Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#178175 by TerranceBoyce Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Iliad.

Can you mention what cars they're pretending to sell ?

It's nice to check what script they're using which makes it possible to discover if they're working together or separately. They can't scam without giving information away.

Through your post I've located a great resource for finding fraudulent adverts. :D

That will be very handy. It's what I've always wanted.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
Advertisement

#178197 by goodusername Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 pm
I am so glad I did an internet search for this. I found a VW Polo for sale on Autotrader at a very low price, so I decided to contact the seller. Their phone number didn't work, and the picture had an image telling me to email [email protected] After the first email back, I realised this was a scam but part of me wanted to beleive him/her, and of course the price was very tempting.

Here is the first email I received:

"Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2012 VOLKSWAGEN POLO 1.2 MATCH 60 BLACK !I want to inform you that, after all the offers we received last days i want to sell this car for 4,290 GBP (the price includes shipping to UK and insurance fees).Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Cadiz, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in your name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days.he price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the deal will be manage by a well known company,in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you!"

As you can see the style is very similar to those reporting this in other posts. The listing was removed (either by the 'seller' or Auto Trader)

I relied:

"Hi Andrew,

I am interested in the car but I am very concerned as to how I can trust that it will be delivered once I've paid for it. Is there anyway you can guarantee this? Can you tell me which 'well known company' will guarantee this?

Many thanks"

And 'Andrew Cooper' replied:

"Hello again,

Due to the fact that i am located outside UK and we can not deal in person,i`ve contacted Google Wallet regarding this issue and they told me that they could offer to me a program that is created especially for international transactions that protects both of us. They agreed to supervise this deal.
You will send the funds to Google Wallet and they will keep the money until you receive the vehicle and test it.In this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. That is how their service is working. As far as the seller concerns, i will be glad to know that Google Wallet is in possession of the funds during the delivery period.
You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home( i will ship it to your address insured for full value to you ).
If you decide to keep the car, then you will have to authorize Google Wallet to release the funds to me, and the transaction is complete.If the vehicle is not as described ( perfect interior,exterior,mechanical condition ), you will be able to send the vehicle back through the same shipping company ( return postage at my expense ), and ask Google Wallet to return the money to you.

If you want to check the car here are the reg details #:

Reg is YB12 WEO
Chassis number is WVWZZZ6RZCU070971
The serial number is BW6682885
Mileage: 7239
Road Tax: 06/2014

If you want to read more about Google Wallet service please visit :

http://wallet.google.com-inc-buyonline. ... of-service

If you wish to purchase it and agree to these terms i will need you to provide your full name and address. I will then notify Google Wallet and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I will be waiting for your reply as soon as possible

Thank you!!"

As you can see this fake web address has been created especially http://wallet.google.com-inc-buyonline.com – I saw another person had been directed to the same address. I think that if it is a group of people, rather than just one person doing this, they must be working together. It's terrible!
#178200 by TerranceBoyce Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:27 pm
The real advert is here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-VOLKSWAGEN-POLO-1-2-MATCH-60-BLACK-/331033723677

and it's for sale at nearly twice the scammer's price.

Obviously Google Wallet is an imaginary protection that doesn't apply and you should never buy any vehicle you haven't seen. The scammer cannot succeed unless he tricks you in to making payment without a viewing.

I've 'played' with this group before and they operate on a large scale because whatever money they steal, it's all profit.

That yahoo addie has been associated with scams since February 2012.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#178258 by goodusername Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:28 am
God, that is terrible. Have you reported it to the Police?

I pretended I was going to go through with it to try and get further details. I received an email from 'Google Wallet':

Congratulations ! You are approved to buy on Google Wallet and Autotrader. Please pay now!

Dear Mrs.
Congratulations! You are approved to buy on Google Wallet and Autotrader from Mr. Andrew Cooper the following vehicle:

Ad title:
2012 VOLKSWAGEN POLO 1.2 MATCH 60 BLACK
VRM (Verified) :
YB12 WEO
Insurance:
Included
Shipping & Handling:
GBP 0.00
Immediate payment:
GBP 4,290 [PENDING]

Details:

2012 VOLKSWAGEN POLO 1.2 MATCH 60 BLACK

Sale Date: October 07, 2013
Payment details: Please follow this Google Wallet invoice to complete the Checkout
Seller Information
Full Name Mr. Andrew Cooper

Paseo de la Bahia 77
Cadiz, 11500

Location Spain
Status Approved

Google Wallet confirms that you are fully protected in the transaction with Mr. Andrew Cooper.The Google Wallet covers buyers who complete a transaction on Autotrader and Google Wallet for the following types of deliberate and material misrepresentation by the seller:

Paying for a vehicle and never receiving it.
Sending a deposit for a vehicle and never receiving it.
Paying for and receiving a vehicle:
that was a stolen vehicle at the time of the transaction
with an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title
a make and/or model that is different than what was described in the seller`s listing
without receiving the title (restrictions apply)
whose title is subject to an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, or water damage title brand
that has different specifications than the ones at the moment of agreement
whose odometer reading is different than the odometer reading described by the seller
The Seller will have to start the shipping process and provide the Buyer with relevant information ( ie. tracking number ) in at most 48 hours from our payment confirmation.The shipping process should not take more than 30 days.Upon receipt of the vehicle the Buyer will have 15 days at his disposal to perform all necessary tests.After the test period is over the Buyer will have to contact Google Wallet with his agreement on purchasing or rejecting the vehicle.

Upon receipt of Buyer's funds, and clearance of same, Google Wallet will notify Seller to ship the vehicle. Seller agrees to ship the vehicle, insured for full value to Buyer. Buyer and Seller agree to choose a shipping method that utilizes online tracking information. Seller shall ship the vehicle to Buyer based upon information provided by the Buyer. The Buyer Inspection Period (15 days) shall commence upon the first to occur of either: (1) Buyer's acknowledgement of receipt of vehicle; or (2) the Google Wallet receipt of verification of delivery to the Buyer's profile information via the shipper's or registrar's tracking services. The Buyer Inspection Period shall be calculated in full calendar days, 15 days as stipulated in Instructions and Deposit of Funds into Google Wallet.Unless the parties agree otherwise, Seller is responsible for any duties, customs fees or other charges resulting from an international transaction, which shall be included in the purchase price.

During the Buyer Inspection Period, Buyer shall either: (1)Accept the vehicle, and follow all further instructions accordingly to complete acceptance of the vehicle.Google Wallet will pay the Seller the purchase price , less any payment for expedite fees ; or (2) Reject the vehicle and follow any further instructions to complete the rejection of the vehicle. Google Wallet will then begin the process of disbursing the funds at Close of Transaction.

During the Buyer Inspection Period, Buyer may reject for any reason and following all other instructions to properly reject the vehicle. Upon such rejection, Google Wallet will send Seller an email stating Buyer's decision to reject and return the vehicle; and Buyer agrees to promptly ship goods to Seller within ten (10) calendar days of formal rejection and insure, at Seller's expense, the item(s) to the place designated by the Seller in the Seller's profile.

Should you need a refund for this transaction, it will be sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 60 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days.

Payment Instructions:
Google Wallet guarantees the customers full safety for their transaction by collecting, holding and disputing funds according to Buyer and Seller instructions.To enjoy the purchase protection, you must submit payment by Bank Transfer (Priority Service) to the following Google Representative bank account.Sending payment by any other method of payment or directly to the seller will void this transaction and your right to refund.

Due to the high amount to be paid and in order to avoid description errors we assigned a representative from Spain to this transaction.Our Google Representative physically inspects the vehicle, insures and holds the funds until you receive,test and agree to keep it.

How to send the payment:

Send the payment by Bank Transfer (Priority Service) using the following Google Representative account details :

Google Representative Account Name : IBOLYA EMESE NAGY
Google Representative Address : Plaza Del Ejercito 21
Google Representative City : Sevilla
Google Representative Zip Code : 41004
Google Representative Country : Spain
Beneficiary Bank Name : CAJASUR
Beneficiary Bank IBAN : ES26 02370700409168748060
Beneficiary Bank Account Number : 02370700409168748060
Beneficiary Bank Swift Code : CSURES2CXXX
Beneficiary Bank Address : Gran Via De Colon, 12
Beneficiary Bank City : Granada
Beneficiary Bank Zip Code : 18010
Beneficiary Bank Country : Spain (Bank Deails Noted - Michelle)

How to complete and confirm payment :

1. The payment must be sent by bank transfer to the bank account of our Google Representative.
2. After payment is complete send us the receipt from your bank by FAX or by e-mail.
3. E-mail us the serial numbers of the payment receipt document.
4.Fax the payment receipt to our fax number: (+44) 208 711 2466

*** Once the bank transfer cleares and our Google Representative confirms payment, we will instruct the seller to start the shipping process. We will hold the funds until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release payment to the seller.

If you need assistance with your purchase, please don't hesitate to contact us:
#178488 by sarah256 Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:10 pm
I've just been caught up in one of these scams.

I saw a lovely car on Auto Trader last night, the price of £4k seemed too good to be true. Mini 1.6 convertible 2006 reg and only 30,006 miles on the clock. I emailed the seller on [email protected][/b] asking if the car was still for sale. I did a quick vehicle check on it and all seemed ok and legit. Being a bit nosey I also Googled the mobile number and gained a little background info on the seller too. This morning I texted the number on the advert asking if it was still available. The person rang me back and gave me her name etc...which tied in with the info I'd gleaned during last nights snooping! so all seemed good, we arranged for me to go and see the car later this afternoon and she sent me her address details along with directions etc. About 2 hours later I got a message from the seller saying that the car had been sold and she was very sorry. Understandably I was really disappointed but asked her if she'd keep me informed if the sale didn't go thru etc....

Later I was on AT looking for another Mini convertible and saw the same advert, minus the thumbnail with the email contact details on and the price had gone up to a more fitting price of £7,900. I was puzzled at why she had told me the car was sold but then thought maybe she'd realised she was selling it way too cheap. Just now I got a response to the email I sent night as follows:

[b]Sarah,
I've just read your message regarding my 2006 MINI 1.6 Cooper S. The car looks and works just perfect..., the interior and exterior look great, no smoker, no mechanical problems, accident free, Hpi clear, full service history, 6 months Tax, 6 months MOT, 30,006 miles.
The price is £4,000 includes delivery to your location. I am letting it go because I've moved to Germany and I cannot use it here, I need a left hand drive car. The vehicle is currently in custody of a shipping company with all the papers necessary to sell, ready to be delivered to its new owner. I will only sell it through Google Checkout because they will handle the payment in a way in which both of us are secure. If you are interested let me know
Thank you!
Diane Hunt

By now I was really confused but then me being me and very nosy I Googled the email address this message had come from ([email protected]) and found it on this page and realised I was dealing with a scammer!

I assume the sellers account must have been hacked in some way as I do not think for a minute she was in on this scam as all the details she gave me were legit.
#178506 by TerranceBoyce Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners sarah256.

If you hadn't realised it sarah256 all ad sites are crawling with scammers, and scammers always offer the best deals. I can't say that every good deal is a scam, but I can say that every scam is a good deal up to the moment you expect to receive a car.

You can fall for a lot of scams of various types but if you pay for a car without viewing it first the risk that there is no car at all is high. If you look at this thread you'll see a whole raft of scam ads posted by just one group of scammers and they're relentless. The fact that you asked to view the car probably saved you and they wrote you off as a target. The second is probably the genuine ad copied by the scammer.

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58509&start=60

The scammers aren't geniuses but they're blasting the scam ads out at such a high volume they can rely on hooking someone who doesn't expect to get scammed. I also know that dealers are selling accident damaged vehicles posing as private sellers on some ad sites which is only to be expected.

If you buy off an ad site you need to have your wits about you or you risk losing all your money. Ad sites should do more to stop them because I'm no genius, and I have certificates to prove I'm not :D , and I can spot them. At the end of the day it harms their business to have scammers using their services.

I've spotted a better deal on Gumtree - a 2007 Cooper S with 53,000 miles on the clock - £1,500. Too late I've already bought it - if he (claiming to be a she) will take notes I coloured in myself. :lol:

#179345 by EcologyChris Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:03 pm
Hello,

Thank you for posting on this website as it has confirmed suspicions I had of a fake car being sold by a scammer on Autotrader.

Yesterday, I came across an Audi A4 for sale at a very good price and contacted the seller for more information. Below is the response from my initial query I received from the email address: [email protected]

Hi!

I still got the 2005 Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI S Line for sale at the price of £ 1780. The car is in excellent condition, garage kept, accident free and low mileage. We live in the Northern part of Scotland, in a beautiful sea-side town called Durness.
We are a nice couple of pensioners (I am 64 and my beloved wife is 63 years old) and don't use the car so often. Also we sold our properties and bought a nice farm here in Durness. If you are really interested we will be happy to meet you in person in a suitable place for both. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection are welcomed.
Please let me know where are you based because I am sure that we can find a nice city in England to arrange a meeting.

The main reason for this sacrifice is that I have to pay urgently the notice of a final deposit for a new boat or I will lose £11500.

Thank you and let me know,

Jordan Mitchell

This email is consistent with some recent posts although the location is slightly different - Durness as opposed to Portree.

The points which made me suspicious was firstly the price for this vehicle with it being exceptionally cheap. Additionally, the listing had an email address superimposed onto the vehicle images and the seller information under the photos was that of a car dealership which didn't add up if it was a private sale. I also felt it odd that the scammer felt it appropriate to list his age and his property buying habits for no reason, and assumed I lived in England. Furthermore, it was proposed to drive the car to meet me without knowing where I live - it is at least 8 hours to the border of England, never mind the time it will take to get to the south. A final deposit for his boat is also mentioned, however, I thought the general rule of finance is that an initial deposit is paid followed by subsequent smaller payments, not a number of payments to make a deposit. Finally, the email address is a bit strange when compared to the sellers name - Jordan Mitchell and mitdanel

I emailed the seller back today being genuinely interested until I decided to do a google search to see if this was a common occurrence which is when I came across this site confirming my suspicions. I have recently looked in autotrader and the listing has now been removed so I assume their admin has also realised its a scam. I have informed them I contacted the seller and believe it to be fake but have yet to hear back. I am also yet to hear back from the scammer. Presumably his/her next reply will be one which asks me to transfer money into a google wallet account giving some dodgy excuse as to why they can't meet me in person. At least I am hoping that is the case or else I have just passed up a great deal on a car and provided you with the name and email address of someone selling it legitimately, although I doubt that is the case.

Given that no one has posted this script yet I presume it is new so please be aware. I will post again with the scammers next reply.

Thanks again,
Chris
#179349 by TerranceBoyce Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners EcologyChris.

Yes, it definitely sounds like a scam, but if you want to be sure, just ask to contact the seller by phone, then you can check his area code and see what accent you get on the other end of the line. What did he give his location as originally ?

Once you get such detailed biographical detail it's a bit of a giveaway and it confirms all the things he needs to set you up and what he thinks will reassure you. You're buying a car after all, not adopting them as your grandparents. He sounds West African by style and you'd recognise a Naija Yahoozie without trouble.

If a car is too far away for you to check before paying, the rule is 'don't buy'. Ad sites are currently overrun with scammers. Some of us try to pick up the high value cars but they'll adjust their prices to try to avoid detection.

#179473 by EcologyChris Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:42 am
Following on from my previous post, I can confirm that the person was definitely trying to scam me. Instead of google wallet, it was suggested I transfer money into a Western Union account.

It was proposed that to complete the transaction, I was to meet the scammer in Glasgow. Below is the response I received detailing how to pay;

Hi!

I am glad to inform you about the place for our meeting, at Jurys Inn Glasgow (60-96 Jamaica Street, Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow, G1 4QG). I will arrive there on Saturday evening and we will have our meeting on Sunday (27th October).
Before we come to Glasgow, we want to be sure that you will be there and we will not drive for nothing... There is a risk which we want to avoid. I spoke with my wife about this and we have a proposal for you. If you accept our proposal, we can come to the meeting as we agreed, I will reserve the car for you and we will cancel any other appointment with other potential customers.

My wife will go tomorrow to a local Western Union and she will transfer £1780 to my name to UK, Glasgow. The transfer will be done by my wife to my name and I will take back the money from Western Union in Glasgow . As soon as the transfer is done, we will send you the transfer document. This will be our proof that we will come to Glasgow and meet you. We will have to take our money back, so we will have to come there.

The same thing we want from you. A relative or a family member of yours can go to any Western Union in your city and transfer £1780 on your name to Glasgow using "Western Union Same Day Service". This is a service where you do not need a bank account. It's a transfer used mostly by relatives or family members.You will take back the money from any Western Union shop in Glasgow at the moment when we meet. When the transfer is done, you must send us the transfer document as proof that you will come to Glasgow.

Please understand that I am not asking for an advance payment, the only one who can pick up the money in Glasgow is you. I do not have access to your money, I just want to see that you are the receiver in Glasgow.
This transfer will cost you about £40. As soon as we meet I will pay you back this money. It doesn't matter if you will decide to buy the car or not. This way you have nothing to lose.

We hope you understand our message and also we don't want to seem rude but it's a long way for a blind date.

You already know that we have a very bad reception of the signal in the area where we live but I can call you after we will leave from Durness (07539347630).

Thank you!

Needless to say, I won't be doing this.

Chris
#179515 by TerranceBoyce Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:15 pm
Surprisingly the convoluted Western Union ploy is a classic Naija 419 scam ploy and not the sort of thing a couple of pensioners would come up with. The internet cafe 'yahoozie' know they can pick up payments sent this way as long as they have the security code, irrespective of the name of the beneficiary and location.

The scammer could be located in Europe or even the UK but he certainly gives away his heritage by asking for payment like that. As it says in my signature line 'you should never use Western Union to pay for goods'.

#180531 by leelynch65 Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:10 am
I was looking to by a Ford Fiesta 1.6 s zetec i found one very cheap and started some e-mail conversations which were the same as the other ones listed on here , below is a copy of one of the e-mails, i only received on the 7.11.13
These people are still out there as others have said if it sounds to good to be true then it is
always worth a quick check on sites like this.

I want to inform you the the car is in Spain and it will be shipped from here to UK.The shipper I will use will deliver the vehicle to your door, you don't have to pick it from the port. Shipping will take 10 days maximum.Due to the fact that i am located outside UK and we can not deal in person,i`ve contacted Google Wallet regarding this issue and they told me that they could offer to me a program that is created especially for international transactions that protects both of us.
Regarding the transaction, you will send the funds to Google Wallet and they will keep the money until you receive the vehicle and test it.In this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.Google Wallet will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. That is how their service is working. As far as the seller concerns, i will be glad to know that Google Wallet is in possession of the funds during the delivery period.
You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home( i will ship it to your address insured for full value to you ).
If you decide to keep the car, then you will have to authorize Google Wallet to release the funds to me, and the transaction is complete.If the vehicle is not as described ( perfect interior,exterior,mechanical condition ), you will be able to send the vehicle back through the same shipping company ( return postage at my expense ), and ask Google Wallet to return the money to you. Though i am sure you will love the car and will not want to return it, it is good to know that you do have this second option available.

http://google.wallet.com-ukonline.co.uk ... of-service

If you want to get more info about their terms and condition please contact Google Wallet using the blue button from the web site.

I bought this car from UK and it is still registered there so you don't have to pay any import taxes or any other fees.The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance.
You will get from me the keys, V5 document, manuals and all documents to register the car in your name.You don't have to worry about anything.

If you want to check the car here are the reg details:

Vehicle Registration Mark EO11XBR
VIN (chassis number) WF0GXXGAJGBK60310
Ford warranty until March 2014
ROAD Tax April 2014

If you wish to purchase it and agree to these terms i will need you to provide your full name and address. I will then notify Google Wallet and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Thank you in advance!
#180535 by TerranceBoyce Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 am
Welcome to Scamwarners leelynch65 and it's good to hear that you avoided this scammer.

It doesn't make any sense to sell a left-hand drive car registered abroad, in the UK, as the hassle involved in insuring and re-registering it is too great and you can't perform the normal checks that would establish that it's finance free and not an accident damaged write off. Most buyers would be put off by this but apart from that, it doesn't make sense for a seller to attempt to sell his car where he would get the worst price, as another member has established that you get a better price for cars abroad. This scam is simply badly thought out and appears to be the simplest way this criminal can explain away why you can't view his non-existent vehicle.

If you pay any money out before inspecting a vehicle you face a high risk of giving your money away to a scammer and, if you've found a bargain, bear in mind that scammers are the ones offering the best deals because they can undercut any genuine seller.

#181330 by Lincolnites Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm
Hi everyone! Wow I'm glad I found this website!

We saw two lovely cars on Autotrader yesterday and responded asking for information. Seems to be the same as everyone else's here. Posting the correspondence. Hanstock11 is the person that contacted us, although we also saw a lovely ford galaxy advertised by [email protected] here: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ars-EAF004

However the vehicle we replied about was a C-Max: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 169959884/

Here's the correspondence. Fortunately, I thought I'd check it all out, and check out Google Wallet too, and that's when i realised it was all a scam! I feel so sorry for people caught by this, because I don't consider myself stupid, but very nearly "fell into the trap"!!

Correspondence here:

To: xxxx
Sent: Sunday, 17 November 2013, 19:40
Subject: Re: C-Max

Hello there,

I attached the pics in case you want to see the vehicle again.I want to inform you the the car is in Cadiz and it will be shipped from here to UK.The shipper I will use will deliver the vehicle to your door, you don't have to pick it from the port. Shipping will take 10 days maximum. Due to the fact that i am located in Spain and we can not deal in person,i`ve contacted Google Wallet regarding this issue and they told me that they could offer to me a program that is created especially for international transactions that protects both of us.Regarding the transaction, you will send the funds to Google Wallet and they will keep the money until you receive the vehicle and test it.In this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.Google Wallet will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. That is how their service is working. As far as the seller concerns, i will be glad to know that Google Wallet is in possession of the funds during the delivery period.
You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home( i will ship it to your address insured for full value to you ).If you decide to keep the car, then you will have to authorize Google Wallet to release the funds to me, and the transaction is complete.If the vehicle is not as described ( perfect interior,exterior,mechanical condition ), you will be able to send the vehicle back through the same shipping company ( return postage at my expense ), and ask Google Wallet to return the money to you.

http://google.wallet.com-ukonline.co.uk ... of-service

If you want to get more info about their terms and condition please contact Google Wallet using the blue button from the web site.

I bought this car from UK and it is still registered there so you don't have to pay any import taxes or any other fees.The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance, Full service history. You will get from me the keys, V5 document, manuals and all documents to register the car in your name.You don't have to worry about anything.

If you want to check the car here are the reg details:

# Vehicle Registration Mark (VRM) EO09 PVZ
# VIN (chassis number) WF0EXXGCDE9M89512
# Road tax and mot - 04/2014

Thank you in advance!

To: Ms. Margaret Hanstock <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, 17 November 2013, 18:49

The other option we have is we fly over to spain and see the vehicle and then drive it back home!

To: xxxxx
Sent: Sunday, 17 November 2013, 17:55

Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2009 FORD C-MAX 1.8TDCi Titanium 5dr Diesel Estate!
Although I am registered in the UK,i recently moved to Cadiz, Spain (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here.
I want to sell it in UK due to the fact that it's an UK version (right handed),it meets all UK standards.I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees. The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.The car is in perfect condition, the bodywork is immaculate,no scratches, dents or hidden defects as well as the interior in excellent non-smoking condition , never been implied in any accident and it is as advertised .
The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the car in you name.If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your address in maximum 10 days.
Final price is GBP 2,200 (the price includes shipping and insurance fees). The price is low because the car is right hand drive in a country where all cars are left hand drive so in the Spain is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle and nobody wants to buy it here in Spain.Instead of keeping it in garage (during this economical crisis), I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price.
I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate,the deal will be manage by a well known company,in this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.
Let me know if you need any further details or if you would like to buy my car.

Thank you!

Added quotations. (BW)
#181376 by TerranceBoyce Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:38 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Lincolnites.

If you ask people whether car dealers are ever unscrupulous it puts in to perspective how cautious you should be in purchasing any vehicle online because, not only have the most unscrupulous dealers found the internet the best place to dispose of stolen, accident damaged and vehicles with finance outstanding, but there's a whole new organised group selling cars that don't exist at all.

Simply by insisting on inspecting the vehicle first you deal with the last group of scammers, but you still have to be cautious and take steps to protect yourself from all the other scammers but, if you don't even view the vehicle first, you might as well flush your money down the loo. Yesterday evening a group of us turned up and reported something like 50 adverts that were complete fakes, and the volumes appearing on ad sites are increasing exponentially.

Like many others I have been using the internet for many years, but people must understand and be aware of the potential limitations and drawbacks. Many people won't realise that they can lose many tens of thousands of pounds using a reputable website without any chance of getting their money back, and that's not including those who put their card details on websites they know nothing about that exist only to phish card details.

#181381 by Lincolnites Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:49 am
I am just delighted that we looked the vehicle up, and researched a little before committing ourselves! The person has replied this morning with the following email!

Re: C-Max
From
Ms. Margaret Hanstock

Hello there,

Yes the car has cruise control. I contacted Google Wallet just now and they shall get back to you shortly to explain the entire payment procedure.
Please email me back as soon as they get in touch.

Thank you!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.