Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#181181 by carseller_ontario Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:22 am
Posted an ad on Kijiji for a car sell(14-NOE-2013)

received the following messages from Peter Wilson([email protected]):
#1)
Thanks for mailing back, am ok with your price and the condition. I am indeed very motivated to purchase from you and am purchasing it for my leave because i'll be coming soon from this field. As I'm a Petroleum Project Engineer in(Hamburg oil Field, Alberta) My work don't permit me to come over for inspection, contact via phone would have been the easiest means to talk to you but we are out of cell range, the satellite is often playing up but we can get along via e-mail. I will process the payment to you now via PayPal the fast and easy way to pay and get paid online, safe and secure for both of us. Once my money is through into your PayPal account and you cash it out, my Courier Agent will contact you in-order to handle the pick-up and delivery at any location of your choice to My Place. Kindly get back to me now your PayPal details(name and email address), If you don't have a PayPal account you can easily set up asap just log on to http://www.paypal.com and sign up as its very easy/fast.
awaiting for the info

Peter

#2)
Courier Issues

I was just about to make the payment when I encountered this problem. The pick up agent said I must pay for the freight fee before they can schedule a pick up time. I've been charged $950 for pick up and delivery. The payment must be sent to their Headquarters in China where they confirm all commission payments made from any part of the world and the only form of payment they accept is Western Union Money Transfer.I tried to pay online (http://www.westernunion.com) but it requires a credit card to make the transfer online which i don't have access to and there is no post office here on rig ,I will add the $950 to the money am sending to your Paypal account. Once am done making the full payment, kindly help me forward the freight fee to the agent's Headquarters in China through western union money transfer. I would have done it myself but I can't send money through that means due to my present location and there is no post office on sea.(western union section in most post offices)... I'm a little incapacitated but I'll appreciate your help here. I will proceed with the payment now and email you once am done.

Peter
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement