Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#114275 by eaglehdz_21 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:01 pm
Hi, i recently sent a paypal invoice to a buyer that wished to purchase an item from me. The buyer paid, and the funds were immediately available to me in my account balance. The buyers account is verified and has a confirmed shipping address. I have packaged up the item and ready to ship with signature confirmation to avoid a INR case. Is there any way that this can be some sort of a scam? Everything seems to look alright, but i am still concerned as to what are the latest scams out there.

thanks any help will be appreciated!!
Advertisement

#114283 by Bubbles Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:11 am
Welcome to ScamWarners eaglehdz_21. Scammers spoof / fake PayPal email communications. Do not trust what you receive by email. Log directly into your PayPal account to verify any transactions. Do not click on any links in those emails either. They do not lead to PayPal.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#114341 by Dotti Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:55 am
We can never guarantee something is 100% not a scam. Technically, there is always a possibility that a hacker has gotten hold of a real person's paypal account and linked box, and added an address, or some other similar scenario.

But that's a whole lot of work just to steal an item, and it is not something we typically see. Using delivery confirmation covers the other major scam (claiming item was not received), so you have taken all reasonable precautions. I am assuming the address is not out of the country. Assuming that is the case, If I were the seller, and there were no other red flags, I personally would go ahead and ship.

Note that no matter how good everything looked, if the person wanted me to ship to Africa or Malaysia, it would take a very special situation to get me to ship the item.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.