Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#234394 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:33 pm
Please post the actual email and email address he sent you.

The scammer wanted to send you a fake Paypal payment. He has a fake Paypal address from a free email provider. The payment would look real. Its a screen shot of a fake payment. Depending on what you were selling he would either try to steal your money or property. If it was a vehicle or large item, he would pretend to make an overpayment. He then will instruct you to pay a mover, shipper or agent. The fake Paypal email from the scammer would say that your Paypal funds will be released when you send the scammer (mover,agent or shipper) money via Western Union or Money Gram. In reality Paypal would never hold your funds.

Log into Paypal directly without any links to check for monies received or call Paypal directly from the number on their site.

If you are selling electronics, Cell phones or computers then the scammer is trying to steal your "item". Your fake funds will be released when you send the scammer a scan copy of a receipt showing you mailed your item.

This same scam works with fake check and money orders. You and your bank will think they are real. After you cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. Your bank will have you repay the monies. Possibly close your account for fraud and report you to Law Enforcement.

The best thing to do is to sell in person face to face in a public place.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#234398 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:50 pm
Please post the emails the scammers are sending you.

Often scammers will reuse the same script. People may search for the script and find your warning.

Also, you will get more scammerd to reply to your ad than real buyers.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#234400 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:07 pm
Sent email too: [email protected]
He replied from: [email protected]

Am okay with the price of the item.I will like the shipping to be handle by Post Office so i will add up the shipping cost also I will be doing the payment via Paypal money transfer. do send me your PayPal Email ID with Name or send me paypal money request.
To proceed with the payment for the item.
So i wait to read from you soon.

Thanks

#234401 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:22 pm
IP for [email protected] >> Location: Lagos, Nigeria

I live and work in Edmonton so i don't have time to meet up or do the shipping my self due to my work engagement so i will be paying for the shipping cost but i'm buying the item for my son in west Africa so here is the address item:
Name: Tunde seun.
Address:# 38 Lafenwa Street
City: Abeokuta
State: Ogun State
Zip Code: 23403

I just check the shipping cost on online and it will cost 90 international air parcel post so you can add 90 and send me your paypal money request to this email [email protected]

#234404 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:15 pm
[email protected]
Hi,
Am happy to inform you that i have made the payment so i will like to know if you have receive any confirmation email from them if not i will like you to check your mail,i will like you to help me get the item shipped as a gift to my son i have include the shipping cost in the payment so that i can cover the S&H amount,So i will like you to proceed the shipment to my son address:

Name: Tunde seun.
Address:# 38 Lafenwa Street
City: Abeokuta
State: Ogun State
Zip Code: 23403

with POST OFFICE and as soon as the shipment as been done, i will like you to get me notify by sending me the tracking number.
Thanks

#234409 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Originating IP: 41.203.69.36
Originating ISP: Globacom Ltd
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria

PayPal Customer Service® [email protected]

PayPal