Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#190613 by cork Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:37 pm
I just got this one. Same guy, same content, different name and email address, he obviously didn't remember trying it on with me under a different name.

Sent: Tuesday, 11 February 2014 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Car for sale

Thanks for the response,I would have loved to call you directly but due to the nature i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project work, we do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility.

I am buying this for my first son who just graduated on top of his class at Charles Darwin University in NT ,He studied Building Design & Architecture. I want it to be the perfect graduation gift for him and am making it a surprise package ,Does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling if you don't mind my asking. I don't mind adding an extra $300.00 for you just to take down the posting..I am already in talks with freighters that will handle the pickup and delivery .I will really appreciate if you can email more info

Due to the nature of my work i am a very busy man working all day, am a (Operating Manager) am presently on-board, i don't have access to my bank account online as am not with my credit card details here but i have my ANZ bank account link up with my PayPal account so I will be paying you through PayPal to your nominated bank account or better still is if you have a PayPal account ,please get back to me with your BSB and account details or PayPal account so i can proceed with the payment and contact the courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in NT for my son .Await your reply .

Regards
Advertisement

#190614 by Bryon Williams Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:43 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners cork,

Thank you for posting the scammers information. This will help others avoid being scammed by him. If you have any further questions please ask.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#190984 by Chan73 Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:07 pm
Same scam, different name... First via t t saying he's offshore as a marine engineer then a follow up email saying he'd pay by Paypal ...

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am ready to buy it now as a birthday gift for my brother-in-law. I am at the sea at the moment as I am a marine engineer, due to the nature of my work, phone calls and use of the internet is restricted but I have managed to squeeze out time to check your advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the car to be a surprise package for my brother-in-law so I won't let him know anything about the car until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with the car. I insist on PayPal as my mode of payment because I don't have access to my bank account online and also, I don't have internet banking, but I can pay from my PayPal account. I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account, so I will need you to get back to me with your PayPal email address and your final price so I can make the payment for the car asap. Please if you don't have a PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, log on to www.paypal.com and get it set up. After you have set it up, I will only need the e-mail address you used for the registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. I have a shipper that will come and pick up the car after I must have made the payment for the car and funds available in your account.

My Regards.
Greg Parkes
#342819 by Kfowler25 Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 pm
I got an email from the same person but slightly different:

Thanks for the response,I would have loved to call you directly but due to the nature of my work we do not have access to phone at the moment,which is why I contact only contact you via email. I'm a NAVY Vet and i just got a deployed which starts tomorrow and am leaving any moment from now.

I want it to be the perfect graduation gift for him and am making it a surprise package as well ,Does it have any history I should be aware of? and why are you selling it if you don't mind my asking. I don't mind adding an extra $300.00 for you just to take down the posting..I am already in talks with freighters that will handle the pickup and delivery .I will really appreciate if you can email more info

Due to the nature of my work i am a very busy woman working all day, am a (NAVY Vet in which i deal Vet Softwares) am presently on-board, i don't have access to my bank account online as am not with my credit card details here but i have my ANZ bank account link up with my PayPal account so I will be paying you through Account to your nominated bank account or better still is if you have a PayPal account ,please get back to me with your BSB and account details or PayPal account so i can proceed with the payment and contact the courier agent who will come to pick it up and deliver it in NT for my son .Await your reply