Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#169380 by vickiwatts Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:55 pm
Emma Conlon ([email protected])

Add to contacts

08:24

To:
Thanks for getting back to me i have check the listing and am okay with it so I'm satisfied with the Price. I really want this to be a surprise for my friend so i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him .i have a shipping agent that do pick up for me, they will be the one to pick it up for me after the payment has been made to your account. I will be paying you through PayPal which is a fast, safe and reliable method of payment. .If you don't have a PayPal account just logon to http://www.paypal.com and setup your PayPal account, after setting up your PayPal account you locate the request money button located at the top of your PayPal account home page, use it to request money directly from my PayPal account which is [email protected] once I receive your money request from PayPal, I will submit payment to you immediately via PayPal asap.

Thanks
Emma Conlon

19/06/2013
To: [email protected]

As per advert, lovely clean and tidy with normal bits that are normal with age. Car was running perfectly when we parked it up and has been for a new M.O.T this month but is standing at the moment so would need a good run. I used it to take my children to school etc every day and never had any problems. Beat if you're interested to come ans have a look and see what you think.

--- Original Message ---
[email protected] ([email protected])

Add to contacts

19/06/2013
Please note this e-mail is from an interested customer not from Auto Trader.

Never reply to an e-mail that asks for personal information or copies of your vehicle documentation including the V5C. Keep vehicle documentation and details regarding your vehicle including your VIN number secure at all times.

If you are in doubt regarding an e-mail you have received, report it immediately to [email protected] or call us on 0845 345 3450.

The following customer is interested in the vehicle you are advertising on
http://www.autotrader.co.uk

Received: 19 June 2013 11:29

Customer Details:
NAME: MRS Emma Conlon
TELEPHONE:
EMAIL: [email protected]

Vehicle Details: Removed (BW)
MAKE: XXXX
MODEL: XXXXX
PRICE: XXXXXX

What's the present condition? Is there any condition not mentioned in the ad?
Advertisement

#169381 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners vickiwatts,

Emma Conlon ([email protected]) is a name and email a scammer is using. He has been reported here several times. viewtopic.php?f=6&p=162446

He does not want your vehicle. He wants to steal your money. His scam is to send you a fake Paypal payment. He will then instruct you to pay the shipper, mover or agent. The phony Paypal email will say that you have to provide proof that you sent money to the scammer (agent, mover, shipper) via Western Union or Money Gram in order to have your money released. In reality Paypal would never hold your money.

It is just best to ignore the scammer. Sell your vehicle locally in a public place with cash.

This scammers will use this same scam sending fake checks or money orders.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#169382 by vickiwatts Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 pm
Thank you so much. Just concerned now regarding safety of my email address. As you are aware you use your email address for so much now, should I be concerned that they have mine because I answered them?
#169384 by Bryon Williams Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm
The only thing that may happen to your email address is you may get spam and scam related emails.

Set up another email address (Gmail or Hotmail) for online posting and selling via online ads. Also contacting someone you do not know.

I am going to move this post to Online scams forum and rename the title to Emma Conlon [email protected] .

Bryon

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/