Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#197911 by retepo Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 am
Hello iam from slovakia and iam selling guitar via portal mainly for slovak and czech people. its all in slovak language son no forgein person can understand. but some person wrote me email using google translator. he said that he want to buy guitat. i asked him where he is from he said he is from slovakia but he is not around now.
he said that i should send him my paypal or bank acc so he can make transaction soon as possible and send "pick up agent" . I've sended my information- bank acc. after while i get email from Credit Europe Bank that he is sending me 400 euro. price of item is 220e. 180e is for shipping agent. Then i get another email from Credit Europe Bank wich says that i need to confrim payment so i can reciece money... its says that :
Reversals : This method of payment can not be reversed.
Adress of his back account says he is FROM TURKEY, also i saw some information about pickup agent and its turkey again.....

i said that i want to cancel this operation... and he started to blame me that iam scam etc.
He said that i cant get money back..... blablabla
WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP
Advertisement

#197915 by AlanJones Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:15 am
Please post all the emails that he has sent you, including the ones that claim to be from "Credit Europe Bank".

Banks do not send people emails to advise that they have been sent payments and they also do not act as an Escrow service holding money during personal transactions, so the email will be fake.

You have nothing to worry about. Just ignore any further emails from the scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#197916 by TerranceBoyce Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:31 am
If you are selling an item and a buyer asks you to make a payment you can be certain that it's a scam. It's a frequent trick and I make mention of it in my 'soggy line' - sellers don't make payments and, if he can pay you, he can pay his collection agent, but it's all a 'fairy tale'. He hasn't made you any payment and the payment he says is for his collection agent will be collected by him.

He is just trying to steal money from you.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#197922 by retepo Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:51 am
TerranceBoyce wrote:If you are selling an item and a buyer asks you to make a payment you can be certain that it's a scam. It's a frequent trick and I make mention of it in my 'soggy line' - sellers don't make payments and, if he can pay you, he can pay his collection agent, but it's all a 'fairy tale'. He hasn't made you any payment and the payment he says is for his collection agent will be collected by him.

He is just trying to steal money from you.

Yes iam seller... i had strange feeling about it... and i was in dbout. why he couldnt send money directly on my bank account... i said to him i dont want to do this kind of operation, but he said once the trasnfer started it can be cancelled. and in every mail he says that i have to confrim transaction blabla....

I just found article about this situation.
http://www.crediteurope.com.mt/service/ ... ation.html
#198575 by Roxyrks Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:06 pm
This is definitely a scam, no one who's buying an item from you will ask you for money.
If you see a strangely large amount of money other than what you requested, that's a sign. Their next step will be emailing you saying that something went wrong and accidentally their bank made a mistake and took more money from their account, they will tell you that the payment has been blocked and in order for you to get your money he/she will ask you to send that balance amount via western union.

Good thing you did your research and followed your gut feeling, some of us weren't so lucky.