Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#195361 by robswsan Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:41 pm
Advertisement on Gumtree for a Fish Tank and Aquarium for £50.

Seller: [email protected]
Seller's Mobile: 07902954444

Seller replied to buyer advising delivery was being arranged.

Email received from [email protected] purporting to be from Royal Mail Parcelforce
asking buyer to purchase a £50 Pay Safe Card and for him to send a photograph or scan of the
receipt just to confirm the funds were in 'escrow' before delivery could be arranged.

Buyer receives automated reply confirming payment information received and delivery would be arranged with the buyer to hand over the receipt on delivery.

Needless to say no delivery and no further communication. PIN claimed and no monies left in Pay Safe Card.

We have contacted the domain registrar who have suspended the domain (group--services.info).

Just to let everyone know about the latest reincarnation of this scam.

One of the emails sent from the seller to the buyer

Sarah Wilson <[email protected]> wrote:
I've received a copy of the payment instructions. They do indeed take payments in cash but not directly because drivers apparently aren't allowed to receive cash in hand. It seems you'll have to use cash or debit/credit card to buy a paysafecard voucher from a local shop/supermarket or newsagent that has the PAYPOINT sign. You'll need to scan the voucher or take a close-up picture using your mobile phone and reply with it to the email from parcelforce. Also keep the voucher/s receipt for the driver who will verify it, nothing simpler :)

Here : http://www.paypoint.co.uk/paypointlocator ; you can find the nearest shop and ask for the PAYSAFECARD voucher (they comes in values of 10, £ 25, £ 50, £ 75 or £ 100). From what I understand the shopkeeper will add 20% VAT if you pay an invoice therefore if asked just say you're buying the voucher for some online poker or betting website and VAT won't be added ;) .

My advice just ask the voucher for online gambling.

Hope this helps,
Sarah.

Rob @ SWSAN
Scottish Welfare Support and Advice Network

Twitter @robmcd85
Advertisement

#199496 by Jk447 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:51 am
Hi

This has got to be the same person who I have received an email from I have called action fraud can you let me know if you have so we can let action fraud know

Regards
Jk