Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#24029 by Michelle Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:34 am
Date: 10 Mar 2010 10:07:46 -0000
To: Michelle
Subject: Viewing Arrangement

Hello Dear,

All the bills are included in the rent but I need to know some few questions about you.

1. How many of you are coming to live in my flat?
2. Can you take care of my flat as it is?
3. Can you bring your identity passport when coming for viewing?
4. How many months do you intend to rent and pay for?
5. Do you have references in United Kingdom?
6.Can you send me your contact mobile number?

I am happy to read back from you of your interest in my flat and also hope you are not part of those time wasters.The rent has been confirmed per month and refundable deposit as well to you..Please dear i want you to understand that i have had a lot of disappointment in having inviting people in the past and it is sad to confirm on the spot of viewing that 60% of viewer still depend on money that are not visible.Therefore i will appreciate it,if you really like my flat to ahead with the transfer of at least a month rent and security deposit which is required to be transferred in your friend's name as the receiver through a money transfer agent that can be verified on the website of the money transfer website,such as western union money transfer,cos the transfer cost will be refunded back to you on the spot of viewing.I am taking my time to study this method of confirmation as the transfer can also be confirmed via telephone or internet to check if the transfer is there for your partner to pick up or not.It is a very simple test that you need to do in order to be sure of your finances.Also be cautious of who you drop or show your bank statement to,because it is very risky in doing so and that is why my lawyer has opted out this simple method that does not require any of your details in any form.The process of making the transfer is stated below so you can be sure that it does not require any of your bank details and also this is another means you are learning to make a money transfer all over the world.

1. Locate the nearest western union money transfer shop around you.

2.Pick up the form of transfer and fill in the details which needs to be filled and return back to the post master.Details needed on the form are {sender name;your name and address.}{receiver name and address}which will be your friend or partner.

3.Return back to the post master with your cash and your Identity card.Post man will then give you receipt of transfer

4.Scan the receipt to me and give me a call so i can check it if its
truly genuine and available in your friend's custody.
5.After it has been confirmed on the website,then we can proceed for
the viewing and you can as well tell your friend or partner to pick
up the money.07035904602.

Regards
Nerea

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement