Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#130501 by clreportscam Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 am
Great,I just wanted to make sure nothing is been left out,I am quite
okay with your price, I need you to understand that I am willing and
ready to purchase it right away,put it off the AD site and consider me
as your favorite buyer, Please note that I have a shipper/mover who
handles my shipping arrangement anywhere in the world,he would be
coming for the pickup, after you have received payment, which would be
through paypal, If this is acceptable, advice soon as I am an
hydrographer and I am buying this for my son,I am at work right now .I
can only pay through pay pal at the moment as I do not have access to
my bank account online,but I have it attached to ay pal account,and
this is why I insisted on using pay pal to pay,all I will need is your
pay pal email address to make the payments.In the meantime,can you
send me more pictures (if available)? I want you to provide me with
the following information for me to
proceed with the Payment...

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4)what is The final Price
5)is there any other issues with the item not mentioned on Craigslist?
6)kindly remove the post from craigslist

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so
kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID. You need not to worry
yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the
shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the
transaction do get back to me with your PayPal ID and total cost so
that I can make the payment asap. I will
be waiting for your reply!

Thanks and God bless
Advertisement

#131105 by Bubbles Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 am
Scammers are persistent and keep at it because once in a while, their scam and lies pay off. It is sad but a reality. Thank you for posting.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#150553 by CraigslistPayPalScam Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:54 am
"Jack Wedding" trying another Craigslist PayPal scam:

Great,I just wanted to make sure nothing is been left out,I am quite
okay with your price, I need you to understand that I am willing and
ready to purchase it right away,put it of the AD site and consider me
as your favourite buyer, Please note that I have a shipper/mover who
handles my shipping arrangement anywhere in the world,he would be
coming for the pickup, after you have received payment, which would be
through paypal, If this is acceptable, advice soon as I am an marine
and I am buying this for my son,I am at work right now .I
can only pay through pay pal at the moment as I do not have access to
my bank account online,but I have it attached to my paypal account,and
this is why I insisted on using pay pal to pay,all I will need is your
pay pal email address to make the payments.In the meantime,can you
send me more pictures (if available)? I want you to provide me with
the following information for me to
proceed with the Payment...

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
5)is there any other issues with the item not mentioned on Craigslist?
6)kindly remove the post from craigslist

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so
kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID. You need not to worry
yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the
shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the
transaction do get back to me with your PayPal ID and total cost so
that I can make the payment asap. I will
be waiting for your reply!

PS: Thank you ScamWarners for making it easy to recognize and search this scammer.
#151908 by JRACER Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 am
Jack Wedding, At IT AGAIN...

Just signed up on SCAMWARNERS to let everyone know that I received an email from Jack Wedding last night regarding an item I had for sell on craigslist. Same MO/email as I found on this site warning of his scam.

Thanks to all on this site for the heads up about this SCAMER!

The email addresses below are from the person/persons that have contacted me till I received the "Jack Wedding" email (<[email protected]>)

Other email addresses from this Scam family:
cas <[email protected]>
cas <[email protected]>
#151914 by TerranceBoyce Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am
Welcome to Scamwarners JRACER and thanks for taking the trouble to post his latest addresses.

They're like cockroaches and you can't stop them, but you can make them less effective, and by working together we can prevent people who do a Google search becoming victims.

As we learn their latest tactics we can also point out the signs to watch out for. Those who are careful can avoid the scammers.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#152729 by SullyC Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:21 am
Well I just got this email for a car that I am selling. I thought it was suspicious and thankfully I Googled the name and email address and found this site. I joined and am posting this reply to keep this name active as he is still working the scam. One question I do have is what do most people do after you get the email? Do you just delete it or reply that you are not interested? I also sent the email to Paypal.
#152740 by SullyC Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:12 pm
SullyC wrote:Well I just got this email for a car that I am selling. I thought it was suspicious and thankfully I Googled the name and email address and found this site. I joined and am posting this reply to keep this name active as he is still working the scam. One question I do have is what do most people do after you get the email? Do you just delete it or reply that you are not interested? I also sent the email to Paypal.

PS: I think I got an initial email from this guy and he asked for my direct email address and naturally I sent it to him.

cas [[email protected]]
What is the final price does it have my mechanical problem ? reply back direct with your email
Thanks
Jack
#154334 by kanabi Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 am
Thank god i read this.I am selling on Gum tree and straight away got the i am at sea and an engineer on a rig story.Says her name is Susan .I ask for license number their details so i can fill out the rego disposal form.they replied with full details.I am sure they must be fake.Its just to obvious.At first i was almost fooled,but became suspicious after examining reply email closer.I am trying to sell a $12000 car and they are willing to buy without even looking at it.Give me a break.I have sold cars before and no one in their right mind would do such a thing.
SELLER BE WARY,STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE THEY MEAN YOU NO GOOD,and thank you scam warners for confirming my fears.
#155833 by Page76 Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 am
I just got this exact same thing on a ksl classifieds post for a motorcycle. The email I had was from a [email protected] with Jack Wedding as the name and then on the reply he sent that from the [email protected] email address.

After I received that email, I looked up Jack Wedding and found you people. Thank you!!!!

One question I have for you who have experienced Jack and his many names and emails....do they leave you alone after? I told him I found his information on a scam notification site and that I'm out and junk mailed his emails. Anyone have any additional issues with him or does he give up?

Page
#155836 by Bubbles Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:10 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Page76, yes, just leave a scammer alone once you realize he is a scammer.

It is illegal to spam another person's email account, even if they are a scammer. Trying to get back at a scammer is like trying to teach a pig to sing. You will just be frustrated and the pig will be slightly annoyed.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#170430 by thebananaisripe Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 am
Hey people!!!

Just joined this site to let you know [email protected] is at it again!!

He is now going by the name "Richard Johnson" and sent me this message just this morning in regards to a motorcycle I have for sale on craigslist:

"Thanks for your mail.i will appreciate more pictures..I am ready to buy it now for my son as a surprise promise gift,And due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. i would be glad to pay for it as soon as possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due to my tight schedule.Kindly get back to me with the following questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID. You need not to worry yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the shipping company to handle that therefore in order to complete the
transaction do get back to me with your PayPal ID and total cost so that I can make the payment asap. I will be waiting for your reply!

Thanks.."

I won't be responding again to this a-hole; THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR POSTING THEIR EXPERIENCES ON HERE!!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.