Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#188996 by Michelle Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 am
to: Michelle Banks
date: January 2014 22:51
subject: RE: Auto Trader - Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi 5dr
mailed-by: hotmail.com

Hi there,

The 2011 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXi is still available for £4000.

The car is in excellent condition, HPI clear, garage kept and accident free. It has no dents or scratches. The mileage is real and I never had any problems with the engine. The car looks and works just perfect. It comes with MOT (valid till 08/2014) and Road Tax ( valid till 07/2014). I have all the original papers including full service history.

I must tell you that we recently moved in the Northern part of United Kingdom. We bought a property in a beautiful sea-side city called Inverness (in Scotland). The car is here aswell.
We are a couple and we love to spend our time on the road. If you are really interested we are ready to make a trip to England and meet you personally this week. You can take the car for a test-drive and any kind of inspection.
Please tell us where you live, I am sure we can arrange a meeting, a region acceptable for us and for you in the same time or we can deliver the car to your home.

Thank you and let me know,
John

PS: This is my mobile number: 07407301111, but the signal is very poor in this part and I don't know if you can get thru. It will be best if you email me.

Advertisement

#189161 by Michelle Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 am
[email protected]

Hi Michelle

I've spoken to my wife and we can come to Blackpool. We can arrive there on Saturday evening so we can have our meeting on Sunday morning if this works for you.

Before we come to Blackpool, we want to be sure that you will be there and that you have the funds available so we will not drive for nothing. There is a risk which we want to avoid. I spoke with my wife about this and we have decided to close the deal through Google Wallet which was specially designed for this kind of situation. This is for our and your security.

If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 5-days inspection period to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they release the funds to me. In this time you can even run an RAC or AA inspection. I will receive the payment from Google only if you are satisfied with it. If for any reason (it has any hidden damage or it isn't as i describe it) you reject the deal Google Wallet will fully refund you and I will come and collect it at MY own cost. Please NOTE that Google Wallet is not an online payment method, is just an third party service that will secure our deal, the money exchange will be done securely through our banks. You can read more about it here:
http://wallet.google.co.uk/merchantSignInRedirect

If you like it and want to inspect it for 5 days at your place, please confirm your full name and address so I can register the sale with Google Wallet and proceed.

Thanks,
John