Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#137214 by Bryon Williams Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:32 pm
Updating with a new email address and a fake Paypal email address. In this scam the scammer does not want your item. He will send you a fake Paypal Payment from his fake Paypal email address. He wants you to send the over payment to his fake agent or shipper. He is wanting you to use Money Gram.

[email protected]
[email protected]

This is to inform you that you are required to send a sum of $745.00 USD to the address below via money gram money transfer and get back to us with the relevant information which you will be provided with after the money has been sent, you are requested to email us the REFERENCE NUMBERS, sender's name and address used to make the transfer and the secret question and answer.As soon as we have received these information from you, we will credit a sum of $1,100.00 USD to your PayPal account.Below is the address where the money is to be sent to using money gram.

Agent's Info:
NAME: AYOMIDE SEUN
ADDRESS: NO 20 KAYODE STR
CITY: IBADAN
STATE: OYO
ZIP CODE: 23402

QUESTION: MY NAME

ANSWER: JAMES

REFERENCE # 8 DIGITS

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#137840 by cjlemos Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 am
Hey all - I just received an email from fullspeedahead@gmailcom <[email protected]> saying: "i will like to buy it get back to me get back to me ([email protected])". I told him where to go (not in a very nice way). I didnt see any reference to this "[email protected]" in this forum, so thought it would be helpful to get it on a search page now.
#138010 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 pm
Continuing to update:

In this scam the scammer does not want your item. He will send you a fake Paypal Payment from his fake Paypal email address. He wants you to send the over payment to his fake agent or shipper. He is wanting you to use Western Union or Money Gram.

I have received information that the scammer is also attempting to complete his scams by Text Messages. He is not where the area code of text came from. He is using Google Voice or a free Text service. Today he used.

Area Code Houston Texas.
832 736 5892

Hello,
I will like to know if you still have this add on for sale?please let me know the final price of it asap

I'm just asking about it to make sure its in good condition so can you
assure me i will not be disappointed?cause am actually away on the sea
right now as am a marine Eng,that's why i am making use of a shipping
company to have this picked up from you.Further arrangements will be
made with you in regards to the pick up once i have paid you.More so,
i will be adding my shippers fee to your payment and when you get my
payment,you can help me transfer their charges to them via western
union here in USA,since i do not have access to western union here at
this moment then i don't bring my credit card abroad i would have done
it online by my self through western union web site OK..,

Do you mind emailing me with more pictures too since i won't be seeing
this in person ?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#138049 by Bryon Williams Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 pm
Updating with additional scammer information. Email addresses and another USA address to ship your items, mail payment or send western union payments.

Walter Burnham
140 Brookfield Rd ( road )
Fiskdale, Massachusetts 01518

#138284 by fcfollett Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:29 pm
Our friend got a new job as an Oceanographer! Thanks for keeping an eye on scammers like this

Hi there,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please assure me that it's in good condition and that i will not be disappointed with it.I'm ready to pay your asking price and to be honest, i wanted to buy this for my Dad, but the issue is i am an oceanographer and i do have a contract to go for which starts tomorrow and am leaving any moment from now.The contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea area. But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of laptop so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the paypal fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with paypal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will be handling the title for me. So i look forward to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks...
#138292 by Bryon Williams Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:19 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners fcfollett,

Thank you for posting. Please post the email addresses he used to contact you. Most of the time there are two email addresses. One he sent with and one to reply to. You can check the headers or post them. Please remove your personal information from the header.

Bryon

#138419 by Bryon Williams Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:03 am
Part of this scam group is now targeting vehicles. As stated in earlier post the scammer in this attempt does not want your vehicle. He want to steal your money.

I'm just asking about it to make sure its in good condition so can you assure me i will not be disappointed?cause am actually away on the sea right now as am a marine Eng,that's why i am making use of a shipping company to have this picked up from you.Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pick up once i have paid you.More so, i will be adding my shippers fee to your payment and when you get my payment,you can help me transfer their charges to them via western union here in USA,since i do not have access to western union here at this moment then i don't bring my credit card abroad i would have done it online by my self through western union web site OK.., Do you mind emailing me with more pictures too since i won't be seeing this in person ? Hope to hear from you soon. Regards

I have just made the payments now and i expect PayPal to have emailed
by now,check your PayPal email address if you have been messaged yet,
i sent $5692.34 in all including my agent fee and western union
charges which is $75, So please i will need you to help me send the
sum of $990 to shipper agent via western union so they can be able to
come for the pick up on time and the necessary paper documents, i have
inform them for the pickup arrangement after you have send their
charges to them here in USA.Below is the Name and Address of the
shipping agent info you needed to get the money sent through western
union money transfer:

kindly email the necessary details to PayPal customer care:The mtcn 10
digit number on the western union money transfer receipt, which you
will be given at the western union after you might sent the money as
well as the sender's name and address used to send the money through
western union to my agent, email all the western union details to
PayPal direct that is fine with me in order for the money i sent to be
credit into your account and after verify everything they will
credited the whole money into your account.
PS: i need your residence home address cos i need to send it to my
agent so that they can figure it out,It's nice doing business with
you.

I will be looking forward to hear from you.
Regards

#143958 by Bryon Williams Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm
Updating with a new email address and scam.
[email protected]
It appears from the information I received this group of scammers are now attempting romance scams.

I do know that they are targeting seniorpeoplemeet.com profiles. However, they will target any site.

Hi,
I saw your profile and it really got me on my mind,i hope you dont mind been your friend and maybe something more later cause friendship comes first.
You can email me through my personal email [email protected]

Regards
Handy.