Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#159899 by andrewsta02 Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:03 am
He offered to buy my car that I have posted on craigslist, he was very insistent that we give him our paypal account. After I logged into paypal and sent him a invoice, I did a google search on his name because he was giving me red flags and I just wanted to double check. After doing the google search I found that his email, phone came up in may sites stating he is a scam artist. I closed my paypal account and changed all my passwords. He continues to email me stating he made payment. I received a payment received message in my email, which I know is not real cause I no longer have an account.

My question is my invoice had my home address on it. Should I be concerned? Increase security measures?
Advertisement

#159946 by Dotti Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:48 pm
He's after quick cash, nothing more.

He may send you fake threatening emails, supposedly from the FBI (for some reasons scammers seem to be obsessed with the FBI) or some other law enforcement agency.

In reality, if he had really paid money (which he hasn't) he would just go to paypal to reverse the transaction. The FBI does not get in the middle of paypal transactions, period.

Aside from a few threats, and possibly some additional scam attempts, either by email or postal mail, you shouldn't expect anything else. Just ignore him and move on.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.