Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#168706 by SamWv Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:14 am
Beware of anything to do with this name or number JADA PETTIS 909-747-9125
tHEY DIDNT COST ME ANYTHING JUST A LITTLE OF MY SPARE TIME BUT WELL WORTH IT :) HAD A LITTLE FUN WITH THEM, i TRIED FOR A LITTLE MORE INFO TO HELP BUT PLEASE DO BEWARE.

My experience with The scammer Jada Pettis/ or test number 909-747-9125
Ill start with all the contact information so you as honest consumers know to look for it. Because what I’ve seen they are not smart enough to change their information just their script of the scam.

First contacted by a party claiming to be an interested buyer of a truck I listed on Craigslist.Ill refer to them as the BUYER

Buyers informations ( all I have)
Name- Unknown (He/she first avoided my request then got testy when I pushed for it)
Location/address- Only said Florida
Phone # 909-747-9125

Now meet the Moving Agent
Name Jada Pettis
Youngstown Fl. 32466
Ph. Unknown

Here’s the Story in a nutshell J

On May 27th 2013 I recived a text saying,
Buyer; Do you still have 1997 ford f-150 $2700 for sale??

My response; Yes I do and Im taking best offer the 2700 isn’t firm

Buyer; Good Ill love to send you a certified check for my payment and please I don’t mind Adding $50 for you to hold the Item for meand ill make sure I take care of the shipping and goods wont be moved until have you money in hand. Sound good…..?

I responded; Where are you located?

Buyer: Flordia

I responded; When would you be able to send the payment?

Buyer; It will deliver to you this week Via USPS let me have the information to have the checkto; Name Address NOT P.O. Box city State zip code email.

I responded with My Information.

Buyer; What is you full name?

Me; I sent that, Then asked for His name and contact Information?

Buyer; Thanks for your willingness to sell the item to me. As I promised your payment will be mailed first thing in the morning. I will need you to hold the package on my behalf for about a week till the payment arrives. I also like to inform you that I include the moving fund along with your check just get back to me when you get the check. And I will want you remove the item from the advert on Craigslist so that I can be assure that the item will beAlright.
Then asked for my conact information again.

Me; Okay Ill await the payment,

May 28th,13
Buyer; Okay. Thanks for your cooperation, Ill get back to you with the tracking number as soon as the payment is mailed out. Thank You.

Me; Thank You.

May 30th 2013
Me; I am still waiting on the package you sent thought id keep you updated.

Buyer; Yes I will keep you updated with the tracking number

Buyer; Hello I am very sorry for the late payment..I don’t know what is going on with the UPS courier service they keep promising that they will deliver the check and as today they have not giving me the tracking number due to this I have make a fast arrangement with another courier service and they promise that you will get it for sure on this week… Plz bear with me and am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you… I really Like your item.

June 2nd.
Buyer; Hello how are you doing I just want to inform you that my check will deliver to you this week through FedEx Ground and here is the tracking number 045395815000905

June 4th
Buyer; Once you receive the check kindly go and deposit the check in your account and make deduct the money for the item from the payment and extra $50 for for your running around and get the rest of the money that I included on the payment which is meant for the mover that will come for for the pick up for the Item.

Buyer; Kindly get the included fund send to the mover Address via Money Gram so that they can be able to come for the pickup today you will have to send the moneyto the information below which is for the agent in charge of the pickup via Money Gram.
Name Jada Pettis
466 everly st
Youngstown Florida
So after you send the money is the all this information you will get back to me.

Me; So you included the pickup agents fee in the check you sent?

Buyer; Yes. Once you receive the check and you will send the rest payment to the mover via Money Gram so immediately he receive the check he will come to your location for pickup.

Me; Okay ill do that as soon as your check clears my bank, Thanks for being so informative, J
(I already done me research on the movers name and this guys number and know whats going on it wasn’t hard. Now It’s my turn. J)

Buyer; So my check will deliver 6/05/13 so immediately you receive the check just go ahead with the instruction giving to you for pickup.

Me; Will do as soon as it clears J

Buyer; Okay

The total amont on the check is $3700 so you will deduct your payment and $50 for your running around and you will send the rest payment to the mover for pickup and don’t forget that you will deduct the Money Gram transfer charges from the mover payment which will cost you $140 for 10 minute transfer delivery so I will be looking to read from you…..

Me; Okay ty

Me; Hello its just occurred to me I’ve not asked your name Ill need a bill of sale I think. Im new at this I tried calling you but had to leave a message, I recived your check but I have a few questions and im kinda lost I hate to write them all out you can call me if youd like it would go a lot quicker that way with my questions I have. I didn’t get the check till after all the banks here were closed I live in a small town and everything closes early If could get a better idea of whats next I can get this done early.
My Thoughts
I wrote that to the Buyer for this reason, At this point I had already called the bank the check was drawn on asked all my concerns to their main office they weren’t sure the check was stolen and couldn’t give me info on the account nuber and was told I could take it to the nearest branch they could instruct me better, The nearest bank was over 100 miles from me. So my next call was to the Church YES a church this scums were using to scam people, The Cathlic Commuty Foundation, in Baltimore was who the check was written on called, I told him my story He had me copy the check names ect and email it he would check into it, It was a fraud as I thought and he would contact the Baltimore police and FBI but didn’t hold hope to catch this guy that they usually get around 12 a year.
This angered me so I wanted to see what info I could get from this idiotic scammer, If nothing then at least mess with him a little J
Ok back to what was said between me and Mr 909-747-9125

June 5th 2013
Buyer; Why do you keep silent after my check has delivered to you and again what is going on with the mover payment??
( He sent me the tracking number along with the time and exact time it was delivered Ill spare ya those boring details J )

Me; I sent you a text I found it late after the banks were already closed and I needed more information from you before I headed to the bank, That I was dealing with my mothers passing within the times ive been trying to make this deal so I was a little pressed for thoughts and time here lately ( my mother did passed as I stated) I Looked over our conversation you never gave me your name and contact information I requested I don’t know if you missed my question or you are avoiding it but I want to know who I am dealing with No big deal unless you are hiding it for a reason.

Me; Sorry this is so late in the evening But I don’t know about where you are but here they require the recipients phone number for me to send the money through Money Gram I had a few other quick questions to make this go quicker, I cant think of them all Im tired and not thinking straight so if you can get me your information and The moving agents phone number to use for The transfer via Money Gram as you requested Ill get it done. Try to get me this info before 3pm tomorrow because our banks lobby closes at 3 pm and they wont cash this large of a check through the drive thru Let me know thanks.
Ill be unavailable for about an hour in the morning around 11am hope its only an Hour Im really tired and cant wait any longer for your response. Ill check my messages first thing in the morning Im sorry it took so long today like I said I had to make arrangements for my Mother( that wasn’t a lie) and Im the only child she had so its been really crazy Hope you can understand my delays Thanks.

June 7th 2013
Me; As patient and understanding as I have been with you when had the UPS and mailing the check if you cant return that same understanding to me then piss on it give me an address so I can buy a money order and send this money back to you I have done everything you have asked of me other than being a little late on responding to you the day I received your check

Finally he bites and responds lol June 7th

Buyer;NO I cant receive the money and the item and is why I include the mover payment to your payment and the mover can only get his payment via Money Gram.

Me; Well here’s our problem. I need your name to write a bill of sale My state requires a bill of sale to be a legal transaction and I need the Phone number of the person picking up the money from money Gram Jada Pettis’s number Money Gram wont let me send it without that, so solve that we are good J you know this is becoming a pain in the butt.

Buyer; NO you don’t need any of my information… You will send the money to the mover information Immediately he receive the money and come to your location for pickup.

Me; You will send me your information as I request or I will concider this agreement void and keep your money and my item as a payment for my time you have wasted, See now I have you over the barrel I have already cashed the check so you cant threaten stop payment and in the checks memo you wrote Instant cash no where stating payment for anything so keep wasting my time and you wont end up ahead I assure you. So do what I ask or Ill concider the funds as payment for my time.

Me; I take it by your SILENCE J you wasted a wiser mans time I hope you know this is the most ive ever made a hour for just my time. Think next time would be my best advice.. I wont charge you for that bit of wisdom J .
Well I have yet to get a reply from him I doubt I ever will I know he’ll not be caught anytime soon Here was my last text to him as of now J

Me: Hey Scammer since I don’t know your name ill refer to you as that I’d like to tell you were you F***** up J anyone that puts ad on Craig list has to do so through the Internet so that means the name you used is plastered everywhere there Try it type in the name Jada Pettis and or your text number . I had you pegged on day 1 lol I rather enjoyed wasting your time on my spare time. The end.

Here’s my plan now, I going to keep all the conversations between me and this idiot and the check and the packing it came and a try to dig around Like I said I doubt they will be caught BUT I sure can make a hobby of making it harder for them to mess with good people and To use a church in something like this really sets me off.
Hope some of you gain good information from this and have a little laugh as I did knowing I wasted at least some of their time and maybe even pissed them off a little J
Also a little thought I hold on to the time that I made them waste on me prevented at least 1 or a few other from being taken
Advertisement