Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#131266 by clreportscam Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 am
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:39 PM
Subject: TZ25DA Small New Holland Tractor - $9500 (Springfield, MO)

Just Few Questions, What Is The Final Selling Price ?

Why Are You Selling It ?

What Is The Present Condition ?

P.S Few More Photos Will Be Appreciated As Well..

Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
To: me
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: TZ25DA Small New Holland Tractor - $9500 (Springfield, MO)

Hi,I am very keen. How i wish i could come and view what am buying from you in person but am currently overseas at the moment and want it picked up and delivered to my address before i get back, though i will be back in couple of weeks. Due to my inability to make a bank deposit, I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me. Kindly send me a PayPal payment invoice or create an account at http://www.PayPal.com if you don't have one.I will also make a concrete pick up arrangement with a transport agent who will be coming over for the pick up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account. Have a nice day.

Get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Simon Dominic.

(515) 465-1427 ... Text Only

They seem to always use two email accounts, one for initial contact and another for responses.
Advertisement

#131275 by e384981 Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:51 am
I have the exact same email sent to me for a $7500 Horse trailer. Used different email address both times. Is there anyway I can report this address to paypal or craigslist? See below:

2003 EXISS SS/20 2 Horse Slant Trailer - $7500 (Rexford, NY)
Simon Dominic [[email protected]]

Just Few Questions, What Is The Final Selling Price ?

Why Are You Selling It ?

What Is The Present Condition ?

P.S Few More Photos Will Be Appreciated As Well..

Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Dominic [[email protected]]

Hi,I am very keen. How i wish i could come and view what am buying from you in person but am currently overseas at the moment and want it picked up and delivered to my address before i get back, though i will be back in couple of weeks. Due to my inability to make a bank deposit, I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me. Kindly send me a PayPal payment invoice or create an account at www.PayPal.com if you don't have one.I will also make a concrete pick up arrangement with a transport agent who will be coming over for the pick up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account. Have a nice day.

Get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Simon Dominic.

(515) 465-1427 ... Text Only
#131280 by clreportscam Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm
Craigslist provides a link to report scams in the email that comes from them. That may be why scammers use two different email addresses. You can also report it to paypal and the federal government.
In a google box type "report paypal scams to federal government" and you will find directions on reporting these scams.
I hope this helps.
#146512 by sudeshna09 Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 am
I had a quick question. I recently posted a listing on Craigslist to sell my laptop and a bunch of other electronic items. The first response I have received is from Simon Dominic <[email protected]>.

He asked me if my laptop is still available since he is interested. I responded immediately but did not hear back from him. After a little while got suspicious and googled his name only to find this post.

Possible for someone to confirm if this id is fraudulent and if I should continue my interaction with him? Thank you! I appreciate any response.

Best,
Sudeshna