Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#149393 by audichick82 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 am
Hi Everyone

I've just had a Travis Lyon email me. I'm selling a wedding dress on Gumtree and he contacted me wanted to buy it. He said it was for his pastor daughter. Alarm bells rang for me as his email address was [email protected] - which makes him 24yrs old. Also his name is very English but his english on email was very poor. He was very adament to proceed with a transaction via PayPal. He sent me his shipping agent details which are:

Name: Fred Hanson
Address:1521 Skipper Ave Str
City: Eugene
State: Oregon
Post Code: 97404

This is the same as what has been posted above. Please watch out for this scam. He wanted to know my home address to arrange a pick up. God knows what would have happened if I gave this to him.

Watch out guys!
#149396 by Dotti Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am
I'm glad that you recognized this as a scammer, because it certainly is.

Anyone replying to an online classified and sending you to a "shipping agent" is pretty much going to be a scammer, and any mention of moneygram or Western Union is a sign to walk away.

I will point out, though, that you might filter out innocent people when making assumptions about a year in an address. While many people certainly do use their birth year, there are people who use years that are significant to them for other reasons--for example, year of graduation, or of birth of a child, or year of some event that was of importance in their lives.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#150644 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm
This scammer is now attempting an advance fee scam. The scammer will promise you money. He will want you to send fees to himself or another party that is part of his crime. You have not won any prize or money. Do not send him or anyone you never personally met money via Western Union or Money Gram.

[email protected]
Janet Bridget

Western Union Head Office Department Republic Of Nigeria
Foreign Contractor Payment Office, 4 Sudan United Close Abakalili CO/B/REP, Nigeria.
Telephone:+2348062108323.
Contact Email: [email protected]

Attention: Dear Beneficiary,

Western union received your last mail. How are you doing today? My office is receipt of your last mail, content well understood and noted. I am really not shocked or surprise reading your mail, because this is very hard for you to believe, but the only assurance i can give to you right now at this moment is that, the first payment of $5,000usd is going to be sent on your name the moment you send your full and complete information to enable us verify with the information we have on our computer system to know we are contacting the right beneficiary. You are advise for your own good to keep this message confidential until you have receive your full funds for the safety of your money and for us to be sure that we are contacting the right person. We received your email and anyway it is a good news that you have been awarded with the sum of $950.000.00 USD by our office, as one of our customers who use Western Union in their daily business transaction. This award was been selected through the internet, where your e-mail address was indicated and notified, We will be sending you $5,000 daily until the $950.000.00 USD is completed. the first $5,000 has been sent already so Please provide us with the following details listed below so that your fund will be remitted to you through our service Western Union. You can also call our TEL: +2348062108323 for more details.

Fill The Form Below
1. Name:______
2. Address________
3. Country:_______
4. Phone Number____
5. Occupation:________
6. Sex:_________________
7. Age___________________

Welcome to Western Union Money Transfer,
Mrs Janet Bridget
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#150794 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm
Adding to the post above. This is the second email the scammer will send.

[email protected]

Foreign Contractor Payment Office, 4 Sudan United Close Abakalili CO/B/REP, Nigeria.
Telephone: + 2348062108323.

Attention: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

After our official verification perusal we have obtain facts that you are the bonafide beneficiary of the total fund of Nine hundred and fifty thousand united state dollars($950,000 USD) deposited in our office by the ministry of finance of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria through fund vault KTU/9023118308/03 from United Nation, we want to use this opportunity to congratulate you once again for this immensely donation given to you by the Western Union in conjunction with United Nations during the Lottery Online Promo supported by Paris Club International. We are instructed by United Nations and Federal Government of Nigeria to transfer your fund to you via our installment transfer Five Thousand Dollars($5,000 USD) daily till the amount of Nine hundred and fifty thousand united state dollars($950,000 USD) is completely paid to you through our service (Western Union Money Transfer). We have transferred your first installment payment today for your pick-up at any western union worldwide and payment information below, but on-hold because you have not renew your payment file with us here in our office. The reason why you are to renew your payment file by paying the sum of $475 USD is that the United Nation deposited the total amount in our online transfer computer system and by so doing we can only send the fee to the beneficiary to see and confirm that the money is available for pick by receiver which is you, so in other for you to be able to pick up this amount in cash at any western union office or Bank you must first have to renew your payment file with us which cost the sum of $475 USD only and immediately your renewal file will be renew and then you can pick up the first payment of $5,000 USD and the next payment can be made until your total sum of $950,000,00 USD is completed. This office has sent your daily $5,000.00 today and you can pick up the money at any Western Union worldwide the moment you renew your payment file with us.

Here is the information of the first payment sent on your name to you, but it will remain on hold until your payment file re-new before we can release the first $5,000 USD to you. To you be sure that the money is available in your name, you can track it and confirm the availability of your first payment. Track the MTCN to confirm that it is available for pick up on your name by Click on our web-site via this tracking link http:// nigeria.westernunion.com/ WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&countryCode= NG&languageCode=en&pagename=HomePage to track your available money.

Sender's first name:..........WANDA
Sender's last name:........... MCGUIRE
MTCN....................28019xxxxx
Receiver's name...... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transfer Status: Available For Pick Up
Amount:....................... .$5000.00 USD

Therefore, copy the name below and go straight and send our official re-new payment file of $475 USD to enable us proceed on your payment release immediately, below is the information of our account officer which you will use to remit the $475 USD via Western Union Money Transfer been our re-new payment file for your $5,000.00 USD.

Receiver name:........Omoniyi Tunde
Test question:..........Thank
Test answer:............GOD.
Amount:..................$475 USD

Your urgent respond is highly needed to enable us to release your first transferred $5,000 USD now, include your telephone number as you reply with your payment MTCN for the transfer fees. We hereby issued you our code of conduct, which is (WUMT-824). Call this office for any question +2348062108323

I do hope you totally understand the content and note of this message? Please do get back to us immediately with your prompt response.

Welcome to Western Union Money Transfer
Mrs Janet Bridget
[email protected]

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#153018 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 pm
I have received information that this group has started a different scam to go along with the others.
Please know that any email address in this thread will do any type of scam.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
John Brown
Janet Bridget

ATTENTION!!! $5,000.00 WAS SENT THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER TO YOU TODAY.

ATTENTION!!!

The first $5,000.00 was sent today. My working partner has helped me to send the first $5,000.00 to you through western union. So contact our Western Union claims Agent to pick up this $5,000 now: Contact person: Mrs. Janet Bridget TEL: +2348062108323 . E-mail:( [email protected] ) Ask her to give you the MTCN, Sender's Name to pick the $5,000.00. I told him to keep sending you $5,000.00 daily until the payment of $100,000.00 is completed. Again forward him your details so that he will be sure.Full Name, Address, Occupation, Sex, Age and Telephone number.

Thanks.

#153019 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:07 pm
I was also given a few new email addresses that this scammer is using.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

#153047 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:29 am
Another update.
I just received additional email addresses used by scammers [email protected] and [email protected] .

All these addresses are targeting Craigslist sellers. However, these scammers are not limited to Craigslist.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
mandylange@comcast
[email protected]

#153496 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 pm
Updating:
[email protected]

FILL AND SUBMIT CLAIM FORM (Verification Process Requirement.)

Telephone:+2348062108323.

Attention: Dear Beneficiary,

Western union received your last mail. How are you doing today? My office is receipt of your last mail, content well understood and noted. I am really not shocked or surprise reading your mail, because this is very hard for you to believe, but the only assurance i can give to you right now at this moment is that, the first payment of $5,000 usd is going to be sent on your name the moment you send your full and complete information to enable us verify with the information we have on our computer system to know we are contacting the right beneficiary. You are advise for your own good to keep this message confidential until you have receive your full funds for the safety of your money and for us to be sure that we are contacting the right person. We received your email and anyway it is a good news that you have been awarded with the sum of $950.000.00 USD by our office, as one of our customers who use Western Union in their daily business transaction. This award was been selected through the internet, where your e-mail address was indicated and notified, We will be sending you $5,000 daily until the $950.000.00 USD is completed. the first $5,000 has been sent already so Please provide us with the following details listed below so that your fund will be remitted to you through our service Western Union. You can also call our TEL: +2348062108323 for more details.

Fill The Form Below
1. Name:______
2. Address________
3. Country:_______
4. Phone Number____
5. Occupation:________
6. Sex:_________________
7. Age___________________

Welcome to Western Union Money Transfer,
Mr John Brown
[email protected]
TEL: +2348062108323 .

#153824 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:13 am
Updating with another scam this group will attempt. This scam is an employment scam. The Check or Money Order will be fake. The scammer will have you deposit the fake funds and send money to the painter via Western Union or Money Gram.

Your bank may accept the check or fake money order. Day or weeks later your bank will inform you that the funds were fake. You will have to repay the money back to the bank, possibly reported for fraud and you will never get your money back that you sent to the scammer.

This script could be easily changed by the scammer as in who to send the payment to (Agent,gardener, maid, lawyer, etc. The rate of pay could also be changed.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hello,

Thank you for your timely response concerning the Cleaner Ads.My
Financier in the states will be responsible for handling the
payment.I will be arriving to the states soon.I will like you to know
you will be responsible for general cleaning
of hallways (dusting,vacuuming and mopping),doors,windows,pick up
trash in common areas,sweeping and changing light bulbs etc. I am a
consultant currently working with WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (W.H.O),so
I want you to know that my client will be sending you the payment in
form of Certified check,which you will get soonest,because i don't
want any delay about this cleaning,i want the house to look as clean
as possible..I will be paying you $500 every week if you are willing to
help in cleaning the house. More so, i will need your reputable trust
and favour ,i have made arrangements with a painter to paint the rooms
for me prior to my arrival So my client will be sending you a check of
($4150),so you will take out $500 and send the rest $3,650 to the
painter via western union which i will be giving you the painter's
information where you will be sending the money to as soon as i get it
from him and the tracking # for the check from my client, i will want
you to email me your full name and address for the check to be
delivered to you by tomorrow, please do email me your full correct
address and don't send a P.O box, so that the payment won't get lost

HERE ARE THE DETAILS I WANT YOU TO EMAIL BACK SO THAT THE CHECK CAN GET YOU:

First name...................
Last name.....................
Door step street address...............
City..........................
State.........................
Zip/Postal code...............
Age............................
Home phone....................
Cell phone.....................
Current position in Occupation...........

Hope all this arrangement is Okay with You ,if so do email back as
soon as possible so that i can make the arrangement for the check asap
don't make any mistake when sending your details because i don't want
the payment to get lost.The Keys to the house and the address is
already with the painter and he will update you as soon as the funds
are sent to her,I will really appreciate your effort and i strongly
believe you will enjoy working with me..

Best Regards

#154587 by Bryon Williams Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm
This scammer has started to use a new reason why he can not come see the item.
In this scam the scammer will send you a fake PayPal payment with an amount over the price you are asking. He tell you that the money is on hold until you send the over payment via Western Union or Money Gram to his fake shipper / agent. He does not want your item. He is attempting to steal your money. Nothing he says is real. Any type of payment he sends you will be fake.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Text 8327365892

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Am really satisfied and I
appreciate your honesty,I think your price is quite okay, (1)What is
the condition? (2) What is the actual price as your last offer on it
I'm buying this as surprise re-union gift for my dad so I
wouldn't want him to know of this until it get delivered to him. I
would have love to come at least to see what am buying but I've just
been discharged from the hospital due to a bomb blast injury I
sustained while on duty service in Kabul Afghanistan and my Orthopedic
doctor advice that I should be on wheelchair for 3months for the bone
to recuperate. I will start making arrangement concerning the pickup
at your place once I read back from you so you've got nothing to worry
about am going to handle shipping. Regarding payment, I will be making
payment via my secure paypal account so I need you to get back to me
with your paypal email address, pickup address, so I can proceed on
with making the payment in a meaningful time frame. I look forward
reading back from you.

#155334 by Bryon Williams Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 pm
I just received an updated address the scammer will want you to ship in Nigeria.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Text 8327365892

All right,here is the shipping address:

Name:-Omoniyi Tunde
Address:- 40 Obafemi Awolowo Way
City :-Abeokuta
State :-Ogun State
Zip Code:-23403

Hope to read back from you soon so that i can make the payment immediately.

#155426 by Bryon Williams Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:42 pm
This scammer is now doing Craigslist job scams ( Driver , Cleaner , Job ). He will send a fake check or fake PayPal payment (Emails will not be from PayPal) as an upfront salary payment. He then will have the victim send an over payment via Western Union or Money Gram to his Agent or third party. The scammer is playing all roles in this scam.

He may have you be a money mule and receive Western Union or Money Gram payments from other victims. Do not do it. You will be the only one Law Enforcement will find and charge. The scammer is not using his real name or phone number. His text / phone number is a Google Voice number. His email and name is fictitious. His IP is forged. He is in Lagos, Nigeria more than likely in an Internet Café used by many people.

John Brown
[email protected]
832 736 5892
(832) 736 5892
832-736-5892

Are you still looking for a DRIVER job?text me back for further discussion

Are you still looking for a job?text me back for further discussion