Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#147612 by jessiebabie Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 pm
I have an ad on Kijii, and i've received a text message from a 16463971709 asking what my final price is.. I told him to make me an offer..I said I didnt want to go anything under 350$..he or she said '' Thank you I am okay with the final price i will like you to help me with this... I am not in the state now but in canada but as soon as I get to the state ...., i will like you to help me ship it out to my DAUGHTER in west africa...i wil add you 100$ for the shipping cost, i think that will be okay but now what type of payment ......do you want i will like to read back from you now'' I said, where are you exactly and could you send it through a money transfer?? he said he could pay with western union so I said ok, than he says '' okay send me your full name, and your address and cell phone and your city ( why does he need my cell phone #... HE TEXTED ME so he obviously knows my cell phone number??? ) than i asked if he was doing it online, than he says '' okay and i want to ship it to my BROTHER?!?! in west africa and am going to pay you 70 for the shipping'' alright so obviously he lied to me, first it was his DAUGHTER and now hes saying his BROTHER and the $100 dollars went to $70.. hmm...i called him out on it and he said it was a simple mistake. i said i thought this was a scam, and he said '' no no no......dont think in the way you will after that i said he didnt need my address and cell phone number to do it online, and he still hasn't replied.... HELP!!!
Advertisement

#147614 by jolly_roger Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 pm
Yes indeed it sounds shifty. You would be doing yourself a HUGE favour by simply walking away and forget about the individual. You would perhaps better to sell mentioned item locally. Maybe place an advertisment in your local newspaper classifieds?
#147615 by jessiebabie Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 pm
jolly_roger wrote:Yes indeed it sounds shifty. You would be doing yourself a HUGE favour by simply walking away and forget about the individual. You would perhaps better to sell mentioned item locally. Maybe place an advertisment in your local newspaper classifieds?

Maybe i'll try that, thanks! :)
#147623 by vonpaso xlura Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm
This is quite certainly a scam. The wording matches lots of other scams, and as the first method of payment he thought of is Western Union, he's obviously a scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10