Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#178078 by Con Warner Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 am
Date: Oct 1, 2013 11:11
Subject: Re: Looking at the land rover
To:

Hi,

As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Lincoln, NE for a new start. The car is in my possession, already at the shipping company, in a cargo container, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The deal is handled by Google Wallet so I don't have much to do about it. With Google Wallet, you get free delivery, at your place in 4 to 5 days. In addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense. I want to make it very clear, that Google Wallet will hold your money, and I won't be receiving a single dollar unless you call and tell them to release the money to me. For more info on how it works, I can ask Google Wallet to send you an email with more details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as have your personal details. This way you also get proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Google Wallet with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole name, address and phone # and they will contact you right away.

Erica Benson

This person claims that Google Wallet will hold the funds in escrow for a vehicle that he doesn't own.
Google Wallet does not offer this service and any emails regarding this transaction claiming to be from Google are fake.
The thief does not have a car for sale.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement