Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#24126 by Michelle Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:46 pm

FLAT FOR RENT?
Sent: Fri 3/12/10 12:05 PM
To: Michelle
Hi ,
Its very Nice to Read from you,My name is Jenifer wife of Rev owner of the 1 Bedroom flat for rent out,so we are looking for a resposible person that can take Very Good care of the flat..My husband in respect who owned the flat and I also want you to know that it was due to my husband Missionary Transfer that made us to leave the flat,so we want you to take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own.So for now I am now at Birmingham,and more also i am with the keys and docuents of the flat,We try to look for an agent or friends that we can give this Keys and document before we left but could not see and we are as well as dont want our flat to be used any how in our Absent that is why i brought the keys along with me here.As you know that,my husband over in Western Region of Africa for his Job is also wanting a good tennat,so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the flat.

So pls get back to me on how you could take care of our flat or perhaps experience you have in renting flats, My husband how ever told me that you spoke like a lovely person to him in the frist e-mail you wrote to him,Hope you are okay with the price per Month with utilities like :- Stove - Electric ,Refrigerator, Microwave ,Ice Maker ,Full Kitchen ,Coffee maker ,TV/VCR ,Stereo ,Phone ,Linens provided ,High Speed Internet ,CD Player ,Cable/Satellite TV,Double/twin zip & link beds and a child's cot can be provided ,Fitted wardrobe, Kitchen Electric hob/oven,Kitchen utensils ,Microwave ,Washer & dryer ,Refrigerator & freezer ,Toaster ,Electric kettle ,Iron and ironing board ,TV & DVD ,Telephone and Fast internet access ,Pedestal Fan ,Free parking.

And the below is the final question that you must answer to qualify for this the rent of my flat.and and if you wish to move in with your own property there will be no problem you can easily pack my in the empty storage there and move your own in.Am so sorry that i cannot call you because some problems with my mobile phone,pls bear with me, My husband would be the one to call you once you have filed out the application form..and also you could call him.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
Also,Pls let me get this answer.
1)Your Full Name ?
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number ?
3)Age ?
4)Marital Status ?
5)How many people will be living in the flat?
6)Do you have a pet ?
7)Do you have a car ?
8 )Occupation ?
9)How long did you want to stay ?
10)When did you intend to move in?
11)occupant picture?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand , so please do not let us down in this our property and you can reach my
husband at +2348137674720
God bless you more as you do this .
Regards.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement