Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#142922 by RaceShotsResource Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 pm
Just received another SCAM email from my eBay Motors ad for my Ambulance. I clearly responded telling him my price was $24,000.00 and he came back with the following:

Hello Mr David thanks for the response $2,000 is ok with me, I would have love to come for viewing but couldn't come due to the nature of my busy on job but i will arrange for pickup as soon as I make the
payment. I will be making the payment via PayPal,can I have your PayPal email address? And if you don't have one... You can easily sign up at www.paypal.com so that I can make the payment, I will love to
know where the item is located so that I can let my pickup agent be aware of the address

Hope to read from you soon

This is starting to get entertaining!
Advertisement

#143004 by began steele Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:33 pm
He is an African from the English he writes. Typical scammer. You will get the words you quoted about your "final price". You should never sell to someone "on line " using their links to fake sites and fake site email addresses. Look up ebays warnings so you can be clear. It would also involve fake delivery people, over payments to refund, and Western Union fees to send to fake carriers. You won't make a sale and will lose all the money you may have got. Also note --Who would buy a vehicle unseen and then ship it to where and from where? If it doesn't seem real then it isn't and gut feeling will tell you so. Don't bait scammers. Baiters do so with protected ID and ensure scammers know nothing about themselves. Just ensure you post email addresses and phone numbers here, and the rubbish emails they send.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.