Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#171612 by hnuno Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:46 pm
I put an anoucement on olx. I`m portuguese and someone in Holland sent me this messages:

Him:i will pay 380euro included is the shipping cost to Holland.payment via
bank transfers.
Me:How much will the shipping cost? Am I who pay the shipping cost?
Him:i will pay
Me:ok so you will pay the 380 euros plus the shipping price, am I right?
Him:ok
Me:Hello, today I went to the mail office and I ask the prices. I have two boxes one for the ps3 and one for wheel. The shipping price for box is 35 euros, so the two boxes will be 70 euros. If you want I can sell you everthing without the wheel. It is cheaper for you to buy a new wheel because of the shipping prices... The price of everthing without the wheel will be 340 euros + 35 (shipping prices) =375 euros. Intead of 380 + 70 = 450 euros.
Wainting for your reply.
Him:ok, 375euro
Me:Ok, here are my references for the payment:
Name: ******
BIN: *********
IBAN: *********
BIC: *********
When you make the transfer please tell me.

Today I received an email form scotia bank ([email protected]).
We are contacting you regarding the payment that was sent to you by Miguel Perez .The total amount of 375 Euro has been sent to you by Miguel Perez and it has been Approved and the transfer details is stated below:
Transfer Status:Approved
Transfer Summary:

Item Amount :340;00 Euro
Shipping Cost :35;00 Euro (fees has been deducted from Buyer's Account)

Amount Transferred :375;00 Euro
Seller
Buyer's Shipping Method : Post Office Standard Mail / EMS EXPRESS.

*** Note ***

It is now safe for you to go ahead with the shipment of the item(s) and then send the Shipment Tracking Number/Shipment Receipt to us for the shipment verification. Your account will be credited immediately upon confirmation of the details required by us, Moreover our customer cannot abort the transfer after you might have sent the Shipment Tracking Number/Shipment Receipt to us. You should send the Shipment Tracking Number/Shipment Receipt to us at scotiaservices-transfers@accountant. com.

Thank you for using Scotia Bank Online Banking System ( Wire Transfer)?. We look forward to serving your online with better services in the future.

***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 24 hours (under one business days) of receiving this Transfer Payment Approval Notification and get to our Transfer department/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shipment Verification.

I want to know if this is scam, I am almost sure....
Thank all!
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Addeed quotations.
Advertisement

#171620 by vonpaso xlura Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12 pm
From the little he wrote, I get the impression that he is West African.

If someone buys something from you and he chooses the shipper, he pays the shipper. If you choose the shipper, you pay the shipper and add the shipping cost to the bill. If he chooses the shipper, but he tells you where to send the shipping money, it's a scam.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#245463 by Jan Siblik Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:29 am
Hi I need help what do you thing about this email ?

Scotia Bank Online Transfer Of Fund ([email protected])
***SCOTIA BANK PAYMENT CONFIRMATION LETTER TRANSFER# SV90H722100PW9***
Dnes 10. 4. 2015, 2:46:13
Komu: [email protected]
Kopie: [email protected]
g

Woman with tulips Kids
looking at magnifying glass
Transfer Money Between Your Scotia® Bank & Non-Scotia® Bank Accounts.

TRANSFER ORDER HAS BEEN APPROVED

Dear: <removed> MW,

We honour to inform you that we had received the transfer of € 550:00 EUR been paid to you by Mrs Joy Marry for an Auction of item(s) and the payment has been Processed and Consequently been Approved...

BELOW ARE YOUR NOTED BANK INFORMATION :
PAYMENT ACCOUNT DETAILS
<removed> MW,

We have finished the procedure of the transferring of the full payment to € 550:00 EUR will be transferred to your account from Scotia Bank directly to your bank account.

This Is Our Information For The Buyer
1. You must know that once the payment has been made by the buyer the money now belongs to the seller and it will be transferred immediately to his or her account as soon as the seller follow our procedure.
2. Once shipment has been verified, the money will be delivered to the seller's bank account information given to us by you and hence from now on ,You did not have any control on the money paid by you to the seller as we are the one to handle everything yours is to receive your item, we are using this policy to protect both the seller and buyer from internet fraud.

You can go ahead now and ship out your buyer's item{s} and send to us the Scan Way Bill/Tracking Number in order for us to activate your bank account and to complete the final process and within the next 24-Hours time your money will arrive into your bank account, however,you will be receiving your money as soon as you send us the Scan Way Bill/Tracking Number of the shipment receipt ,You will have to ship the item to the shipping address provided by the buyer .
We are very sorry for any inconvenience or delay this may cause,we will like you to verify your bank information properly and see that there is no mistake.If there is, kindly contact us through: mailto:[email protected]?Subject=
Customer Support {[email protected]}
***PLEASE NOTE***

Your bank account will be activated with the money immediately you send the shipment details and has been verified.This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
Scotia Bank Payment Status : Pending reload

Online Banking

***ATTENTION***

Protection against fraud and misrepresentation !

The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment with 48 hours of receiving this Transfer Payment Approval Notification and get to our Transfer department/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shipment Verification.

WaughSig.gif
mailto:[email protected]?Subject=
Customer Support{[email protected]}
http://cgi.scotiabank.com/annrep2003/im ... letter.jpg

Richard E. Waugh President &
Chief Executive Officer
Scotiabank
Last edited by Mike Wilson on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information to protect privacy
#245464 by AlanJones Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:36 am
It is a scam - no legitimate bank holds payments pending confirmation of shipping. Also, [email protected] is a free email address, not a real bank one.

Please edit your post to remove all of your personal details and bank information

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.