Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#220262 by MrunaliniT Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:26 pm
Thanks guys.. You all ascertained my suspicions!

I am selling my car on Kijiji and I received this message today,

from +12089033555 at 04:50am; "1998 Dodge Neon Sport Coup Is this still for sale? pls reply me back with the best price you want for it to my Email ([email protected])"

I replied the number back at 08:45am ; "Hello..yes the coupe is still available.. who am I speaking with? What details would you like me to forward to the email?"

No response so I emailed:
Me:
Hello,
I received your message this morning. I have attached the link to my kijiji ad:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.htm ... 1021072033
I am asking $1900. What is your offer?
Thank you.

Rose:
I am ready to buy it now for my Daughter , I am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my Job,so l won't be able to come and check it. I'll have to arrange for a pickup agent( Shipper ) who will be coming to pick it up as soon as the payment is made and i'll like to pay u through paypal and do u have a paypal acct so i can make the payment of the funds or if u dont have one, u can set up at http://www.paypal.com it's fast and easy to set up.

Cheers
Rose Pedro

Me:
Hi Rose,
I understand that you are away and you want to make the payment by paypal. But I would rather get cash in hand, reduces my hassle, as I am leaving Canada by next week. I am going back home to New Zealand and I just want to get everything sorted before I leave.
I have all the receipts for servicing, repairs, etc. with me. I bought my CeeCee from the Hyundai dealership in Medicine Hat, have my bill of sales and all the paperwork up-to-date with the car.
I would also like to know, who would be signing the Bill of Sales?
Please let me know if this is suitable to you as well.
Thank you.
Regards,
xxxxxxx

Rose:
i will be making the instant payment once you get back to me with your PayPal Email and they will be crediting your account with out any delay as i have already arrange for the pick up and the Paper work will be sign by the pick up agent including the changing of the new ownership so do get back to me on time so that we can finalize on this now

Me:
​Hi Rose,
I am sorry no Paypal only cash.
Thanks.​
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations.
Advertisement