it isn't for you to judge which they are or aren't. The bottom line is that the trader's bank pays up if they aren't one or the other, even if that company goes bust.

Now that the NSW OFT have put up a damming criticism of Petfood247 online there shouldn't be any grounds for argument or delay.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#48693 by busybee Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 am
why, oh why, oh why did I not do a search before placing an order through this company, (as I would normally do whenever ordering from somewhere new)? :oops: Why, because I am tired and stressed and put this order in late at night, that's why! I am in for $129 and my husband is very unimpressed! Not to mention the fact that my dog does not have her supply of Sentinel Spectrum that is due now.

I have been ordering goods and services online for at least 5 years and NEVER been stung TILL NOW! Now have to try and get my money back through the credit card co. - can't really see the point in chasing this guy given the information provided on this site. I will forward a complaint to Dept of Fair Trading for all the good it will do. My order went in on the 22nd and Feb and I see they listed a warning against this co. on the 2nd of March after way too many complaints. However, there's no point listing a warning if Fair Trading do nothing to stop this co. from operating in their present format or any other and unless criminal charges are brought against the directors/owners of this co.
#48871 by Ms T Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:48 pm
ONGOING INVESTIGATION BY DEPT FAIR TRADE INTO PETFOOD247

Even though a damning offical warning advising the public not to deal with Petfood247 was issued by media release on March 2nd 2012, I have been advised in writing by the DFT that "Fair Trading's investigation of this business is continuing..."

After phone contact with the investigating officer I feel extremely confident that our complaints are being taken VERY seriously. We know that whilest 400 complaints seems a lot, it's bound to only be the tip of the iceberg. So I really encourage anyone who hasn't made a complaint to the DFT to PLEASE continue doing so. If you know anyone who needs to do so please encourage them to.

New national consumer law was enacted early this year - Australian Consumer Law - which will hopefully be much more protective, so as much ammunition as possible is continually needed to help the ongoing investigation. So don't feel foolish for being stung, nor that your little voice won't be heard. People power and persistence is incredibly compelling.

What else you do?? Add to:
:!: Facebook: Dont trust petfood247.com.au
:!: Twitter
:!: http://petfood247.blogspot.com/
:!: continue circulating the offical warning to as many online sites
:!: place a copy of the media release in vets, dog groomers businesses etc go for it.