Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#185114 by John Barry Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:11 pm
Picked up from Terrance Boyse's Autotrader thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79719

Scammers email address is [email protected]

Hello,

I still got the 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco GT TDi BlueMotion for sale at the price of £8000. The car is in excellent condition, garage kept and accident free. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect. I bought it from UK and it is still registered here. We live in the Northern part of United Kingdom, in a beautiful sea-side city called Thurso.
We are a nice couple of pensioners (I have 64 and my beloved wife is 63 years old) and don't use the car so often. We love to spend our time on the road but now we use to travel by plane, so a car is no more useful for us. Also we sold our house and bought a big farm here in Thurso. If you are really interested we are ready to make a trip to England and meet you personally. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection.
Please tell us where do you live? I am sure that we will find a nice city in England to arrange a meeting, a region acceptable for us and for you in the same time. We have the faith that this can be a good deal!

P.S. I appreciate if we can continue our conversation by e-mail. The mobile signal is poor here, we have to walk over 2 miles for a good phone call.

Thank you and let me know,

Richard

Classicly bad English from someone who purports to be a Brit!!
Advertisement

#185117 by TerranceBoyce Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:23 pm
If you look at a map Thurso is in a northern part of the UK, however, culturally no one but a foreigner would refer to it as such. :lol:

Impersonation is very difficult and it requires more than a map to be able to do it credibly. Even if these people could speak perfect English, which they can't, it's very difficult not to make serious gaffes that give away the fact that the person has no knowledge of where he claims to live.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#185159 by John Barry Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:23 am
Step 2

Hi,

I've spoken to my wife and we can come to Manchester. We can arrive there on Saturday evening so we can have our meeting on Sunday morning if this works for you.
We will book a room at the Premier Inn hotel. Address: Medlock Street, City Centre, M15 5FJ Manchester. We can meet there if it's OK with you. Before we come to Manchester, we want to be sure that you will be there and that you have the funds available so we will not drive for nothing. There is a risk which we want to avoid. I spoke with my wife about this and we have decided to close the deal through Google Wallet which was specially designed for this kind of situation. This is for our and your security.

If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 5-days inspection period to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they release the funds to me. In this time you can even run an RAC or AA inspection. I will receive the payment from Google only if you are satisfied with it. If for any reason (it has any hidden damage or it isn't as i describe it) you reject the deal Google Wallet will fully refund you and I will come and collect it at MY own cost. Please NOTE that Google Wallet is not an online payment method, is just an third party service that will secure our deal, the money exchange will be done securely through our banks. You can read more about it here:
https://wallet\.google.co.uk/merchantSignInRedirect
If you like it and want to inspect it for 5 days at your place, please confirm your full name and address so I can register the sale with Google Wallet and proceed.

Sneaky devil has obscured the fake Google wallet websites address . Its http://first-purchase-steps-towards-wal ... 20Help.htm

And its going to die very soon!!