Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#163074 by Dotti Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:48 am
Classified ads scammer, uses fake escrow sites to convince victims to send money for items "she" does not own. I have copied text from one of "her" ads at the bottom of this post to make it google searchable.

First scripted response:
Hi,

First of all i have to let you know that i am not a boat connoisseur but i will try to describe this to the best of my knowledge.According to an authorized dealer, the boat is in outstanding condition. There are no structural or electrical problems with it. Both hull and interior in nice condition .No mechanical issues with this engine. It starts easily and restart easily all day.Trailer is in very nice condition and the tires are almost new with plenty of tread left. It has a clear and clean title, free of all liens and encumbrances.
This was my father's boat who recently passed away so i know it has always been properly maintained and never abused. I hope it's new owner will take care of it as my beloved father did. I moved out of town when i got married so i used to come back home occasionally. The very big distance, my kids and my job as a doctor doesn't allow me to come there often. This is no problem for me as far as the transaction is concerned because I was selling this through OJS anyway. I believe you know what OJS is if you buy and sell online often, if you don't I'll be glad to walk you through the process. Let me know if you are still interested so i can get back to you with additional pictures or details.

You can see the first scripted response used a year ago here: http://www.performanceboats.com/pb-open-water/100541-funny-craigslist-reply.html

2nd scripted response, leading to the escrow scam. You can see this script has been around a long time, under different company names, as well: http://netscammers.blogspot.com/2011/07/ez-transactionscom-scam.html

I'm pleased you are still interested.
Like I said before I will be happy to walk you through the process. OJS is short for Online Jumble Sale and their website is onlinejumblesale.com

, maybe now this sounds familiar to you.
I left the boat in their possession last week and I just listed it recently on Kijiji. The fact that I'm not home will not affect the selling procedure through this service. They will take care of shipping, payment and title transfer(it is already signed by me and notarized so they are empowered to do this ). So the process goes like this: if you agree with the boat description and price, you must register on their website and they will send you an invoice with the payment instructions and the transaction details. You send the payment to them and as soon as the payment is confirmed they will start the shipping process, which usually takes between 3 and 5 working days. As soon as you will receive the boat, a 7 Day money Back Guarantee starts (which is a standard guarantee for all items listed on Kijiji) and you can inspect it and see if it's everything you expected. This guarantee allows you to return the boat if by any chance something is wrong with it, my description was not accurate or I failed to specify something about it's condition. Basically you can return the boat with no questions asked and if that's the case the returning process will be free of charge for you, I will be held responsible for all costs. If you accept the boat, then you'll sign that you accept it and they will transfer the payment to me.
I forgot to mention that the complete process is free of charge for you, the listed price on Kijiji already includes all the shipping and handling fees, so there is no reason to be scared for any extra fees, there are none. The process is very simple and secure, it may sound a little complicated because I had to explain the whole deal in details, it really isn't complicated at all. I hope you are still interested and if you would like to start the process you need to register at onlinejumblesale.com

. If that's the case please make sure you understand the process and read the terms and conditions listed on their website before you register.

Thank you,
Sandra

Best Regards, Sandra

2007 Custom Stratos 285XL Not Ranger, Triton, Bass Cat, Nitro - Price: 12500
Ad Info
Ad #: 29742516
City: Ogallala
Zip: 69153
Created: April 4, 2013
Expires: October 4, 2013
Viewed: 185 times
Description
Contact Seller

Motor has about 100 hrs on it, it had its first service a few months ago at C&C marine. Warranty on the motor is good until 12/21/14
Carpet was installed last year along with new interior. This is top of the line vinyl used in heavy duty applications, it will last a long time!
What comes on the boat.
HDS 7 insight gen 2 in the dash.
HDS 5 insight gen 1 up front
LSS1 Structure scan
Sonic hub with four speakers
Lowrance units all linked together with sonic hub ect. Structure scan link to front and rear.
Minn Kota Fortrex 80 24 volt
Merc 150 with tempest prop, est. 100 hrs. I think there is two years left on the motor. I will make sure and update soon.
Minn Kota two bank charger.
Aluminum battery trays
Comes factory with cable steering but I replaced it with Seastar hydro steering.
Custom made front console. This will fit up to a HDS10, right now I have a HDS5 in it.
Custom paint job with House Of Kolor Kandies with a rainbow flake. Imron clear coat was used. Yes this is NOT WRAP.
LED light surround the deck, these are hooked up to a dimmer.
Bedliner was sprayed in the splashwell area in the rear of the boat along with the interior. This has been very easy to clean and leaves no standing water.
Keelguard
6in Jackplate
Custom Trailer with custom wheels.
Boat will do 60 mph.
Price:12500

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
Advertisement

#163081 by Mike Wilson Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:25 pm
The website www.onlinejumblesale.com is a fake escrow site and a scam.
This company does not exist.

While claiming to have been in business for several years the domain was registered on 12 - April - 2013.

The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon