Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#178380 by Roadrunner2013 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:15 pm
Hi All I received this email today.

Hello,
I am glad to inform you that i am satisfied with the details and conditions of your car on the advert.Please, i wont be able to inspect the car due to some personal reasons.

Presently,i am in Germany for an assignment and am planing to relocate to Singapore. i will travel down to UK and complete the transaction.Firstly, i will like you to please put off the advert to avoid interruptions from other interested buyers and count it sold.

Concerning the price and my terms of payment,i will be glad to pay you £21200.00.

I will send you a Bank cheque of £4500.00 which i will allow it to clear into your bank account .

You will deduct £1000.00 as a non-refundable deposit.

The remaining £3500.00 on the deposit will be sent to the shipping agent asap the cheque cleared into your bank account. I was informed by him that, he will need the funds for shipping in advance .The shipping agent needs to complete the shipping document and book a slot at the seaport before i will be traveling down to UK.i don't want to be delayed in UK due to present situation.i am trying to relocate to Singapore.I would have love to send the payment alone and get the extra issue out to the haulage company but it takes longer to get UK payment cash elsewhere and would cause delay in transaction as i believe we both don't want any delay in the transaction.

The remaining balance of £20300.00 will be payed to you by cash or bank transfer before the car can be pick up.i will be waiting for 48hrs for you to confirmed the balance before the shipping agent can pick it up .Let me know the best way you want the balance to be paid?

i will be using a local haulage company agent to come and collect it from your location as they would be collecting some other items for me asap the balance has been confirmed by you .It will be shipped to SINGAPORE.the reason for this shipment method is due to congestion at the Singapore seaport, which does not make it directly shippable there.

I will compensating you with £100 for the time involve in paying the shipping agent and also for you to withdraw the advert immediately you receive the deposit.

If you accept my terms of payment,get back to me with the NAME,ADDRESS AND CONTACT MOBILE TELEPHONE NUMBER for Bankers cheque to be delivered to you .I look forward to a successful transaction with you and await your urgent response.

PLEASE NOTE,ITS WHEN THE FULL PAYMENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY YOU BEFORE THE DOCUMENT WILL BE RELEASE TO ME AND SIGN
Advertisement

#178409 by Bryon Williams Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:11 pm
Welcome to Scamwarner Roadrunner2013,

Please post the email address the scammer used. This is very helpful to others who may search using the address. You can help others avoid his scam attempts.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#181056 by TIMEWASTERS Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:35 pm
TIMMYMORLEY... Firstly, let me say a very big THANK YOU for posting this..... this exact person contacted me yesterday about my ad and if it weren't for you I too would have fell for this scam.. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

The emails were word for word and in exactly the same sequence.... PEOPLE BEWARE AND WATCH OUT FOR THIS PERSON, ALSO BE WARY THAT THEY CAN CHANGE STORIES AND EMAIL/NAME DETAILS....! Don't fall for this to good to be tru offer.

timmymorley wrote:Hi Guys,
new to this forum but would just like to let you all know as mentioned earlier in this thread there is still an auto scammer about in Australia named ' Michael Seay '.

I had my car for sale on Gumtree and everything seemed legit. Im normally pretty aware of this type of thing so wasnt sure what to think when he asked for my paypal or bank account details to complete payment without even physically seeing the vehicle.
I gave my bank details and thats when things got dodgy. wanting to make payments with western union and not answering any vital questions i had for him.

The email address used is [email protected] .

Here is what i received yesterday:
"Thanks for mailing back, I'm ok with the price and the condition i work on a rig as a mechanical engineer i would have love to call but We do not have access to phone at the moment that's why I contacted you with internet messaging facility,I'm buying it for my vacation
Regarding the payment,i will be paying you through PayPal,please get back to me with your paypal details so i can process the payment,OR you can alternatively send your bsb and account number if you have no PayPal acct.I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up and deliver it to my place in Darwin after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.
Await your reply."

Then today:
"I was just about to pay when i had this problem with the
pick up, my pick up agent says i will need to pay for the
pick up before they can schedule a pick up time, they
charged me $950 for pick up and delivery, and payments
for pick up made through them is made to their corporate
international headquarters which is in CHINA
and the payments is made through western union money
transfer, i will add the $950 to the money i will send
through paypal as soon as i have made the payments, i will
email you and let you know and please i will need you to
help me send the money to my pick up agent Hq in CHINA
through western union money transfer, this can be done
from any post office ,there is always western union money
transfer section in most post offices(you can do it online as
well at (http://www.westernunion.com)...,i would have done it
myself but i can't because I didnt bring my credit card
aboard, i am a little incapacitated.I will appreciate your help here"

Everyone please be aware of this scammer!! hopefully putting his name in here will keep this up the top of google search if this happens to anyone else and they decide to do what i did and try find some background info!
Thanks, Tim

Added quotation. (BW)
#190778 by Tureluur Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 pm
Dear all,

Thanks for this message of scammers. So I came to your forum, by google in search for that name Andrew Smits. At the dutch marktplaats.nl I get a mail from this guy for an offer to my advertisement to buy my guitar.

His message :evil: : "Thanks for the response,i will take it for 800 euro including PayPal Sub charges since i am interested in the immediate purchase.I just moved to the Turkey,where this is needed and i will be making use of a shipping company to have this picked up from you and have it delivered to me.Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pick up once i have paid you.

I would appreciate if you email me with more pictures (if available) too since i won't be be able to see this in person,what's the PayPal email to send funds to in order for me to pay you ASAP"

This mail is sent by an email: [email protected]
But he is no smart guy to use still the same name.

Thanks to you guys I took this email not seriously. Is there no ipadress where he is hiding

Thanks
Tureluur
#193974 by Richyrich561 Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:50 am
Here is the new spin this scammer is using. Scammer has a Mercedes to sell for $16,900. The car is two hours drive from me but I can't see it cuz it's with a shipping company. I can't see the car, the title, then wire the money and drive away. NO. I have to wire the money to eBay (where it's not even listed) then the car will be delivered to me and I will have 5 days to inspect it before I ok the $ to be released to seller. Of course eBay doesn't collect money from people, nor do they involve themselves in transactions that are not listed with them. Obviously, once the money gets wired I never hear from the seller again. Here is one of the emails sent from the scammer. Notice the new email address they are using to rip people off.

To:
Subject: RE: Hi Niki
Sent: Wed, Mar 12, 2014 5:47:52 PM

Rich,

Yes, you can make a wire transfer but like i told , you can`t send me directly the money . I made all the agreements with eBay and shipping company before i posted , why you don`t want to make the transaction with eBay , like i told you the car is not in this moment on the eBay site but i still have a contract with them , you don`t have to pay anything else , please let me know if you are still interested i will need your full name and full address shipping so i can move forward to them , they will send you the invoice transaction with all the details and you can make the transfer and they will ship the car to your home address , after the end of 5 days inspection you will have to confirm to them if you like the car in order to release me the money.

Thanks
Niki Bowson
@PilotesduBas-St-Laurent
#194022 by trustno1 Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:01 pm
Watch out for this scam, I received while inquiring about a truck on autotrader.

Take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is long, but I will explain all the details about the transaction,at the moment I'm stationed at a Military Force Base Petawawa, making final preparations before deploying to Afghanistan. The truck is already at our Military Logistics Department form Petawawa, ON ready to be delivered. The logistic Department will deliver the truck to your home. Since the truck is in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it, only the Logistics Department can deliver it, because the truck is in their custody.
Shipping may take anywhere between 2-3 business days depending on the destination. All documents you need for ownership, manuals and bill of sale will be provided along with the truck.
For the payment I would like to use eBay as a third party. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the vehicle and will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to keep the truck. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the truck before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 10 days to inspect it. If you decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for both of us.
So just e-mail me your full name, shipping address and phone # if you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner. At this point the truck is reserved for you.
PLEASE NOTE!
If the truck is not how I've described it, you have the unequivocal right to refuse acceptance of the truck (return postage on my expense) and you are entitled to a full and complete refund of the truck's purchase price. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered in front of your door.
Again I want to point out that because I am going to Afghanistan this sale is my top priority and I am looking after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
Thank you
Camille Parker
[email protected]
#194157 by trustno1 Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 am
You are receiving this email from eBay Classifieds Motors Department.
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.

Your invoice for eBay Motors purchase - 1998 Ford F-150 4x4

Invoice for VPP Transaction Case ID 51D4R469M1Y63 between Camille Parker, as the Seller and William Harper, as the Buyer. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.
eBay Motors member Camille Parker, as the Seller, initiated a new transaction through eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection program and registered you, William Harper, as the Buyer.
We verified all the details of this transaction and we concluded that they are accurate and the transaction is approved. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely. Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to CAD$50,000.00 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

Seller:
Camille Parker

101 Menin Road,
Petawawa, ON K8H 2X3

CFB Petawawa

Buyer:

William Harper

5801 S Ellis Ave,
Chicago, IL 60637

(773) 702-1234

Transactions Details:

Case ID: 51D4R469M1Y63
Date: 03.14.2014
Item Description: Used
Price CAD $2,600.00
Quantity Sold: 1
Insurance: Yes
Shipping: Ready to ship
Shipping to*:

William Harper
5801 S Ellis Ave,
Chicago, IL 60637

*Please check the details for an accurate delivery in order to avoid delays.

How to make payment ?

Payment procedure:

1.Transfer the funds to the designated account listed below.

2.Reply to this email to confirm that payment was sent.
E-mail us the details you used to make the transfer: sender's name, bank's name, bank's address, date of transfer.

3.Fax the bank transfer receipt to the following fax number: +1 (650) 479-0920
Our agents from Canada are busy for the moment. eBay International assign a unique agent to bring speed for every transaction. Our system

automatically provided you our bank account from United Kingdom.
If you won't be satisfied with the vehicle after the inspection we won't release payment to the Seller and you will be fully refunded.

NEVER pay for a vehicle by instant cash transfer, such as Western Union or Moneygram.

Please make payment to the following eBay's Representative bank account:

eBay Customer Support Agent : Payment :
First Name: Adam
Last Name: Astolos
Address: Flat 6 Sylvester Court, Sylvester Road, Wembley,
City: Middlesex
Zip: HA0 3AD

Invoice #694252749245
Total: CAD $2,600.00
Shipping: $0,0
Sales Tax: $0.00
Deposit: CAD $2,600.00
Balance: $0.00

NatWest Bank PLC
Address: 250 Regent Street,
City: London
ZIP: W1B 3BN
United Kingdom
Sort Code: 560 027
Account number: GB 52 NWBK56002726650231
IBAN: GB 52 NWBK56002726650231
IBAN Bank Identifier Code/Swift: NWBK GB2L

Important Information!

Most of the bank's are not aware of our eBay privacy and policy so to achieve a smooth and pleasant transaction we suggest you to send the money for a personal business.

The service you will have to use from your bank is a person to person transfer named Wire Transfer.

Important Notice! This is an international wire bank transfer! Please use the IBAN to wire the money correctly!

As a protective measure for the parties involved in this transaction the funds will be held in a bank account managed by eBay's agents until you receive the item(s) ordered.

An inspection period of 10 days will be given to the buyer to inspect the item(s) shipped. The inspection period begins on the working day (Monday - Friday) after the goods have been received and continues for the number of working days set. The day the goods are received is established according to the consignment date indicated by the courier or the transport company.
If a refund is requested, the inspection period is ended, and the refund request is processed within 3 working days.

The preferred payment method on eBay is Bank-to-Bank Wire Transfer, also known as bank transfer, buyers deposit payment directly into the eBay agent's bank account either online or at most banks. A wire transfer is an electronic bank transfer from your bank account to another bank account. Wire transfer, done bank to bank, is considered the safest international payment method. Regarding this transaction a wire transfer is a safe electronic transfer of funds from your bank to an authorized eBay account. Both account holders must have a proven identity, and there is little possibility of a chargeback. Submit payment using eBay Representative's bank account details from the invoice we have sent you.

If you need further information, please do not hesitate to reply to this E-mail.

When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes 2-3 working days. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship vehicle. The Seller has 5 business days to send to the Buyer and eBay the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.

We will hold the payment until you send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the item you received. As soon as we receive your confirmation we will release the payment to the Seller.

The payment details are confidential and cannot be disclosed to anyone.
After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the Buyer refuses the vehicle, the refund will be sent to the Buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the vehicle is accepted, eBay Financial Department submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.

Safe Trading Tips - Buy with Confidence on eBay - it's the safer way to trade.
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase you can return the product within 30 days of receipt. As our User Agreement states, if you are a approved buyer on any item, you are expected to honor your approval and are obliged to complete the transaction. Our Non-Paying Buyers Policy exists to help us enforce our User Agreement with respect to non-paying approved buyers. We will take full measures against persons that will brake the eBay's rules.

Copyright ? 2014 eBay International AG
eBay Classifieds is owned by Marktplaats B.V.
Wibautstraat 224 Amsterdam, 1097 DN Netherlands
Copyright ? 2014 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agree
#194160 by TerranceBoyce Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:51 am
Welcome to Scamwarners trustno1.

This scam/scammer is well known in the UK where most vehicle ad sites are so overrun with scammers they're mostly unusable. I presume that he's trying his luck on the North American continent as he's not getting much luck over here any more.

What's to be suspicious about a Canadian receiving money in to a UK bank account in a different name ? :=)

He doesn't use the best script in the world but he's been remarkably successful over the years.

Don't buy a car you can't inspect and if a seller has put his vehicle up for sale without thinking anyone would want to see it before buying, he's a scammer or an idiot, and I wouldn't buy off either.

This person is a scammer and an idiot.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#195332 by smarterthanmost Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 am
Hello all, just reporting the above again. I was responding to an ad on AutoTrader.ca for an Audi A4.

Email response was from Camile Parker ([email protected]).

"my 99 audi A4 awd 1.8L turbo engine manual trans. with 183,643(carproof present) original kms, runs and drives excellent. this car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems, with no damages or hidden defects, no need for additional repairs, clear title without any accidents liens or loans.(come safetied and etested)
I have all the car's manuals, 2 spare of keys, all the documents and papers.
I have dropped my price to $2500(purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before 10 of April when I will be deployed in afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by eBay. they are acting like a third party in our deal, which means that you will have 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your full name, home address and phone# to open a case with eBay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
Best Regards,"

Stay away!
#197162 by carmelle81 Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:52 am
Well to our saddness adn fraustration yesterday we discovered that we got scammed out of $3700 from Camille Parker who was selling a truck on auto trader! She had asked my spouse to wire the funds toa third party billing on Ebay Motors adn gave a persons name that was the ebay support person who would hold the funds until truck was dilvered and we were satisfied with vehicle. Here is a copy of same of th emails. I can not tell you how upset this makes me!! My husband suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury this is the first time he tried to do a financial transaction on his own and this is the set back he gets! I hope this person gets caught and charma meets up!

Hi Joey,

my 00 chevrolet silverado 1500 ls automatic trans. with 158,297(carproof present) original kms, runs and drives excellent. this truck has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems, with no damages or hidden defects, no need for additional repairs, clear title without any accidents.(will come certified and etested)
I have all the truck's manuals,2 spare of keys, all the documents and papers.
I have dropped my price to $3700(purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before 20 of April when I will be deployed in afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by eBay . they are acting like a third party in our deal, which means that you will have 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the truck. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your full name, home address and phone# to open a case with eBay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
thank you,
Camille Parker

Date: April 8, 2014 at 19:27:04 EDT
To: J Mayer
Subject: Payment Status: Received for eBay Motors Item Purchased - 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS

Item Title: 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS - VIN: 1GCEK19T0YE313163
Invoice#: 7423252749237
Item Price: CAD $3.700.00 (shipping included)

Dear J Mayer,

We confirm that your fax was received by our Financial Department concerning the invoice# 7423252749237.
Payment verification process usually takes 1-2 working days. Financial Department will verify your payment and after the payment will be approved we will instruct the seller to start the shipping process.

You will be notified.

Email reference id: [#dd613e342e314a7ebda37b0f524a1c11#]

Please don't remove this number. eBay customer support may ask you for this number, if you should need assistance

Thank you for using eBay!
eBay Financing Center Customer Support
Vehicle Purchase Protection Program
#197208 by Ontario Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 pm
Same almost happened to us yesterday. I started to realize that the grammer and sentence structure had mistakes. Went as far as getting an invoice from ebay but noticed that the pay to was in England and we started to question the authenticity of the ad. Started to google the name and came upon this website. A key clue was that she was leaving for Afghanistan. All our soldiers in Canada just got home and there are no more soldiers being deployed. It's a sad world we live in when you cannot trust a single soul.

Copy of our emails are below:

Summer tires included. Take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is long, but I will explain all the details about the transaction, at the moment I'm stationed at a Military Force Base Petawawa, making final preparations before deploying to Afghanistan. The car is already at our Military Logistics Department form Petawawa, ON ready to be delivered. The logistic Department will deliver the car to your home. Since the car is in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it, only the Logistics Department can deliver it, because the car is in their custody.
Shipping may take anywhere between 2-3 business days depending on the destination. All documents you need for ownership, manuals and bill of sale will be provided along with the vehicle.
For the payment I would like to use eBay as a third party. They will keep your money into a protection account until you get the vehicle and will release it to me after inspection period is over and you agree to keep the car. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the car before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have 10 days to inspect it. If you decide not to keep it eBay will refund you the money, no questions asked, and shipping back will be my concern. I think this is more than fair for both of us.

I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will contact you about this you'll receive important guidelines + instructions from them. You'll be contacted by ebay in the next hours.
PLEASE NOTE!
If the car is not how I've described it, you have the unequivocal right to refuse acceptance of the car (return postage on my expense) and you are entitled to a full and complete refund of the car's purchase price. It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered in front of your door.
Again I want to point out that because I am going to Afghanistan this sale is my top priority and I am looking after a fast transaction, with no delays. That is why I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
Thank you

have you received the invoice from ebay? (2 pages)
When you receive the ebay invoice please read it carefully so you can understand the entire payment process.
Please let me know when you can transfer the money to ebay so i can make all the arrangements for delivery.
With the car you'll receive 2 keys, original invoice, service book, carproof, 4 winter tires and all the car's documents and manuals.
Don't forget to fax the receipt to ebay so they can verify and secure your payment.
I'm very sure that you will enjoy this car as much as i did.
You will receive the car in a sealed container.
The vehicle will be shipped by enclosed transport carrier type.
also I have a friendly advise, don't tell at the bank office that this is the payment for a Internet purchase or you send the money to an eBay account/agent, because both of us will be extra charged with some extra fees for making e-commerce. We can avoid paying this money. If the bank agent ask you, just tell that the money are for a relative/friend. I am not willing to spend some useless money in this crisis period.
thank you and I'm waiting your response

Camille Parker
#197697 by Toronto Girl Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:51 pm
hello XXXXXX XXXXXX,

my 01 hyundai santa fe 2.0L engine automatic trans. with 172,392(carproof present) original kms, runs and drives excellent. this suv has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. it's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems, with no damages or hidden defects, no need for additional repairs, clear title without any accidents liens or loans.(will come certified and etested)
I have all the suv's manuals, 2 spare of keys, all the documents and papers.
I have dropped my price to $2700(purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before 20 of April when I will be deployed in afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by eBay. they are acting like a third party in our deal, which means that you will have 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction. If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your full name, home address and phone# to open a case with eBay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
regards,
Camille Parker

This was the e-mail I received after replying to an ad on Autotrader.ca for a red 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe.
I contacted Autotrader and they flagged the seller and pulled down all associated posts. I was able to have this done because I had my local police dept contact Autotrader.ca while I was at the station filing a report.

FLAG the emails that are coming from [email protected]

I ended up falling prey to this scam as I am a single mother that was desperately looking for a deal on a new vehicle as mine broke down. Luckily the funds I sent for the vehicle in question have been frozen by the bank in the UK. That hackers bank account has all access to it blocked and they will not be able to use this account going forward.

It took quite a bit of effort on my part to deal with this situation. I contacted police here, the police in that jurisdiction in London, the anti-fraud people, autotrader, eBay, the RCMP.... And it cost a couple hundred calling back and forth between the countries but I'm good because I think they are coming close to finding this scum bag hacker/scam artist.
#197763 by TerranceBoyce Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Toronto Girl.

It's very unusual that a victim gets a good result the way you have, which is probably down to your own hard work and persistence, and getting your own local police involved. I only mention this because what you have achieved is very rare and impressive and most frequently local police won't get involved, in what to them would seem like a low value fraud in a different jurisdiction. There are many European victims of this fraud who can't get their local police to take action.

In the UK the scale of this type of fraud is massive and we are doing a lot of work to warn UK vehicle buyers about it, which may be why they're spreading their net around the world. Of course any vehicle seller who wants you to pay the money to an account in the UK is most likely a fraudster. Above all you must never pay for a vehicle you haven't seen and inspected because this scammer has no vehicle to sell and isn't based in Canada. There are enough risks in buying a used car but, if you insist on seeing the vehicle he claims to be selling, you'll avoid the risk of buying a car that doesn't exist.

Currently I list all the fraudulent adverts on one major vehicle website in the UK that appear daily and they can easily amount to more than 100, and they're all bargains. It's infuriating that this has been going on for years and the UK authorities appear unwilling and/or incapable of doing anything about it.

Perhaps they could learn something from the RCMP who did such a good job for you.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#199611 by Sarahjane404 Thu May 01, 2014 9:54 am
[email protected]

Had an email from a Mark Smith at this email address, obviously a scam but thought I'd add his new email address so people can find it!
Usual offering money and telling me to take my item off eBay or he won't send me the money even after I told him I wasn't selling it to him unless he bidded.

Be warned he had my friend convinced he was genuine and don't want people to fall for it!