Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#170586 by Elliewalters Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:13 am
I have an article for sale on Craigs List, within 10 minutes of posting I receive this text from 323-425-9550 (Los Angeles?) with the name of Terry Scott - "Hi I am Terry Scott by name...i saw your post (Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow-top $250 I would like to know if you still have the item available for sale... I am interested in buying asap - thanks" to which I replied Yes I do, when do you want to come and see it? - did not get another text back til next day and it said "Sorry for the late response. Ok, ay will pay your asking price, Am currently at work...i work at the sea as an oceanography...due to this i will not be able to come do the pick up myself and pay via cash, so due to that i will be paying you via check so after the check has been cashed by you i will ask my mover's to come for the pick up at your location"

The English is bad for one, I looked up the phone number on google and saw it has been used to contact others for "lowering bills" and sending a fake check - so I believe this to be a scam - I told them that the article is no longer for sale... and have heard nothing more - has anyone else had contact with this scammer? or something similar?
Advertisement

#175038 by abugge Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 am
I just received a text from this schmuck Terry Scott @ 323-425-9550 almost immediately after publishing my post on Craigslist. His text sounded normal and genuine, so I responded "asap" as he requested, and have yet to hear back. Thus I had to start my scam search. I'm glad you posted, now I know. I'm really getting tired of these losers. I just want to sell my guitar for crying out loud.