Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#175197 by johnnyhbhs Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:19 am
This guy is a scammer pulling the ol i want to buy your car asap without seeing it and will pay you through paypal scam. soon he will ask me to pay him money to release his money for my car....idiot! cant even spell marine properly and no thats not a spelling mistake by me he did try to spell marine with 2 r's.
Advertisement

#175876 by Nissan Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:14 am
yes, I can support this, this morning I have received this txt message for the car I'm trying to sell on Trade me, but then I saw that his email is a .com, got to be careful these days, a person who wants to buy a car should be able to come and inspect it first.
this email address is definitely a scammer.
#176004 by TommyJa Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:27 pm
This guy sent me an SMS with the same content. I sent him a message back before i knew he was a scammer. After that i recieved another message from him, that i don't really know what to do with. It said the following:

"Thanks for your message. Configure your number's SMS URLto change this message. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Msg & data rates may apply."

Does anyone know if this may cause harm to any data or info i have on my mobile phone? I havent replied and i do not intent to. But i'm a little afraid he may have acces to my info because of me replying his message.

If someone, with more knowledge about it than me, could help me out here would be much appriciated!
#176035 by Mike Wilson Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:49 pm
Our scammer
X-Originating-IP: [41.79.217.121]= Cotonou, Benin , Africa

Thanks for your response.Am interested in buying and Am from USA..How long
have you owned it?? what's your actual price for it and when last was it
serviced?.

Slater

The email domain is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#176068 by Mike Wilson Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 am
Our scammers fake paypal:

Paypal Service [email protected]
[email protected]

X-Originating-IP: [41.79.217.116] = Cotonou, Benin, Africa

Dear <removed>,

This email confirms that you have received an Instant payment of $6,500.00 NZD from Michael Slater([email protected]) via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service.

Reversals: This method of payment can not be reversed.

View the "NOTE" of this pending transaction below

Payment Details

Merchandise Amount: $4,500.00 NZD

Transport Charges: $2,000.00 NZD

Taxes and Insurance: -------------

Total: $6,500.00 NZD

Transaction: 7GI9018157279632H

Quantity: 1

MERCHANDISE Title: Auto.

Transport Company: " COURIER EXCHANGE "

Receiver's Address:

Name : Sara Wissinger

City: Huntersville

State: NC

Post Code: 28078-9002

<removed>, *

You have received a PayPal Payment of *$6,500.00 NZD *from Michael Slater (
[email protected]).

*We have placed a temporary hold on the funds of this transaction. *

As mentioned in the receipt of Payment and as per New PayPal MERCHANDISE
Payment policy, we have fully debited the total amount (above) from the
buyer's account which included the Transport/Delivery Charges (COURIER
EXCHANGE).

In order to complete this transaction and get the funds approved in your
account. We advice you go to nearest Western Union Office, Bank or Post
office and send the excess sum of *$2,000.00 NZD** *to the Transport Agent
and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Western Union Transaction
Receipt (in .JPG Format).

NOTE: This is important as a security measure to ensure safety of this
transaction.

Below is the receiver's address where you will get the money sent via
Western Union Money Transfer.

Click Here Locate Nearest Western Union Office <http://www.westernunion.com=
/>

*Transport Company: " COURIER EXCHANGE "** * *

Name : Sara Wissinger

City: Huntersville

State: NC

Post Code : 28078-9002

Address Status: Confirmed <removed link>

Your Account will be credited accordingly upon the receipt of details
requested. Should either be sent in JPG format or send typed details in the
format below:

(1) Sender's Name;
(2) Receiver's Name;
(3) Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN);
(4) Amount Sent;
(5) Western Union Money Transfer Receipt
------------------------------
You may contact PayPal customer service by using the reply button in your
Mail Box and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this
transaction.
------------------------------
Yours sincerely,

PayPal [image: Transfer money to friends quickly and easily. Even on your
mobile]<https://email-edg.paypal.com/r/1O0QKGJ/NS04WR/72E7HKQ/QFLSG9/ODCF2/=
PP/h>
*How do I know this is not a fraudulent email? *Fraudulent emails tend to
have generic greetings such as "Dear PayPal member". Emails from PayPal
will always address you by your first and last name.

Help <[email protected]> Safety << fake paypal
Advice<[email protected]> Contact
us <[email protected]>

Copyright =A9 1999-2012. PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal (Europe) S.=E1
r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., Soci=E9t=E9 en Commandite par Actions. Registered offi=
ce:
22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449, Luxembourg, R.C.S. Luxembo

The fake PayPal email domains are in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#176331 by Monbaljoe Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:08 am
I'm from Belgium and he tried to pull the same scam on me:

"Ok,good..I'm quite satisfied with the condition and price. I will be paying the PayPal charges from my account and i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a paypal account. If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it or you can send me a paypal money request, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for the merchandise to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company..

Slater."

This seemed to good to be true, so I googled the name and fortunately came across this fraud on scam warners. I couldn't find anything on Belgian sites concerning this scam though. But it's definitely a PayPal scam.
#176347 by TerranceBoyce Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:18 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Monbaljoe.

English is the favourite language of scammers and it gives them the largest target audience for victims, but as people get to know about the scam the criminals will seek out victims on foreign language websites.

Glad to hear he didn't fool you and if you can let others in Belgium know about it, it'll help keep your countrymen/women safe.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#177764 by ernesto Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:53 am
Hello I'm from Italy and this guy tried to scam me too. I received a message from +1 (717) 208-8017 phone asking if my car is still for sale (recently I posted an adv on Autoscout24 site) and in case replay to the email [email protected] . Luckily I googled the email account finding this scam warners site.
Thank you!
#177857 by tenz_an Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:36 am
He contacted me too, Italy, first from the same phone I read above +1 (717) 208-8017.
It sounded really suspected, and now I found this thread that assure me. Thanks guys
Here what he wrote me:

"Thanks for your response.Am interested in buying.How long have you owned it?? what's your actual price for it and when last was it serviced?.

Slater.

Ok,good..I'm quite satisfied with the condition and price. I will be paying the PayPal charges from my account and i will be paying directly into your PayPal account without any delay, and i hope you have a paypal account. If you have one already, just send me the address to send it to, which is the email address you use for it or you can send me a paypal money request, so once i receive the details i will go ahead with the payment through PayPal and then i will contact my shipping company after you get the payment. I will need your home address for the merchandise to be Picked Up by the Shipping Company..

Slater."
#179465 by franz40 Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:29 am
Same for me, in Belgium. I guess the guy doesn't even bother changing his e-mail adress. Not very "professionnal" :roll:

He suposedly sent my 1000€ extra in order to pay for the shipment. I guess the next step was me being asked to pay the 1000€ directly, from my account.

Well, thancks for the warning.

François