Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#171775 by jfrancis Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am
Here's mine from boattrader.ca / autotrader.ca.

Started with a text msg to my phone asking me only to email [email protected]

Great reading from you. I believe you must have buyer's interested in the purchase . I am currently in the middle of work duty. Am buying this for my Dad.

Am sorry, I can only make the payment via PayPal because it's very safe and secure for both of us. In case you don't have a paypal account I'll advice you to register for one. I won't be available to come for inspection due to my present location because I'll still be at my work location, but i have a private pick-up person that will contact you in-order to handle the pick-up at any location of your choice once the payment is completed.

I'll like you to tell me the present condition and photos and including your final asking price also send your paypal email address and so that I can make the payment if you wish to proceed. Await your response asap. Thanks !!

Ben

My reply - b/c you might as well have fun with it (fyi the ad was for a or a normal motorboat in good condition)
Hi Ben Oscar

So much happy you are interested in buying. I will arrange the Paypal account as you have suggested!

The final asking price is $35,000 (same as in the ad +20k)

Since you are unable to come see the boat b/c of your work schedule I just wanted to make sure you know that the pontoons on the boat have a lot of oxidation on them and have a high likelyhood of filling with water which could (highly likely) cause the boat to capsize or worse. Is that ok?

Also it only take high octane jet fuel. Will your contact be able to pick it up from my home in Attawapiskat?

Thank you for your interest,
Advertisement