Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#305154 by StupidScammers76 Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:49 am
TuvanDrone wrote:Well well, glad scamwarners exists. The first time I would not have guessed, but then getting the second email with similar request raised suspicions and a quick google later, here I am.

#1:

Do you have the extra keys, Do you have the spare tire, Where did you get your car serviced, Have you ever had any transmission repairs and Is there any rust on the vehicle? I'm ready to pay your asking price but not cash in person because I am serving in the US army and currently been deploy to NATO Air Base Geilenkirchen, Germany and calls are restricted at the moment and my only quickest payment option is PayPal, its safe fast and secure and i will be responsible for the PayPal transaction charges so you can get your expected amount. If you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy to open one, Just log onto http://www.paypal.com and sign up. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? As I am buying the vehicle for my dad and I'm very sure he will love this vehicle, his a mechanic and a handy man, so if there is anything that need to be fixed in it just let me know he will handle it. I have a mover that will come for the pick up once payment clears in your account and he will handle the title for me. I look forward to hear from you with the information below.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Firm Price:
Zip code for pickup:

Cheers,

Kenneth.

I got the same exact email this morning, only, from "Matt Carlos" ([email protected]) saying he was stationed in Germany. It seemed fishy with bad grammar - so glad I googled it and found this page! I forwarded the email to the fraud alert area of auto trader and i blocked his email address.
Advertisement

#317981 by DSOM06 Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 am
Selling a vehicle on autotrader....Got this text from the number 201-338-7617

"Hello,Am Will,do you still have your posted vehicle on Auto trader for sale? if yes, please email me the engine and interior pictures to my email address at [email protected] and we can proceed from there.Thank you"

The bad English raised suspicion, so I googled the number and this site came up. Effin scammer....
#318650 by Jestersz Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:39 pm
Received the exact same message from [email protected]
Hello,Am Will,do you still have your posted vehicle on Auto trader for sale? if yes, please email me the engine and interior pictures to my email address at [email protected] and we can proceed from there.Thank you
Number was 201-338-7617
#319432 by natelw Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:24 pm
Yup, he's still at it: Just posted my Auto Trader ad and got the following from number (201) 338-7617

"Hello,Am Will, do you still have your posted vehicle on Auto trader for sale? if yes, please email me the engine and interior pictures to my email address at [email protected] adn we can proceed from there. Thank you."

I responded, "those pics are in the ad"

His response: Yes but i woul like to see the dashboard pics on my email. Thanks"

My response: "Let me guess you are an oceanographer and want to pay me full price via Pay Pal?"

So far no response, lol!