Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#171098 by Mumbles Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 pm
What is the money supposed to be for? What is Great Western?

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well ...”

Martin Luther King Jr.
#171099 by Brianm Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:59 pm
Sorry I mean western union. I'm sellin my car on gumtree and he's away at sea. It's a present for his son and I need to pay his agent 250 to pick it up. Once I've done that money will b released to my PayPal account
#171102 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Brianm,

You have posted a scam attempt. It is 100% scam. The scammer is not interested in your car.

In this scam the scammer will ask the Seller to take PayPal for more than the price of the car. The fake email from Paypal will look real but it is a fake. He will then ask the Seller to send the OVERPAYMENT to his FAKE SHIPPER / Agent by Western Union or Moneygram to pay for the pickup and shipping. The scammer will tell you that Paypal will release your funds when you send the over payment. PayPal will never hold your funds.

If you send money to anyone via Western Union or Money Gram there is no way of getting it back.

This same scam can be used by the scammer sending fake cheques, money orders and cashier checks.

It is best to deal locally face to face with cash in a public place.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#171108 by Brianm Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:50 pm
Kindly check your junk messages for the payment confirmation from PayPal as
the funds has been deducted from my account and i have got a receipt
for the payment that the funds is not reversible as its pending to be
credited to your account once you are able to make the western union
transfer and email them the details for confirmation and accreditation
of the total funds to your account,...As per the e-mail paypal sent to
me which is also similar to yours, you will have to pay an upfront
payment of £250 out of your pocket via western union office at your
post office to the address given to you, and you will be given the
information requested which you will e-mail to paypal by replying to
the confirmation mail sent from them regarding the details you have
from western union...and you will receive the whole money in your
account without any delay, kindly read the mail sent to you very
well...pls advice asap.
#171115 by Painful Truth Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 pm
Vonpaso and BryonWilliams have already suggested you that this is a scam attempt of trying to extract money out of you.
Cut off all contact with the scamming piece of shit, and always remember to sell/buy things in person, and with cash only.
#171120 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:41 pm
The email apparently from PayPal is fake. PayPal does not hold money while waiting for Western Union to do anything. The scammer has not sent any money.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#171124 by jolly_roger Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:17 am
Simply best to stop all communication with the scammer. If you scroll to the top of this page, you see the site search function. Type in the words paypal, overpayment, paypal scam or some words similar to. You will see the forums littered with this type of format I'm sad to say. Have a look on http://fancypawspuppies.net.p9.hostingp ... mmers.html and scroll down the page. An entry dated the first of Dec Twenty 12 is strikingly similar to what you posted.