Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#121850 by RandiandBrad Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:44 pm
We just listed a Nissan 350z on Craigslist and got an email from Jordan David Evans from an email account in a different name asking if this vehicle was still available. I replied back it was and got this big speech about him wanting to buy this cars for a son as a surprise and he was out on an oil rig and needed our PayPal email acct and he would put the money in there and send somebody to come and pick up the vehicle and for us to immediately take our advertisement down with payment.

I told my husband we were not taking any offers for Paypal and that's why we put it on Craigslist and not EBay! It sounded like a scam to me because he kept signing his name differently and his choice of words and arrangement was off. But my husband didn't see how it could be. After going back and forth about it I decided to Google Jordan Davis Evans and found he had sent the same exact letter to many others. So he is apparently buying his son a lot of vehicles ranging from Nissan 350z's to Honda Odessey vans lol!

This is a big SCAMMER!!!
Advertisement

#136084 by lilac-mist Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 am
An email came to me from a Jordan David Evans asking if I still have an eBay listed Fur Jacket available. Having had a similar email in the past few weeks from a Mark Smith ostensibly wishing to buy the same jacket for his daughter in Russia, but whom turned out to be a Nigerian Scamster, I have not replied to Jordan David Evans. Now, with interest, I have come to this site and find my suspicions of Jordan David Evans to be correct. Thank you, SCAMWARNERS !
#136109 by began steele Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am
We need email addresses and emails folks to help warn others.Names change and email address and messages likely to remain static.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#174021 by chrissiee Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:46 pm
This scammer has just tried to buy my rug from ebay advert. I did suspect it was odd, and I replied with my email for him to send it via paypal. Fortunately I came to this site and very quickly sent him a very unpleasant reply. I just hope he cant access my paypal account with my e mail address. Think I might change it now for a while. He's in Nigeria so I told him my husband was working in Wari and would pay him a visit lol.
don't fall for it