Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#168330 by tiggy2 Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 am
4 weeks ago I ordered a very cheap tablet from this China based company - still not arrived. I have tried contacting them via their website and direct by e-mail and get nothing back. I just wondered if anyone else had had issues, or whether they are just bad communicators with long delivery times. I only paid peanuts so I'm not over-bothered about the amount - more the principle of the thing. I'm rasing a dispute with PayPal.
Thanks
Advertisement

#168337 by jolly_roger Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:52 am
I'd like to start on a positive note and am hoping it's just a slow turn-around? If you have a look at said website the time of processing an order through to transportation varies from article to article. Most of the standard shipping times seems to be 6 to 8 business days. Perhaps the item has been sent with Super saver Shipping which seems to span a time frame of between 10 to 20 business days?
#168372 by tiggy2 Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:29 pm
I'm hoping you are right - but I have a funny feeling.....................

Anyone else bought from them?

Cheers
#168401 by Haventhrow Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm
I also ordered a tablet from them. I could not contact them. All the contact avenues were false. Paypal got my money back, but you have to start a complaint before 45 days from order. I bet this guy hopes people don't complain fast enough and he gets to keep the money. I knew the prices were to good to be true, but i fell for it anyway..8)

I would recommend you contact pay pal. I am sure we are not the only ones.
#168403 by Dotti Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 pm
The domain registration isn't exactly a good sign.

Domain ID:D167939729-LROR
Domain Name:SZPURCHASE.ORG
Created On:20-Feb-2013 14:48:11 UTC
Last Updated On:22-Apr-2013 03:45:50 UTC
Expiration Date:20-Feb-2014 14:48:11 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Shanghai Yovole Networks Inc. (R1822-LROR

So it was registered 4 months ago, and for the minimum period of a year.
The "about us" refers to SZPURCHASE.COM, not .org The .com site doesn't have a much better history.
Domain Name: SZPURCHASE.COM
Registrar: SHANGHAI YOVOLE NETWORKS INC.
Whois Server: whois.yovole.com
Referral URL: http://www.yovole.com
Name Server: NS3.YOVOLE.COM
Name Server: NS4.YOVOLE.COM
Updated Date: 26-dec-2012
Creation Date: 20-nov-2012
Expiration Date: 20-nov-2013

-Yet the copyright on the site claims 2008. How could the copyright be 2008 when the site didn't exist back then? This is a big red flag.
-The site carries the verisign logo. This is interesting, because symantec bought out that business, and the current logo should read "Norton Secured." This site was built after the logo changed--there is no reason they would have the old logo. Plus, when you click on the logo, it should contain a link. It doesn't. This is another BIG red flag.
-Ditto for the McAfee secure logo. It is fake.

I don't have time to go through anything else, but the signs so far are not exactly good.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#168406 by tiggy2 Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:41 am
Thanks for all the background info - it's looking more and more dodgy! I have raised a dispute through PayPal within the 45 days but need to wait a week for a (non) response through their messaging system. I'm reasonably confident that they will get my money back. If by some miracle the tablet does turn up then I'll post a message. Their website looks very professional with lots of product videos so I thought it COULD be genuine which is why I plumped for a trial - only cost me £30 so not a major investment loss. This site needs to get more bad publicity - anyone know how to raise the profile nationally??
Cheers all - have a good day!
#168421 by jolly_roger Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 am
I had hoped to give some good news for a change....however with the other members now voicing concerns, that is unlikely. Doing a search finds this: Website: szpurchase.org, Title: China Wholesale Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Cheap Discount Electronics Supplier, Domain Age: 106 Days.
This website has at some point been listed on various threat websites. This website is 106 days old and the sites expected life (365 days) is relatively short. If any purchases have not been received and no contact with the company possible, contact your bank and explain the situation. I notice the sites owner going by the name of YI FANGZHENG has had some previously bad reports on alibaba.
#168828 by tiggy2 Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:50 am
Quick update - raised it to a claim with Paypal and the seller has until 21 June to respond (which I am not expecting). Fingers crossed.

Their website is still up and running with new items added recently - it looks so professional and well run - they must be raking in a lot of scam cash to be able to put such a classy front on the web (lots of development time).

Cheers
#169518 by jayfla Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 am
This is a scam, just got back my money from PayPal, but I got it because I acted quickly, it seems that this jerks are hoping that people wont act quickly so they can keep your money, still I don't understand how Pay Pal allows these people to make transactions thru them... even after several complaints...??? so DO NOT do business with this so called "company" ... the new site even claims to have a new Customer Service Phone number! it is 555-555-0123 WOW! that looks like a fake US phone number because area code 555 is not a valid code in the usa.
#169520 by Bryon Williams Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:26 am
Welcome to Scamwarners jayfla,

Please post the new Website and emails along email address and headers they sent to you. We will need this information for our site killers to look at.

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#169568 by Mike Wilson Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:41 pm
The main web site is located here: www.szpurchase.org

Some more red flgs.
No verifiable company information is listed on the public portion of the website. Legitimate companies do not try to hide their business location.

The VeriSign seal is a fake.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#170026 by lmnater1 Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:24 pm
jayfla wrote:This is a scam, just got back my money from PayPal, but I got it because I acted quickly, it seems that this jerks are hoping that people wont act quickly so they can keep your money, still I don't understand how Pay Pal allows these people to make transactions thru them... even after several complaints...??? so DO NOT do business with this so called "company" ... the new site even claims to have a new Customer Service Phone number! it is 555-555-0123 WOW! that looks like a fake US phone number because area code 555 is not a valid code in the usa.

I understand how you feel, I wonder why Paypal is allowing it customers, to be taken by this company. I also purchase a tablet. I monitor the processing status of my tablet, it yet to be shipped after the company state that it take 2-5 business days to process. I order this last month, I file with a complaint with paypal, tomorrow if no response I should be getting back my money. As soon as I get my money, I will be giving paypal an earful, for continuing letting it customers be taken. And that phone# they gave is one that use in Movies, TV, Soap Opera.
:o