Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#16727 by TravellingStar Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:28 am
Administrator note, February 3, 2011: To anyone who has had problems with this company: You are welcome to register for our forum and post your experience or to ask for advice from others who have been dealing with this company. Links to some key information from this topic have been added into this first post to help you navigate the information.

The following quoted information is copied from a post by JanH on page 30 of this topic, here: viewtopic.php?p=45649#p45649
-Jillian

JanH wrote:All information listed below is a matter of public record. It is only intended to provide a central source of information for consumers who have experienced issues with the named retailer and wish to take appropriate and legal actions to recover their funds and to attempt to prevent this from happening to others.

January 2011

The issues with petfood247 have been going on for well over a year, now.
The standard complaint tends to be that:
• Advertised pet related products were ordered online from petfood247.com.au
• The money was charged to the customer’s nominated credit card immediately
• No products were ever received
• Calls to the phone number listed either went straight to voice mail after a message regarding “orders not received” or was rejected because the voicemail was full. (No response to voice mail messages)
• Emails to the supplied address either go unanswered or are returned because the mailbox is full

Up until now, it appears that most people have been able to get their money back through the bank that issued their credit card and then they leave it at that, chalking it up as a lesson learned. Others must have given up altogether and just let him keep their money.

That is why he is still in business!!!

A number of us have found that if we pester him enough with threats of legal action or repeated calls to his home phone, that he will actually break down and send the goods. The point is, NO ONE should have to go to this much effort to get the goods purchased from him in good faith.

To all of those out there who have had issues with this business:
There is an ongoing effort to collect the necessary information to start proceedings against this person, but we need you to step up and tell your stories in the places it will be counted.
The legal actions, which I am still researching, are more likely to be successful with a mountain of documentation from the agencies listed below.

If you have not yet filed a complaint with the NSW Fair Trade, please do so!
It may not do much immediate good, but it's all ammunition. The more justification we can show, the more likely we are to get this resolved, once and for all.
If there are only a handful of people that file complaints, it is very unlikely that any significant action will ever be taken against him. However, if they are overwhelmed with complaints, they cannot ignore it and will be more likely to take swift and decisive action against him.

You can file with any or ALL of these agencies on the Internet or over the phone, if you prefer. (If you call, please don't let them talk you out of filing a complaint. Insist on it and get it on record!)

Please file a complaint with NSW Fair Trade, as he is in their jurisdiction
(I have filed at least one complaint about this business at each one of these organisations. In this case, more is better.)

Help us shut this guy down and stop this from happening to anyone else!

File your complaint with these:
(all of the agencies listed below have telephone numbers listed if you would prefer to speak to a real person)

The business details you will require are:

Business name: petfood247
ABN: 26215935282
Registered state/no. NSW BN98461919 2234
Proprietor: Mr. Gary John McDuff
Further details:
(possible address)
10 Kiara Close
Bangor NSW Australia 2234
Home Ph: 02 9543 7818
Another email to try is: [email protected]

Have your e-invoice handy to enter the dates and other details.

NSW Fair Trade Tel: 13 32 20
http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/Online_services/Lodge_a_complaint.html?DCSext.ref=Homepagecomplaintclick

ACCC Tel: 1300 302 502
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/54217

ASIC Tel: 1300 300 630
https://www.edge.asic.gov.au/008/complaintV006?get/complainant/t=383fc49e734afc196677d6bf15dad19e489d71

ACCC ScamWatch Tel: 1300 795 995
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/maintain/create/index.phtml?contentTypeName=scamwatchComplaint&informationSpaceItemId=tag.ScamwatchReportAScam&inPop=1&returnUrl=.&type=Other

Australian Tax Office:
http://www.ato.gov.au/corporate/content.asp?doc=/content/30332.htm&pc=001/001/008/007&mnu=36388&mfp=001&st=&cy=1

and send an email to
A Current Affair:
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback.aspx

There are a number of other possible actions you might want to consider:
• Post your story on ScamWarners (http://www.scamwarners.com )
• Facebook postings at Dont trust "petfood247.com.au”
• ( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 1895390132 )
• Contact online shopping review sites (e.g. http://www.myshopping.com.au/ or http://www.shopmania.com.au)
• Contact your local government representatives (In person or a letter are most likely to get a response. Emails tend to get deleted without being read see “How to get a Politician’s Attention” at http://www.efa.org.au/Campaigns/lobby.html )
• Post to other online pet-related forums
• Post notices in public places and in Veterinarian offices
• Word of mouth
• Email everyone you know
• Contact a private solicitor in NSW
• File with NSW Consumer, Trade & Tenancy Tribunal

Keep the Pressure on and Help Stop This “Business”!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator note, January 20, 2011: Anyone who has had an issue with this company, please lodge a complaint. See details in this post for information on how to do so: viewtopic.php?p=44886#p44886 -Jillian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator note, January 17, 2011: Please see page 28 of this thread, here: viewtopic.php?p=44698#p44698 for information from a member who is trying to organize legal recourse for those who have lost money to this company. -Jillian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator note, September 22, 2010:
The following information has been provided from others posting in this thread:

For anybody who is having difficulties with their order from this company:
lodge a complaint with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT ) ph.0285670013 or email them via http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
Vivian from Fair Trading is familiar with this case ( ph.87784000 ) but please post a complaint first.

-Jillian

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Begin original content of the first post of this topic made by TravellingStar:

We were not expected to be scammed by a pet supply company. We paid online for goods which were never delivered. Their mobile phone is permanently switched off and our emails never replied to. They've even registered with ASIC. Has anyone else had dealings with them?

Details:

http://WWW.PETFOOD247.COM.AU
ABN: Unknown
Address:

although the address on their website states

PO Box
2227 Jannali

[email protected]

Delivered-To:
Received: by 10.103.24.4 with SMTP id b4cs114701muj;
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:13:42 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.114.253.38 with SMTP id a38mr3967518wai.113.1257394421365;
Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:13:41 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from epages-www-1.private.netregistry.net ([202.124.241.218])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id 31si2697063pxi.58.2009.11.04.20.13.39;
Wed, 04 Nov 2009 20:13:40 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 202.124.241.218 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=202.124.241.218;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 202.124.241.218 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]
Received: from localhost.localdomain (epages-app-1 [192.168.241.180])
by epages-www-1.private.netregistry.net (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id nA54Db0K030406;
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 15:13:38 +1100
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
To:
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?Order_receipt_confirmation_of_your_order_1023?=
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_----------=_1257394417275047"; charset="utf-8"
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: MIME::Lite 3.01 (F2.72; A1.62; B3.01; Q3.01)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 04:13:37 UT

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--_----------=_1257394417275047
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain

Perhaps against my better judgement I have removed some details from this post at the request of petfood247 - Ralph
Advertisement

#16794 by Peta Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:44 pm
I've done some searching and come up with a name and alternate contact numbers which you may wish to pursue.

Gary John McDuff
Pets Force Warehouse
Ph: 02 9545 0122
Fax: 02 9545 0355
Mob: 0409 363 632 advertised here in 2005.
There is a "McDuff" in Bangor according to online whitepages but I will not post that persons contact details as they may have no connection to Gary Macduff.

This may turn out to be a situation where a vendor has gone broke rather than the usual advanced fee fraud we normally see here. I suggest that you try to establish contact with Gary. If that gets you nowhere, the ACCC might be your next port of call.

ABN Information
ABN: 26 215 935 282
Last modified: 21 Oct 2009
ABN status: Active from 20 Oct 2009
Entity name: MCDUFF, GARY JOHN
Entity type: Individual/Sole Trader
GST status: Effective from 01 Nov 2009
Main business location
State: NSW
Postcode: 2234
Trading name(s) petfood247

The very basic whois details:
Domain Name petfood247.com.au
Last Modified 16-Oct-2009 01:20:46 UTC
Registrar ID NetRegistry
Registrar Name NetRegistry
Status ok
Registrant PETS FORCE WAREHOUSE PTY LIMITED
Eligibility Type Company
Eligibility ID ABN 63065288548
Registrant Contact ID MCGA1099
Registrant Contact Name Gary McDuff
Registrant Contact Email [email protected]
Tech Contact ID C0573762-AR
Tech Contact Name Dominic Main
Tech Contact Email [email protected]

A search on Gary McDuff leads to this link. indicating another pet related retail organisation:
Pets Force Warehouse
61 East Parade, Sutherland 2232
http://www.petsforce.com
Email: [email protected]

The domain petsforce.com.au appears to have been suspended.
The domain domain petsforce.com seems to be off the air though it has been registered until 22 Jan 2013.

Whois details for petsforce.com
Domain Details

Merchant PetFood247
Address PO Box 173
2226 Jannali
Australia
Phone 0437 941446
E-mail [email protected]

Whitepages search
Mcduff E
10 Kiara Cl
Bangor NSW 2234
0433 806 967

Search on Gary McDuff http://www.atozpages.com.au/contentsato ... OOMING.htm
Reveals
Pets Force Warehouse
61 East Parade, Sutherland 2232
http://www.petsforce.com
Email: [email protected]
Note: domain petsforce.com.au has been suspended

Note: domain petsforce.com seems to be off the air though it has been registered until 22 Jan 2013. Re

Domain Name: petsforce.com
Creation Date: 23-Jan-2008
Expiration Date: 23-Jan-2013

Registrant ID: 117831
Registrant Name: Gary McDuff
Registrant Organization: Pets Force Warehouse Pty Limited
Registrant Street 1: 61 East Parade
Registrant Street 2:
Registrant Street 3:
Registrant City: Sutherland
Registrant State/Province: NSW
Registrant Postal Code: 2232
Registrant Country: au
Registrant Phone: +95.450122
Registrant FAX:
Registrant Email: ***********@petsforce.com.au

Admin Name: Gary McDuff
Admin Organization: Pets Force Warehouse Pty Limited
Admin Street 1: 61 East Parade
Admin Street 2:
Admin Street 3:
Admin City: Sutherland
Admin State/Province: NSW
Admin Postal Code: 2232
Admin Country:
Admin Phone: +95.450122
Admin FAX:
Admin Email: ***********@petsforce.com.au

Tech Name: Gary McDuff
Tech Organization: Pets Force Warehouse Pty Limited
Tech Street 1: 61 East Parade
Tech Street 2:
Tech Street 3:
Tech City: Sutherland
Tech State/Province: NSW
Tech Postal Code: 2232
Tech Country:
Tech Phone: +95.450122
Tech FAX:
Tech Email: ***********@petsforce.com.auRegistrant FAX:
Registrant Email: Email Masking [email protected]

Admin Name: Gary McDuff
Admin Organization: Pets Force Warehouse Pty Limited
Admin Street 1: 61 East Parade
Admin Street 2:
Admin Street 3:
Admin City: Sutherland
Admin State/Province: NSW
Admin Postal Code: 2232
Admin Country:
Admin Phone: +95.450122
Admin FAX:
Admin Email: Email Masking [email protected]

Tech Name: Gary McDuff
Tech Organization: Pets Force Warehouse Pty Limited
Tech Street 1: 61 East Parade
Tech Street 2:
Tech Street 3:
Tech City: Sutherland
Tech State/Province: NSW
Tech Postal Code: 2232
Tech Country:
Tech Phone: +95.450122
Tech FAX:
Tech Email: Email Masking [email protected]
#16802 by Ralph Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 am
I have been advised by the Original Poster (OP) that the item has arrived today, 2 weeks later than it was meant to arrive.

It seems this company is legitimate but on this occasion at least provided very poor service to their customer who had time to purchase another cat flap and have it installed while waiting.

I do wonder how good they will be at refunds :wink:
#16812 by TravellingStar Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:36 am
Goods arrived by Oz Post this morning. Would not use the company again because of complete lack of communication with the customer. Thanks Peta for the extensive research and Ralph for his wisdom and advice.
#16976 by AlanJones Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:48 pm
Hi Jo and welcome to ScamWarners.

Based on TravellingStar's experience, I would say that you will get your order eventually.

This appears to be a company with poor customer service and communication rather than a scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#16983 by Ralph Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:51 am
Hi Jwashington

From Travelling Star's experience, the item they ordered was about 2 weeks late in arriving, keep trying to email them or perhaps contact them through their website.
#18411 by lucy Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 pm
I would NOT recommend Pet Food 24/7 to anyone!!!!

I am still awaiting my order and have unsucessfully tried to contact the numbers on their website - the phones are constantly off. I cancelled my credit card and have lodged a complaint with Fair Trading.
#18413 by Ralph Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:10 am
Hi Lucy

Welcome to Scamwarners

From past experience it seems they will send your goods eventually, be insistent with them and hopefully you will get what you payed for eventually.

Please let us know how you get on with them
#20134 by StevenEllem Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 pm
We have had the same problem.
We have purchased an Item and no delivery as yet.
Phone shows up as not connected.
I wish I had read these posts earlier.
#20136 by Peta Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:17 am
Hi Steven,

So far it seems to be the case that this outfit are simply very poor at providing prompt or even adequate customer service. The original poster did eventually receive their order. Though we don't know if members "jwashingtonking" or "lucy" have received their goods. You can make an official complaint with The Department of Fair Trading but you'll need to indicate how you have made a reasonable effort to resolve the matter with http://www.petfood247.com.au

Being unable to raise anyone via email, phone, etc would probably be considered a reasonable effort.
#20577 by luxy_lou Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:15 pm
I, too, have placed an order with www.petfood247.com.au and wish I had stumbled on this site prior to placing my order.

I have tried numerous times also to phone the business's mobile number and as a previous poster has stated, it is disconnected. I have also sent two follow up emails, but have not received a reply.

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but if I am to submit a complaint to Fair Trading, is it via NSW (where the company is based) or Vic (where I live)?

Also, what do you think is a reasonable amount of time to wait before taking things further?

Thanks so much for your help.
#20582 by Michelle Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:40 am
Welcome to scamwarners luxy_lou.

You may have noticed that most of the previous posters never came back to let us know the outcome of events, but the first poster received an order in a somewhat untimely manner, indicating poor customer service than any kind of scam.

In answer to your question as to which Fair Trading Office you should send your report to; personally I would send it to both, just to cover the eventuality of one referring you to the other.

Please come back to us with an update. Your actions may help anyone else who is searching for the details of this outlet and has a similar problem.

#20586 by Ralph Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 am
You could also contact the ACCC who as far as I know work in conjunction with fair trading;

Here is some advice I have copied from the ACCC website;

What the ACCC can do
> Give you information about your consumer rights and obligations.
> Suggest possible courses of action you might take.
> Help you resolve your problem by helping you find the right
agency to complain to (if this isn’t the ACCC).
> Provide a range of consumer information materials that you
can read to learn more about your consumer rights.
> Investigate business conduct occurring nationally or across
state borders (complaints about local traders may be more
appropriately dealt with by state and territory offices of
fair trading).

And how to contact the ACCC
ACCC contacts
ACCC Infocentre 1300 302 502
ACCC Indigenous Infoline 1300 303 143
For information in languages other than English call 131 450 and
ask for 1300 302 502
TTY service for people with hearing or speech difficulties 1300 303 609
ACCC Infocentre staff are available to answer your call during normal