Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#180246 by Mr.Moustache Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:16 pm
Hello,

Thank you for putting up this website. Found out that I've been contacted by a scammer (Alens Mark) through AutoTrader when I tried to sell my car. Classical Paypal overpayment scheme. Wanted to post him here to avoid other people falling for his scam. Here are his two messages:

Name: Alens Mark
E-mail address: [email protected]

Message 1 (Through Autotrader Messaging Service):
Hi, I found your listing on autoTRADER and would like to know more about the vehicle. Please send me more information about 2007 Pontiac G5 SE. Thank you.

Message 2 (regular email):
Thanks for your reply, I have been trying to buy this for a very long time and searching through the internet if am going to find one, but it has been very stressful buying it despite the fact I’m really lucky finding this at the moment but ill like you to send me the final asking price you want to sell the car and let me know if it have any history I should be aware of and the reason you are selling it.

I'm presently off shore on an oil rig repairing a crane and i would have love to call in person but our satellite server has been down which restrict our calls, that's why i have to contact you with internet messaging facility despite the server is poor. Regarding the payment, i will like to make an upfront payment through paypal account cus i don’t have access to my online banking, email money and i can't send you bank draft, eBay or cheque at the moment but it is much more easier sending it through paypal.

I have my paypal account linked up with my bank account, if you don’t have a paypal i do advice you to setup one as to proceed with the sales, email me more photos for the car.

Thanks await your reply.

Sure......you go fix that crane on that oil rig :laugh-s:
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement

#180591 by paypalscammerssuck Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:13 pm
I got the same email from him and I told him to contact me when he got back in the country... He persisted that I use paypal... Alens Mark, you're a scammer and your English sucks!

"Thanks for your reply, I have been trying to buy this for a very long time and searching through the internet if am going to find one, but it has been very stressful buying it despite the fact I’m really lucky finding this at the moment but ill like you to send me the final asking price you want to sell the car and let me know if it have any history I should be aware of and the reason you are selling it.

I'm presently off shore on an oil rig repairing a crane and i would have love to call in person but our satellite server has been down which restrict our calls, that's why i have to contact you with internet messaging facility despite the server is poor. Regarding the payment, i will like to make an upfront payment through paypal account cus i don’t have access to my online banking, email money and i can't send you bank draft, eBay or cheque at the moment but it is much more easier sending it through paypal.

I have my paypal account linked up with my bank account, if you don’t have a paypal i do advice you to setup one as to proceed with the sales, email me more photos for the car.

Thanks await your reply."
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.