Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#27189 by bellabird Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:37 am
Found ad for 2007 Nissan Altima for $4500 on Houston craigslist and this was his response:

Hi, I am selling this car because my unit has been sent back to Afghanistan and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it in one week. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident.I do have the title , clear, under my name.The car has 25,000 miles, year 2007.
It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4,500. The car is in Great Falls, MT, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards, Alexander Brown

And found this on Samba.com:

A guy by the name of Alexander Brown is supposedly selling a 1964 Deluxe 21 window for $4300. The pictures show a mint condition restored vehicle. He had it listed in the northern Illinois area on Cragslist. In email communications he claims he "is being redeployed to Afghanistan and didn't want it to get old in the back yard". He would even have it delivered from its home in Great Falls, MT at no charge since he is in the service. I pressed the fact that I want to see it before plunking down the cash and he should send it to a local broker.

The listings appear to be now gone!! http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/1592673930.html
The tip off should have been the palm tree in the pictures. Not to many palms in Montana!
Quotes added for clarity - Ralph
Advertisement