Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#3463 by Crispy Duck Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 am
This scammer uses the names Emma Shane, James John, Robert Gold, James Jerry Gates, Professor Arthur Lucas, Elson Christian and others. His latest alias is Prof. Kent Glo ESQ.

His letters are almost identical - he just changes the name. A few of his letters, after the initial contact and confirming the price, are:

Thanks for your rapid response to my mail. I am really interested in it. Also I am okay with the price and will like to buy it from you on full trust.But i thought i could get a good discount stated by you. Payment will be made with a certified check.

To expediate this transaction, I have concluded arrangement with my shipping agent company that's going to pickup. They would be responsible for picking up. This will make me send you extra fund because the shipping agent company need their payment before embarking on any transaction of picking goods up.

I will be including their fee in the payment you will be receiving, the amount covers for all logistics needed to pick up from you. They will contact you as soon as the payment has been sent to you and funds cleared and recieved by you securely before pickup will be made.

If it's ok with you get back to me with your full name and address with cell phone number which i will issue out the payment to you asap. Hear from you soon.

Another is:

URGENT REPLY
Sound Great.. We would have love to come and take a look at the item and pay in cash,We are not in ur states..This item is needed very urgent for a programs in Maryland..You give us your Name, address and telephone number so that we can have our Financial Manager Issue out payment on behave of our company, We will had the shipping money together with ur amount.. While we have our moving company to contact you to schedule an appropriate pickup date after payment as been received and cashed out, Thanks..

Professor Emma L. Shane ESQ

Again, he sends this out and changes the signature:

Hello.

How was ur weekend? Hope everything is working fine? I just want to inform you the payment as been mail out to the informations given to me by you... Now i added the shipping money to the amount sent to you.. Once you receive the Money Order just take it to ur bank and cash it out.. Don't forget that you will be sending the additional payment to the Shipper by Western Union so that they can come and pickup the item intime... Thanks and have a wonderful day..

Regards

He then sends out a fake check or money order by UPS or FedEx and sends something like this:

I just confirmed with UPS with this tracking number ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) and it was said to be delivered to you already,
just wanted to know why U said u never received it yet.. Guess by now
u should have, right? Please do track the tracking number from UPS
website or call them tfor more details.... Please I need you to take
the check to your bank cash out the funds and before doing that, I
need you to confirm with me the exact amount of check you received
before taking it to the Bank to cash out...

Once the check has been cashed out, I would want to you send back the
balance left after deducting your funds. Please, part of the bfamalance
will be used for Hospital bills of one of our comrade in Hospital
undergoing a Kidney surgery while the rest is for the Shipping
Company..After deducting your funds, do let me know how much is left
before sending the balance to the below Info:

HERE IS THE INFO TO SEND THE MONEY TO:

Receiver's Name:...........................................
Address:........................................................
City:...............................................................
Zip Code:.......................................................
Country:........................................................

So kindly get back to me with the Western Union Info such as the 10
Digits MTCN Number, the Text Question & Answer. I hope to hear from
you soonest as possible, am really looking up to you for this. Please
help me save a soul, so please make it as snappy as possible.

My Regards to your family
Elson Christian.
Advertisement