Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#167924 by hercules35 Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:39 am
And this one as on posts above, same story etc...
as mentioned I have also reported [email protected] -I have emailed him few times asking for his details etc and each time got the same respond:

Hello,

How was your weekend ? I am glad to inform you am OK with the price of the Bike, I just inform my account officer to send you a cheque for the Bike which will be clear in 3 days in your account,i will like you to send me your
1,Full names
2,Address
3,Mobile number
4,Last Price/Offer
for the cheque to be issue out and send to you this week.

somehow I think it is linked to this person-well it is probably same people.

Date: 5 June 2013 08:26
To:me

Thanks for the prompt response.I'm Okay with the condition of the Bike, as i
have already go through it on the ad but just trying to make little inquiry
from you ready to buy it now as a gift for my Daughter, I'm at sea at the
moment as I'm a Navy Officer,and due to the nature of my Job.....phone
calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time
to check this advert and send you a Text regarding it. I really want it to
be a surprise for my Daughter i won't let her know anything about it until
it gets delivered to her, i am sure she will be more than happy with it. I
insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as
i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i
have my bank a/c attached to it,Get back to me with your paypal email and
the price so i can proceed with the payment quickly, and sorry if you don't
have an Account, you sign-up for a paypal personal account
www.paypal.com it is very fast and easy to set up. And there is a
shipping company pick up
agent that will come for the pick up after the payment has been sorted out.

Thanks.
Advertisement

#167927 by TerranceBoyce Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:04 am
Tips

Mistrust buyers, and even sellers, who give you biographical detail.

Common examples are that he/she is on a ship working as a marine engineer, on an oil rig or in the army on active service. What they're saying is that they can't contact you by phone. Often they add that they are abroad or live in the farthest corner of the country so that you can't view the item.

They aren't being friendly, and they aren't being honest. They're manoeuvering you in to a situation where you'll drop neatly in to their scam. It would be too obvious if they came straight out with the truth so it has to be delivered in the form of a story so that you do what they want.

It's a simple ploy used by conjurers and illusionists to give their 'mark' a free choice of one option.

Beware of buyers who dictate what the method of payment will be, especially if they detail precisely how it should be done.

The 'spoofed' Paypal message set up is a perfect example. The scammer gives detailed instructions what to do because he knows that his perfect victim won't know how to go about using Paypal. If you're an experienced user it's not likely you'll fall for it anyway. He sends out so many messages each day he knows he's bound to get a few victims.

The idiot scammer offering the cheque is giving useful but incorrect information about the clearance of cheques, which merely emphasises the basis of his particular scam. The fact that he has to attempt to make himself appear important by stating that his employee will write out the cheque points to him being an 'old school' 419 scammer.

If you learn to spot the clues you'll avoid a lot of the scammers out there.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#167952 by hercules35 Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:14 pm
Hi,

There you go another spam that tried on me today:
[email protected]
I have found the same emails he used in Spain and Germany using different names

there you go his emial:
I saw your bike while surfing via the internet and am willing and
interested to buy your bike.Get back to me via my email if the (BIKE)
is still available for sale. Are you the 1st owner? State its condition?
Send its recent pictures if available.What is your last offer?You can also
ring me on my mobile +447011135580,+447031833025 look forward to read from you
about the advert, Soonest.Next

Regard
Bobby
#167956 by Bryon Williams Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:37 pm
Hello hercules35,

Thank you for updating. The 44 70 phone numbers are redirect phone numbers. Scammers are trying to pretend that they are in the UK. Actually, redirect phone numbers are sent to other phones (Mobile/Landline) that can be answered any where in the world.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#168346 by susibee Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:22 am
It’s the first time I’ve used Autotrader and so far I’ve had THREE scammers. Tell-tale signs are poor grammar but I guess its best to Google their email address before you do anything; including getting exited. Thank goodness for sites like this to warn folk.
The emails used were as follows; [email protected] and [email protected] I deleted the other one but now expect more to follow. Does this happen to everyone on Autotrader or just those in certain categories? Its so annoying but as someone said earlier they must have a certain degree of success or they wouldn’t continue doing it.
I hope this warning helps others.
#168405 by KatyB Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:17 am
Hi

I am not sure if this the right place for this. I have had a text asking about a car I have for sale from a mobile number pertaining to be from http://www.motors-autotrader.com. They offered nearly the full price and cash on collection without seeing the car. I googled the number and two foreign sites came up. (0044745300997) There is a website they guided me to asking me to enter the purchase number they sent but anyone can set up one of them.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this "trader" and whether they are for real?

Cheers

Katy
#168496 by LivinLife Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:53 pm
Gotta love the Internet. Good thing I know what seems too good to be true usually is. I placed a motorcycle for sale on Autotrader today, in southwestern Ontario Canada, and I was almost immediately accosted by 3 scammers. Here are their cell #s and emails.... 289.434.3954 [email protected] -- 908.777.1356 [email protected] -- 646.397.3085. The last one asked me to open a PayPal account. Hahaha...I don't think so. When these scammers want to buy your item unseen, you know for sure they are not interested in the item. They want something else. Go with your gut when dealing with these scumbags. Your gut won't lie.... Geez, I just wanna sell a bike....what a joke this world has become. No wonder I stay home most of the time.
#168497 by TerranceBoyce Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners KatyB

Your suspicions were correct. Four day old website, registered for a year with the registrant hidden behind a privacy service.

The site is already down. :lol:

Overview for motors-autotrader.com
Registrar Info
Name GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL http://registrar.godaddy.com
Status clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited
Important Dates
Expires On June 07, 2014
Registered On June 07, 2013
Updated On June 07, 2013
Name Servers
ns69.domaincontrol.com 216.69.185.45
ns70.domaincontrol.com 208.109.255.45
Site Status
IP Address 37.148.206.204
Status inactive
Traffic Info
Raw Registrar Data
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: MOTORS-AUTOTRADER.COM

Registrant:
Domains By Proxy, LLC

Domain servers in listed order:
NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS70.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

From web cache

In most cases we will offer near asking price if your cars what we are looking for. If your wondering how we make our profit - its in the finance deal with the new owner.

Car-crash grammar, punctuation and spelling.

I can't tell you what the idea was as it didn't survive long enough to leave much of a trace on the internet, but I don't think you missed anything that would have been of benefit to you.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#168635 by oldhamred Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:23 am
i was emailed today 12/06 2013 by this person same kind of email wanted the car without viewing for his daughters birthday ..i thought weird who would buy a car without viewing it .so i typed his name in search engine. and it brought me here first .scam warners. only to see he /she does it all the time to get your info and paypal details ..couldnt belive it . i sent him/her 2emails back with some words i will not repeat on here..anyway im glad i found this usefull site another weapon to use against these ba(***d scammers..
#169469 by foreignhaus Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 pm
6/21/13
Just got a text from 903-662-7057 several hours after I posted a car for sale on Autotrader.. asking for a photo of the engine or a video of the engine and that it be emailed to [email protected] .. the number was from out of state ( texas ) - Im not in Texas -- so I decided to do a little research before I started sending photos.. I came across this forum.. I immediately texted her/him back with a screen shot of these postings about the phone number and email address used.. saying Nice Try.. thanks for the help!!!!
#169470 by Bryon Williams Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:09 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners foreignhaus,

I am happy a search led you here and you avoided a scam attempt.

Thank you for updating the information on this scammer. It is much appreciated and will help others when they do an internet search for the phone number or email address.

We just ask that posters do not inform the scammers that they are posted here. When scammers find out that there email address and google voice number has been exposed they will get a new one. It only takes 5 minutes to set up. Then we have to wait on a victim to post again to locate him again and warn others.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#170954 by taylormike1957 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am
I've got a car on sale on Autotrader and received 3 mails from 3 people wanting to buy it, one of them an officer in the navy, one a missionary and one who is an oceanographer, the emails were from Larah Kudeti [email protected], the navy officer, Christian Brown [email protected], the missionary and Jennifer Mccale [email protected] the oceanographer. All were what seems to be the pretty standard Paypal purchase email, and all for a car up for sale at £995. It's ridiculous the amount of these emails that you get, I'm tempted to mail them back and ask them to pay the money to their 'agent' by Paypal and get said 'agent' to bring along the money in cash, (I have a cash tester pen), I wonder if they'd come back to me :roll: