Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#22875 by curlyearl Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 pm
A friend sent this. I'll try to get headers later. Thought I'd better throw it up now so it can be known. I haven't seen this name before.

Hello and sorry for my delay,
The 2005 Honda Accord LX 4 Cylinder Engine, Automatic Transmission. What a nice Honda! This Accord has Low Miles, Only 31,314 Original Miles. Is in perfect working condition.This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. It was never involved in any accident, not even minor ones. The body and paint are great. The interior is super clean, mechanically, it runs like a cat on carpet.
VIN Number: 1HGCM56455A104401
Year: 2005 Fuel Type: Gasoline
Standard Equipment:
CD Player Driver Airbag Passenger Airbag Air Conditioning
Cruise Control Power Locks Power Windows
Here are the pics of the car :
http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/uu17 ... 2005_2009/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)

So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. I signed up for US military forces and I was sent here with my department to improve the military relations between our country and UK. I am located in London,United Kingdom.1 months ago, my wife moved here, with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States, because we can't drive it here because we can't register it here; it has US specs and everything, and registering it here in Europe will take for ever. My final price on it is US 2,800 $. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping .It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place.From the moment the payment is secured by eBay the shipping process will begin and it will arrive at your address in about 3 max. 4 working days. Please get back to me ASAP if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Thank you and have a great day,
George Turner

Fixed Quotes - Michelle
Advertisement

#22876 by Arnold Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:16 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, and thanks for posting that.
A quick check on the wording shows very many similar examples.
See here.
Ebay has no such payment system, and you would get an email purporting to come from them. asking for payment.
We look forward to the scammer's email address and headers when you get them.

#52989 by sma971 Mon May 09, 2011 8:01 pm
Full ViewEdit Draft Fw: Your invoice for eBay purchase # 8239317423, item - 2007 Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 TDI
To:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 9 May, 2011 21:02:33
Subject: Your invoice for eBay purchase # 8239317423, item - 2007 Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 TDI

eBay Motors sent this message to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.
eBay Motors VPP Invoice # 8239317423

Invoice for VPP Transaction Case ID 8239317423 between Callum Goering ([email protected]), as the Seller, and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ([email protected]), as the Buyer. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.

Seller:

Name: Callum Goering
Address: 4 Rua Joao Machado
Coimbra
3000-226
Portugal

Buyer:

Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxx Road
xxxxxx London
xxxxxxxxx
United Kingdom

Transaction Details:

Case ID: 8239317423
Date: May-09-11

Item: 2007 Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 TDI
VRM: KU07 HFV
/ Price: GBP 4,290.00
Quantity: 1
Insurance: Yes
Shipping: Included

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping to*: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx Road
xxxxxxx, London
xxxxxxxx
United Kingdom
*Please check the details for an accurate delivery in order to avoid delays.

Payment must be submitted via Bank Wire Transfer to an eBay Motors Agent in charge of this transaction. Here are the bank account details needed to make the payment:

eBay Motors Bank Account*:

Bank Name: Barclays
Bank Address: Estrada de Benfica 422A, 1500-102, Lisboa, Portugal
Bank SWIFT Code (BIC): BARCPTPL
Account Holder: Constantin Alexandru Pavel
Account Number: 2612 0788 0044
IBAN: PT50 0032 0261 0020 7880 0443 9

*The payment will be submitted to an eBay Motors Agent in charge of this transaction. The eBay Motors Agent will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle.

How to make the payment

Contact your bank and send a money transfer using the bank account details found below.*
E-mail** eBay Motors Financial Department at:
[email protected]
the payment details, including:
Case ID and Invoice #;
Transfer number;
Name of bank sending payment;
Date of transfer;
Total amount sent.
Fax** the bank payment receipt*** to eBay Motors Financial Department at:
+44 (0)871 918 3349.

*Some banks may not be able to send a bank transfer payment to the specified bank account in your country or territory. You may need to contact several banks before finding one that can send a bank transfer payment. The exact procedure for initiating bank transfers may differ depending on your location - even within the same country or territory. Contact a member of your bank to see how your bank processes transfers.

**We strongly recommend that you confirm the payment by both e-mail and fax.

***If the transfer has been sent online, please forward the transfer confirmation e-mail at the above address.

Payment:

Invoice # : 8239317423
Due Date: May-10-11

Subtotal: GBP 4,290.00
Shipping: 0.00
Sales Tax: 0.00

Deposit: 0.00

Total: GBP 4,290.00

When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than 5 business days. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship vehicle. The Seller has 5 business days to send the Buyer and eBay Motors Customer Support the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.
The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 5 business days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the Buyer should accept the vehicle. If he refuses the vehicle, the Seller will be responsible of shipping back the vehicle.
After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Motors Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the vehicle, the refund will be sent to the Buyer. If the vehicle is accepted, eBay Motors Financial Department submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.

Help

For any questions please click here to contact eBay Motors Customer Support.

Thank you,
eBay Motors Financial Department
Vehicle Purchase Protection Program

This administrative email was [email protected] by eBay Motors.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.

Copyright © 2011 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
#52994 by Dotti Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm
Looks like a nice little fake site there.
Since they are impersonating ebay, I would recommend forwarding that email to [email protected], as eBay's security department will want to take the domain down.

Just in case they don't, we will have our site killers take a look at it too.

Domain Name: VPP-MOTORING.COM

Registrant:
no organization
Paul hart ([email protected])
2280Howland Drive
Forest Hill
Maryland,21050
US
Tel. +141.08794855

Creation Date: 10-Feb-2011
Expiration Date: 10-Feb-2012

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#53047 by Michael Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 am
Hi sma971,

Could you please provide me the headers of an email coming from [email protected]? This is how to find headers in yahoo:

* Go to your inbox
* Right-click on the email of which you want the headers (don't open it)
* Select 'View Full Header'

A new window with the headers will open. Please copy the complete thing and post it here or send it to me. Your email adress may be visible multiple times in the headers, so please check before posting :)

Those headers contain the evidence I need to get the domain closed down. Thanks!

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored