Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#178658 by ingystrick Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:54 am
*****craigs list! response to purchasing a motorcycle I had for sale*****
I smelled a rat!

New name: Terry Gordon. [email protected]

Thanks for the mail...I will appreciate more pictures..I am ready
to buy it for my cousin in (West Africa) but due to the nature of my work (oil rig)
i would have love to talk to you but phone calls making are restricted but i squeezed out time to
check this advert and send you an email regarding it. i would be glad to pay for it as soon as
possible though i will not be available to come for an inspectation due to my tight schedule at work.
Kindly get back to me with the following questions below

1) What is the condition?
2) Are you the Owner?
3) Pick up Location?
4) What is the final asking price?
5) Why are you selling it?

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through (PayPal) or (USPS MONEY ORDER ONLINE CHECK) so kindly get back to me with your PayPal ID..
Do you have a p a y p a l account? Let me know asap so i can arrange the payment through PayPal or if not, its pretty easy to set one up at
http://www.p a y p a l.com, or you can also get back to me with your Full Address so i can transfer the
fund through (Online USPS Money Order) if that we be a better option, You need not to worry your self about title transfer and shipment will arrange for a transport company
that we come for it as soon as you get the payment and i we instruct the Transport company to handle that for me as soon as the payment is clear to you, in order to complete this transaction do get back to me with
your PayPal ID and total cost or your full Address if (USPS Money Order) we be a better option so that I can effect the payment asap NOTE: it we not
be taking away from you not until the money is clear and receive by you. I will be waiting for your reply!

Thanks.
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation and split.
Advertisement

#178663 by Bryon Williams Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 am
Welcome to Scamwarners ingystrick,

The scammer wanted to send you a fake Paypal payment. He has a fake Paypal address from a free email provider. The payment would look real. Its a screen shot of a fake payment. He then will instruct you to pay a mover, shipper or agent. The fake Paypal email from the scammer would say that your Paypal funds will be released when you send the scammer (mover,agent or shipper) money via Western Union or Money Gram. In reality Paypal would never hold your funds.

Log into Paypal directly without any links to check for monies received or call Paypal directly from the number on their site.

If you are selling electronics, Cell phones or computers then the scammer is trying to steal your "item". Your fake funds will be released when you send the scammer a scan copy of a receipt showing you mailed your item.

This same scam works with fake check and money orders. You and your bank will think they are real. After you cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. Your bank will have you repay the monies. Possibly close your account for fraud and report you to Law Enforcement.

The best thing to do is to sell in person face to face in a public place

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/