Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
Advertisement

#179077 by Bryon Williams Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:01 am
Welcome to Scamwarner Smelanie,

As the scripts posted earlier helped you out. It would be helpful to post the scripts used now by the scammer. As you mentioned the wording is "almost" the same. The new wording will help others avoid his scam attempts.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#179078 by Smelanie Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:10 am
Here is the email;

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back, Anyway, I'll like to know your final asking price. How I wish i could come for inspection but I'm currently out of town for my UN course.

Due to this inability to bring cash physically, the best way for me to pay will be through PayPal which is safer for you and I will cover the PayPal transfer fees. Kindly send me your PayPal account email address so i can pay in. I will arrange with my pick up agent to collect from you as it is the best way I can handle this professionally.

Please, I'd like to know certain things too; Are you the first owner? What is your reason for selling? I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before i proceed on payment.
#179079 by Bryon Williams Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 am
^^Thank you for updating.
The scammer wanted to send you a fake Paypal payment. He has a fake Paypal address from a free email provider. The payment would look real. Its a screen shot of a fake payment. He then will instruct you to pay a mover, shipper/freight or agent. The fake Paypal email from the scammer would say that your Paypal funds will be released when you send the scammer (mover,agent or shipper) money via Western Union or Money Gram. In reality Paypal would never hold your funds.

Log into Paypal directly without any links to check for monies received or call Paypal directly from the number on their site.

If you are selling electronics, Cell phones or computers then the scammer is trying to steal your "item". Your fake funds will be released when you send the scammer a scan copy of a receipt showing you mailed your item.

This same scam works with fake check and money orders. You and your bank will think they are real. After you cash the fake check. Days or weeks later your bank will inform you of the fraud. Your bank will have you repay the monies. Possibly close your account for fraud and report you to Law Enforcement.

The best thing to do is to sell in person face to face in a public place or with someone with you.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/