Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#130838 by vinalbone Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:08 am
Just to let you know how talking to someone on advice can stop the grief. Read the following.

SCAMMER
Its good to read back from you. Whats the condition and i will like you to please get back to me with the bottom price with or without RWC and that will surely be my final price as well. I hope to read back from you asap. Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:31 PM
Subject: Car

Call me at 12 noon today thanks

Sent from my iPhone

ME

The car is as new condition with 5,150 klms on it. Show room condition. It has many extras retro-fitted. Bought it for $25,990 from showroom Paceway. They sell the same car now for $22,000 without extras. You should view the car at my sons home at 19 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Call me anytime on my mobile: 04xxxxx9707. You call me first to arrange view. I am away ON SITE at working away.
I want $19,500. Im not giving it away, I know you understand that. It is a bargain not a gift.

RWC???

Regards
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

SCAMMER Wrote
Thanks for the response, i will buy it for $20000 AUD including PayPal surcharges since i'm interested in an immediate purchase. Let me know if my offer is accepted because I just moved to the United Kingdom where this is needed & i will be making use of a shipping company to have it picked up from you and have it delivered to me. Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pick up once i have paid you. I'm not familiar with ebay and do not have an account with them that is why i chose and prefer but directly at the given price above so that you can get it removed from the site.
I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too since i won't be able to come over to see in person due to the nature of my job schedule is too busy. I'd be paying via PayPal so kindly get back to me with your paypal account(paypal email address) for payment to be made out to you asap if you agree to my offer. If you prefer paypal secure mode of payment and you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign up its very easy...
Hope to read back from you ASAP.

ME
Thank you for quick response and Yes, I agree to this offer and will forward Paypal account email number: I will release the car to your shipping company once all monies are cleared into my account. I will forward more pics on when I get them. Can you give me your name and address in UK please. Telephone number would be good also.

regards

SCAMMER Wrote
Alright, thanks and i'll be waiting for you to get back to me with the paypal details and the pictures so i can make arrangement for the payment out to you asap. Thanks and hope to read back from you soon. Cheers

Alright, please direct it to my son's

Nas Matt
Gardenal Ave #Suite 17c
London, Q83 04P

United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: John Matt <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: About to make the payment....

Can you send me your name and address for car document transfer. Thanks
Sent from my iPhone

On 25/10/2012, at 17:39, John Matt <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me with your details and I will be sending payments ASAP. Like i said before in my previous message where i made an offer to you including paypal surcharges, i have someone(a shipping company to be precise) who will handle the pick up from you, i will be needing the exact location/address/date&pick up time for the package, in order to make arrangements with my shipping company for the pick up. I will be adding their transportation charges to the total amount i will be paying you, i would need you to help me transfer their charges to my shippers via western union once you get my payment confirmation from paypal telling you that the payment has been made.. I would be so much happy if you could be of help...
Thanks

ME
Im not saying you are scamming but I don't use western union as there are so many scams where the seller receives a copy of a false paypal.

Then the money is sent to western union to pay the shipping and no one picks the car up. Who are the shipping company in Australia?
Never can be too careful these days.
Send me your address in uk.

Sent from my iPhone
Advertisement

#131070 by began steele Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:59 pm
110% SCAM! Why is he telling you in one breathe he doesn't know about Paypal and a few lines later giving instructions about it.
"and i will like you to please get back to me with" = Nigerian English.
Identical text often used in scams.
The scammer mentions Western Union and that always means a scam-- No exceptions to this rule.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.