Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#135153 by chachituna Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:47 am
This person is a scammer. Another scum sucking pig.

Hi,
I was told by my assistant that your item is still for sale,i would have love to come and see it,but my scheduled is very tight as am going out of state on a business trip. My assistant will mail out your payment once you provide your full name.phone number and address.I can only pay via personal check as am on a business trip now,pls let me know where to send your payment to because i wouldn't want to lose it to some else.I don't mind adding ($30) dollars so you can keep it in my favor,you should get your payment in 6-7 working days I will also make arrangement for pick-up which will be after you must have received and cashed the payment. Awaiting your info.
Please let me know as soon as you receive it so i can start making arrangement for the pick-up.
Thanks
Advertisement

#147167 by Eimilie Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am
This is timely reading, thanks so much. I just received this exact email communication after posting something to sell on Craigslist. Why do people waste their time scamming other people like this.

With me, they also used the email [email protected] initially (see below).

D I [email protected] via craigslist.org
You still have it up for sale?
#147523 by Eimilie Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 pm
Here is another scammer I have encountered this week on Craigslist who could be the same person as above as it is the same MO. Just wanted to post the name and email address -- B Anderson [email protected] -- to save someone else the hassle if they hear from the same person. The text of the email is below.

B Anderson [email protected]

B Anderson
3:44 PM (1 minute ago)

to me
Hello,
Thanks for your prompt response, However, i will need your name and
address for payment,As am only able to make payment by money order at
this time b/c i am away on assignment. It will be nice if you can send
me more pictures.
It will take about 4days payment to get to you.
As per pick-up, I will make arrangement for the pick-up after
payment has been received by you. I don't mind adding fifty dollars so
you can keep it in my favor.
Please take the posting off Craigslist today and consider it sold to
me, Include your phone number.
Expecting to hear from you soon.
Regards
B Anderson.