Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#132703 by pjan Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 pm
Hi all,

I have just found out an another wannabe scammer. They are getting smarter and now use very accurate pictures, names and telephone numbers that at least have the area code matching the city where the car is located.

This guy though revealed himself in the first mail, the rest went as usual:

I appreciate your intention to buy my car. I will try to describe my car as accurately & detailed. Mechanically the car is in very good condition, tires are in good shape, brakes work well. The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean & not torn. The exterior is in excellent condition, has no technical damages, no scratches or dents & the TÜV verification is valid until September, 2013. It has a complete service book. I must tell you that I`m located in London, UK & the car is here with me. I lived & worked in Germany but unfortunately I divorced after 6 months from my wife. It was a painful divorce for me, but at least I got my kids with me. Now, I moved back in London, UK where I try to rebuild my life & I must sell the car under market value so I can complete the procedure for divorce & division. My last price is € 5.000. I realise that is a cheap price for such a car but my special situation makes me do things that I wouldn't do in normal circumstances. If you can`t come here to pick up the car i can ship it to your location & you will have 5 days inspection period untill you decide to buy it or not. Please let me know if we can do this & I will detail you how we can make the transaction through a transport company.

Best Regards from London !

The email address is : [email protected]

The guy's name is : Michael W. HART

Offer:

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/ma ... res=EXPORT

Fake name: Anke Fassbinder

41179 Mönchengladbach Germany

Fake telephone number: +49 (0)2161 70323255

Let's hope nobody gets into this guys trap, me I am going to try and piss him off a little bit as usual.

I will keep you updated :evil:
Advertisement

#132761 by Bubbles Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 am
Welcome to ScamWarners pjan . We advise against trying to irritate scammers from an email address which is connected to your real life. Sometimes, scammers do retaliate on people who have messed with them. If you want to mess with scammers, I recommend you visit our sister site and learn how to do that safely. Check out www.419eater.com Thanks you posting this and being a member here.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.