Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#114393 by happinessva Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:13 am
Hello everyone,
Im from Greece. I wanted to sell a sofa, and someone asked me more informations about it. She was an old woman from UK. She agreed with the paying method(bank transfer, the sum of 1200.00Euro) and asked me my bank information to give to her lawyer(as she said). I gave her everything she asked. The first 'lawyers' mail was

[Good Morning i got your mail, And before you mail your Client's Dr Hemphey has mail me also so i that she really want to BUY Mechandise from Greece so actually, Am from Greece ANTHES, But i grew up in London and work here in East London. Am very glad that am handing this transaction with my Country Man, I really assure you that i will make everything possible for this transaction, I work with Interpol here in England cause i handle a lot of Internet Crime cases Properly. The reason am involve because your Client's Dr Hemphey was recently Defrauded, So i warn her that each time she want's to buy online that i should be involved..According to her she want the Cabinet to be pickup from your home so i will need your full Location address:

Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Mobile Number:

Once i receive this address i will forward it to the Appedex shipping company for the pickup in your home, after the payment is been made so i will mail you later once i got to the BANK, i will need to talk to the BANK Manager to confirm on the transfer process cause the sum of € 1.200.00 Euro will be transfer to your account, everything will be done if possible today or by tomorrow morning... Depend on the way you reply to my mail.. I will go to the BANK to confirm on the procedure for the online BANKING Transfer............I await for your urgent response...

Regards...

Barrister Cutis....
]

Then he asked me to send to the shipping company the sum of 250.00Euro, the half of the shipping cost that it was needed. I did that. I sent the money viw WESTERN UNION to this address in NIGERIA
I got mails from them, saying the received the money and then sending the receipt to the bank. I just got a mail from the bank

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account, you are to send 500.00Euro to the shipping company through a Western Union Outlet, and notify our customer care service with a scanned copy of the western union receipt.

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction.

Please, find below the name and address of the shipping company's agent whom you are to send the funds via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Transport Company APPEDEX"

Italked to the buyer so next day she said that she had an alert from the bank and the money was not enough so i had to send more.
The mail from her was

i was not even happy since the shipping company called you, but then can't come not until you complete the transfer the money of the sofa the sum of 1700.00Euro was insufficient to be transfer to your account, so the BANK as for an additional payment the sum of 800.00Euro,and then ask you to send 550.00Euro to the shipping company address and send the details to my lawyer to activate on your account so what you need to do now is to arrange for the 550.00Euro by tomorrow morning and go to the ELTA post to make the transfer so that they can activate on your account. And the shipping company will be coming for the pickup if you don't complete on that your account will not be activated so conclude with the BANK procedure and make the transfer by tomorrow i assure you everything will be ok.... And let me know about the Baby i really girl about the girl take good care of the Baby have a wonderful... day you can be online on your mobile so that we can chat better....

Good day

Regards

Dr Hemphey...

I sent more 300.00Euros to the shipping company by WESTERN UNION, sending her, to the lawyer and the bank the receipt and the transfer details. After all I didnt receive any mail, Im just waiting(aimlessly) to come and pick up the item. I know Im to fool so I have to tell that for avoid such a scam. The mails I received messages was

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thank you very much for your time, hope next time being more careful....... :|
Last edited by Bubbles on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
Advertisement

#114560 by Bubbles Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:18 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners happinessva, I am sorry you were scammed in this way. Scammers are very convincing in their lies.

I hope that your experience will help others who may come in contact with the same of similar scammer.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.