Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#179094 by John Barry Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:49 am
Found a new scam ad on Autotrader - Porsche Cayman for £4200!!. Usual BS from Joe Romo
I want to inform you the the car is in Cadiz and it will be shipped from here to UK.The shipper I will use will deliver the vehicle to your door, you don't have to pick it from the port. Shipping will take 10 days maximum. Due to the fact that i am located in Spain and we can not deal in person,i`ve contacted Google Wallet regarding this issue and they told me that they could offer to me a program that is created especially for international transactions that protects both of us.
Regarding the transaction, you will send the funds to Google Wallet and they will keep the money until you receive the vehicle and test it.In this way both buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.Google Wallet will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition. That is how their service is working. As far as the seller concerns, i will be glad to know that Google Wallet is in possession of the funds during the delivery period.
You will be given a 15 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home( i will ship it to your address insured for full value to you ).
If you decide to keep the car, then you will have to authorize Google Wallet to release the funds to me, and the transaction is complete.If the vehicle is not as described ( perfect interior,exterior,mechanical condition ), you will be able to send the vehicle back through the same shipping company ( return postage at my expense ), and ask Google Wallet to return the money to you.

If you want to read more about Google Wallet service please visit :

http://google.wallet.com-inc-buyonline. ... of-service

I have some bad news for him. That domain will be killed very soon by the fake slayers over at 419eater.com.
Advertisement

#179106 by TerranceBoyce Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:36 pm
I know and I think he blames me. :shock:

Still, that's not a bad thing if he drops victims when his link goes down. :lol:

Maybe he'll come back with a new one.

Meanwhile I better keep looking for cars to buy. :wink:

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#179158 by TerranceBoyce Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:07 am
The pesky blighter has come up with a new link :twisted:

http://google.wallet.com-buyonline.co.uk/followup.php?Setup-Service.Purchase-Protection&continue=1#how-works

I'm not sure how much good it does, but it might be worthwhile squishing this one just to give the scamming maggot a serious dose of paranoia. Meanwhile I can't wait to get my hands on a spankingly smart sports car (really I mean the bank account he's using). :lol:

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle