Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#110600 by youngwivestales Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:24 pm
So I have a lot of articles for sale on Kijiji and yesterday I received a weird e-mail asking me how much I asked for all my items. I thought it was suspicious so I checked his e-mail adress online and I found a post on this forum about him and his paypal scam.

Also he used 2 different e-mail adresses, [email protected] and [email protected]

So here is our conversation.

To : (I deleted my e-mail adress)
Envoyé le : mardi 26 juin 2012 15h00
Objet : Re: item for sale

okay, i mean i want to purchase all your item listed on Kijiji,so
how much is the total cost in all, so that i can be able to arrange
payment right away if i may need most of them?

To : Solex Jay <[email protected]>
Envoyé le : mardi 26 juin 2012 15h15

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM,(I deleted my e-mail adress) wrote:
Hi,
I have many items for sale so please let me know the one you are willing to buy and I will tell you the lowest price I am willing to accept for it.

To : (I deleted my e-mail adress)
Envoyé le : mardi 26 juin 2012 15h38

Thanks for the swift response...I am willing to know the lowest price of
it.due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come
for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours
everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with
it.As for the payment..i will be paying you via the fastest and secure
way to pay online(PayPal).I have a private courier agent that will come for
the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included.
You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also
include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal
account,you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.ca and sign
up. its very easy.I await your reply asap

And here is the post I found on this forum.It explain how this scammer works.

Re: Attempted scammer responding to my Gumtree Advert!
by weezuz on Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

Someone has also tried to scam me over Gumtree for an add i had up for 3 bikes with the email [email protected] I had already contacted Paypal over this and they confirmed it was a scammer and stated that in no way does Paypal associate with money transfer services and does not put a hold on funds. I emailed the guy back and told him paypal had been notified of his fraud attempts and that his so called shipping company did not exist and i will be forwarding all emails onto the police. I am yet to even get a reply from this low life lol

You have received a PayPal Payment of $600.00 AUD from Solex Jay ([email protected]).

We've placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (Asped Express Transportation).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your account.We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office,and send the excess sum $350.00 AUD to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this transaction. Ask a Question? Send an email to us at [email protected]

Please, find below the name and address of the Transport Agent where the Funds would be sent via Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office

Transport Company: " PICK UP "

Address: Mercy Linda
91 Woolwich New Road,
Woolwich,London,
London, SE18 6EF
United Kingdom

Address Status: Confirmed
Advertisement

#129460 by antipodean Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:47 am
Thanks for posting this attempted fraud. I too have some ads on Gumtree for jewellery and this person "Solex Jay" contacted me with a verbatim pitch. A variety of email and SMS addresses were used, some matching those reported, in particular "Solex Jay <[email protected]>" and "jcnavass" and "[email protected]". The IP addresses are private (10.112.31.194) and the email timestamps show USA Pacific Daylight Time. I suspect a proxy server is being used to post emails.
Anyway, my suspicions were aroused by the approach and spin, and confirmed by this site as a scam - thank you. :bowdown:
#129469 by Sadie Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:58 am
URGH...Furious......contacted me to buy my car...and after going back and forth I finally get this....I AM SO ANGRY....I almost feel like meeting them with the police.... How should I respond?
Thank god for this website!!
PS This Scammers name is [email protected]

Hello,

Thanks for your swift response as I'm quite satisfied with the condition as am Okay with the price of 2,300 EUR using PayPal and about the delivery have already contacted a shipper coming for the collection of it once payment has been confirmed by PayPal... I will not be able to view it due to my nature of work as am a full time worker. A shipping company will be coming for the pickup after payment has been made and will sign all necessary documents,including the Log Book when they come for the collection and they will do every necessary check up to know if it got all conditions as the same as you have described it.

PayPal is an online banking solution that has the ability to transfer fund in a fast and secure manner which you are to attach your Bank Account to it so funds can be credited to your Bank Account directly. It is fast because funds are transferred in real time, and secure because all of your banking and personal details are not exposed. When transacting using PayPal, all you have to provide is your PayPal details instead of your bank details. After your money has been sent, PayPal will verify the transaction and immediately credit it to your Bank account and you can already start playing. Paying with your bank-account is safe as your bank-details will not be shared with the receiver.If you do not have an account with PayPal, visit www.paypal.com and register with them. When you are done with the registration send me the email used for the registration with PayPal so i can pay in.

Edouard.
#133629 by Anders Hede Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am
Last night Solex Jay was active again. This time asking to buy an apartment, that we have for sale her in Denmark. It started with an SMS message, which I responded to by mail. From there the story does not change much....

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me, i am willing to buy this but i am at sea at the moment as i am a Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) employee in Spain but i will retire next month and I want to settle down over there with my aged mother, but due to the nature of my work, phone calls and internet usage are restricted. I only use a gadget to read and reply my emails. i am ready to buy it asap so tell me the actual price and send me more pictures of both the interior and exterior of the house so I can make my judgement on it after which I will contact my estate agent to come and view it.

Regard

solex

Thanks to all you who have warned against this guy

Best Wishes
Anders Hede

Moderator note: I combined this post with others on the same scammer name to prevent confusion. ~Bubbles
#155005 by missy81 Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 am
The guy is now going by Tucker Chris...at least thats what came up on my email acc. It started by them msging my phone then my email addy....

okay, i mean i want to purchase all your item listed on gumtree,so
how much is the total cost in all, so that i can be able to arrange
payment right away if i may need most of them?

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM, I wrote:

hi just needing to know what add are you referring to.
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 16:05:18 +0100
Subject: Re: gum add
To: [email protected]

Thanks for the swift response...I am willing to know the lowest price of
account,you can easily set up one...log on to http://www.paypal.com.au and sign
up. its very easy.I await your reply asap
#160443 by Bryon Williams Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm
Hello v8girl4eva and welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for updating the new email address ( [email protected] ) the scammer is using. You will surely help others out when they search that email address.

Could you please post the phone number he SMS'ed from. This would also help people not to become a victim.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#161153 by mashby Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:46 pm
Hi
I too have placed an ad on GumTree. I first received a response from a "Bryon Daniow at [email protected] via SMS from +61 428 465 117. After enquiring about the price of the vehicle and receiving my response he said:
"Thanks for getting back to me, so sorry that i couldn't call you due to the nature of my work,I work with AWE New Zealand Pty Ltd and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kapo project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 21days off and 10days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.

Where is it located at the moment? Does it have any history I should be aware of ? and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking.Please I am buying it for my son who just graduated ontop of his class in Australia national university (ANU).He studied Business Law and Professional Ethics Minor and am so proud of him .I want it as a surprise package to appreciate him towards his achievement and to be delivered before my arrival NT as my family lives in NT presently.I am already in talks with the courier that will handle the pick-up and delivery after have sorted with the payment ..

As regards the payment, I can pay you through direct bank deposit,using ppal instant bank wire transfer service as i have my N.A.B account attached to my ppal account, I will need your bank details.If you are not comfortable with that, you can set up a paypal account proper at www.paypal.com.au and I will make the payment through paypal, this way, all I will need is your paypal email address.

Regards,
Byon."

I then sent another response and his reply this time was:
"Thanks for the detailed explanation ,am satisfied with your firm asking price and I really appreciate your honesty as that is what i really need most as wont be able to come for inspection as am at work ,just want to buy the it as a surprise package for my son to show my appreciation in my absentia and i really believe he will really enjoy it.I would have love to ask for inspection but am making it a %100 surprise package for him and i dont want him to know about it until it delivered.
Please the fund is ready and available in my account so am ready to transfer the fund as soon as you get back to me with your payment details and pick up could take place after payment clears into your account as i dont have much time over the internet .Thanks."

I then explained the car was in the US and he needed to fill out customs, import papers and shipping, and now I have heard nothing from him.

Over the weekend I received an SMS from +61 431 155 540 enquiring about the car and asking that I send an email to [email protected]. I sent an email to him saying that another person had expressed interest and today I received an email response from "Chris Tucker" using "[email protected]" saying:
"Thanks for the swift response...I am willing to know the lowest price of
account,you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com.au and sign
up. its very easy.I await your reply asap".

So he is definitely using "solexnooy6@gmail" and "[email protected]", bBut he may also be using "[email protected]". given the extremely familiar sounding responses. I hope I am wrong about Bryon Daniow but i don't think so and I will let you know if I hear anything further from any of these people.

Since I have their phone numbers, I wonder if the police can do anything about this?
Michael
#185709 by Tolstoy Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 pm
BobbieK wrote:Thank you for this site. I have just had an attempt in response to an advertisement on Gumtree.

The identity now:
Laura Solex <[email protected]>

The number used to initiate the attempt was:
61+428465117

I too was originally contacted by that number and went through a further couple of emails before thinking to Google the name and find this helpful site and stop further communication. So thanks for the help.