Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#145338 by kmelrath68 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm
I really getting tired of these damn scammers.
Just received an email response to my Craigs List post.

I'm interested in this.
Let me know if it's still up for sale.

Sent from Charles Schnaufer
email [email protected]

I've had so many bogus responses I was already suspect of the body text and then I saw the email address.
My listing is in Philadelphia

I then checked the email header info and found originating IP address 212.82.108.238
I traced this to Dublin Ireland using IPDB.at

I sent him an email back asking if he was going to come from Dublin to pick up the item :lol:
Advertisement

#145340 by TerranceBoyce Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 pm
I'm interested in this

Scam :bondage:

Stock reply he's sending to hundreds/thousands of sellers and thus can't mention what it is you're selling. He isn't going to send messages specifically referring to your item.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#145379 by kmelrath68 Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 pm
ROFLMAO
Even after i responded to him and asked him:

Your gonna come all the way from Dublin or wherever it is your from to pick this up?

He replies:

Sounds Good,
I am ready to purchase it asap.I anticipate that I'll have a Certified Check issued out to you from my bank.I'm in no rush with you till fund's are cleared in your bank which takes only a day. You do not have to bother yourself about the shipping. I'll instruct a Shipping Co Agent to come for pick up at your door,when you must have gotten your cash at hand. Kindly e-mail me back with your physical address such as :

Name,
Address (NOT P.o.box)
City, State, Zip-code,
Phone Number.

I will be sending the payment via Overnight FedEx Express Mail Delivery .You can delete the advert asap

Thanks

This time from email address [email protected]
Unable to trace IP this time because it was from a Microsoft Hosting site in Redmond Washington

Not sure how I'm gonna reply yet LOL
#145384 by began steele Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 pm
kmelrath68 don't bait him. He has real info about you. Drop him. Go to 419eater and find out how to do it safely, with a secure email address. I could say that a stupid email from "anywhere" about thanks for your response, my item is still for sale, would probably result in a flurry of letters and amusement for you, before he even knows what it is. They send out hundreds of these daily, and he will think he has lost one. But don't ever correct the stupid mistakes they make.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.