Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#175199 by Bart4 Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 am
Hello, I am new poster to the forum but not new to the site. I recently found a vehicle I am interested in on mautofied.com. http://www.mautofied.com/1987-Volkswage ... 100600714/
I emailed the owner and he tells me he is going through a divorce and just really needs to get rid of the vehicle. I asked for more pictures and he send additional photos. He tells me in the email that he has moved back to Greece with family and that he arranged a MSN autos to complete the transaction and have it delivered for FREE. This is probably a easy one but I wanted to get a second and third opinion.
(First Email)
The price was reduced at $3,000. Because of my divorce settlement, i recently move back at my parent in Greece, i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (that`s why i`m selling it so cheap).
If you have any other questions, or need more info and photos, just drop me an email and I'll get back to you.
Sincerely,,
Mario Flores (Second Email)
As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced.The rv is already at the shipping company in Lincoln ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with MSN Autos. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask MSN Autos to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. MSN Autos will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from MSN Autos will all the transaction information please reply with your full name and your shipping address and they will contact you right away.
Advertisement

#175203 by TerranceBoyce Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:25 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Bart4.

Absolute 100% gilt edged scam guaranteed to steal your money and give you nothing in exchange.

His e-mail indicates his name to be Mario Foo ? :mrgreen:

The minute you start getting biographic details, then start getting squinty eyed. It really isn't relevant and it's usually a way to explain why he's behaving suspiciously.

Never buy a vehicle you can't view first. Scammers always offer the best deals - and this is one. You've not missed out on a bargain. You've avoided losing your cash.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#175216 by jolly_roger Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:49 am
Bart4. I'm happy you became suspicious and asked the forum members. You would be very wise to ignore this deal and have nought to do with it. The (Second Email) letter you published has been used in previous scam attempts in relation to CL. The scammer has attempted to trick you and the vehicle deal is indeed fraudulent
http://reportcraigslistscams.com/xzclf/ ... aYcO_.html and look at the second e-mail, to give you one example. The script is looking strikingly similar I think.