Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#224408 by Terminator5 Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 pm
Money Mule Purchase Scammer . The check is fake .

972-694-7677 Onvoy Communications VoIP Telephone Registered in Josephine, TX

+19726947677: OK, am interested to buy it asap by sending a US bank check from my bank to you overnight via USPS so please get back to me with your name and address to send the check out.i will also handle the shipment my self through my shipping company after you have cash at hand

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#225779 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:44 pm
Craigslist product purchase scammer . Wants to buy your items with a fake check .

From +1-202-793-7438 [email protected]

Hello, am interested in your ad on CL . Is the item still available? if yes reply the final price to [email protected]
Last edited by Terminator5 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#225780 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:49 pm
Craigslist Product Purchase Scammer wanting to buy your goods with a fake check .

From +1-425-274-0021 [email protected]
Is xxxxxx listed on CL still for sale? write me on email MAGALI4enf at gmail com with your final price . cheers

******************************************************************************************************

Me:
Yes you responded to my advert on CL for this antique sofa . It was actually signed by the " Blood and Crips Gang " in Los Angeles so its a rare antique . I'm only asking $500.00
************************************************************************************************************************

Marvin Garner [email protected]:

Thanks for the prompt response to my mail... I am currently on a tight working schedule so the picture of the item will suffice as I may not be able to come see it now..I will be buying from you so please kindly withdraw the advert from C.LIST due to disturbance and i will be giving you an additional $50 for keeping the item for me... Please be informed that i will be paying with a certified check from my Bank ..I will need the following details to mail the payment as soon as possible...

Name to be on the payment...
Home address___
City____
State____
Zip Code_____
Cell phone #______
final price____

I will make arrangements for the pick up as soon as you have your money.. I am completely satisfied with the advert and the payment will be delivered within 2-3 working days.** I use a hearing impaired phone# and will receive your calls via email ** N.B UPS does not deliver to P.O box addresses.

**************************************************************************************************************************

Hello,

Good to read from you and thanks for the details provided. I presume we seal this a deal? I'll contact my secretary so that payment will be issued out to you ...please i want you to consider the item sold and keep off other interested buyers that would make inquiry cos am ready for it's purchase. As i've let you know that pick up and mover's fee will be included in your payment, so upon cash of check, you'll make the pick up money payable to the movers and the movers would arrange appropriate time for pick up at your location as i have other properties to be moved.I believe this is based on trust. Thanks for your understanding.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this email asap ..

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Me:

Yes I have removed my listing for the Collectible Sofa and am awaiting your payment .

****************************************************************************************************

Marvin Garner & Orson Mims co . [email protected]

Sat, Nov 8, 2014

Sorry for not keeping you updated, there is a death in the family which i was taking care of, the payment should get to you on or before Tuesday, i will update you with more info as soon as possible.. Thanks..

**********************************************************************************************************************
me

I wanted to let you know that with the long pickup time , the antique sofa which has been on my enclosed patio and some stray cats took up residence on it . One of them crapped on the antique sofa , so now it needs to be professionally cleaned . I apologize for this . Do you want me to return the check to you ? I don't imagine that you want a sofa with cat crap on it .

*************************************************************************************************************************
10 November.

Hello,

Payment according to the UPS tracking number (1Z6Y251V0110068304) is in transit and its bound to deliver any time You are to proceed to your Bank and have the payment deposited, It takes only 24-48hrs for the check to clear your Bank, Once you have that done and the check clears follow the instructions bellow...

As soon as you have the check with you...kindly have my check Cashed /deposit the check into your bank ATM Machine for Normal bank processing and it will clear into your Account within 24hrs the Check was deposited, When you have the cash at hand, make sure you deduct your money, also deduct $100 for yourself as Run around Expenses. Easily forward the Excess fund directly to my Mover in cash immediately because the mover is also picking some other Valuable Goods for me such as( Household Furniture's and Electronics Set.) at the same City of your location. That is the reason why you need to send the Excess Fund to the Mover via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER Only once you receive the payment.

Here is my mover's information to have the excess funds wire via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER ONLY

Name.........Keith Morrison
ADDRESS..........29-30 Union St
CITY........Queens
STATE........NY
ZIP CODE.......11354

Afterwards i will require the following info from you.

1. The Name and Address of the Sender.
2. The Amount Sent . ( After Deducting the Transfer Charges ).
3. Money Control Number ( MTCN 10 digit # on the receipt)

Please deduct the transfer charges from the amount you want to send to the shipper .Don't forget to send me the map quest to your location
for easy passage to the shipper.kindly get back to me asap.Go to western union outlet with cash to enable you make the transfer ..

***************************************************************************************************************************
Last edited by Terminator5 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

#225931 by Terminator5 Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:43 am
Me:
Yes you responded to my advert on CL for this antique sofa . It was actually signed by the " Blood and Crips Gang " in Los Angeles so its a rare antique . I'm only asking $500.00. Thanks for responding to my sales ad .

Chad J. [email protected]

Thanks for your reply; I appreciate it, I'm okay with the price and I'm ready to buy from you plus I'm going to add an extra $30 just so you can have the furniture kept in my favor as I understand I may not be the only interested party; just something I picked up in a business school. My mode of payment will be via Check and it will be sent via FedEx Overnight delivery. The responsibility of the pick-up rest on me (pickers will only show up at your location after you have your payment), and in addition the movers’ fees will be added to your payment so as to avoid needless delay; they will schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up after you receive the payment as I have other properties waiting to be moved alongside yours. It would’ve been great for me to just come in person and examine what I’m about to buy but my work schedule just wouldn’t let me nonetheless I trust the details provided is sufficient; conversely, more pictures will be deeply appreciated. Kindly get back to me with your full name and the address you want the payment sent out to, your cell phone will be appreciated too (I’ll call you as soon as I can). Many thanks

#227297 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:40 am
13 Nov. 2014

Hope this message finds you well.what is going on with check sent to you,Were you able to deposit the check so we can Proceed ? Try and get back to me soon so as to start the arrangement for the pick up.Thanks.

God Bless You

****************************************************************************************************************************
14 Nov. 2014
Me :

I haven't received no check yet .. What is going on ? The Collectable Sofa is here and its threatening to rain soon . And if that cat crap gets wet its really going to stink . :(

#228294 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:05 pm
561-412-3116, [email protected]

Me
Yes is still have that sofa for sale

From [email protected]

Thanks for swift reply, I am looking to purchase the set from you and would like to ask if you're the first owner of the set, your reason for selling it and whats your last asking price for it. rgds
ok,everything looks satisfactory and I think we can proceed from here, I have made arrangement with a private shipping company that will come over to pick it up for me so kindly provide me with your contact address or at least your area zip code so I can forward it to the shipping firm that will be coming for the pickup for them to calculate the cost of moving it for me. rgds Lisa
I have forwarded it, so Get back to me with your paypal account email address or create an account on paypal .com incase you dont have the acct b4 for me to pay you through it and proceed to arrange for the pickup. Rgds Lisa

#228296 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:22 pm
+19513076005: the payment. Once payment has been received, you will send the shipping fee to my shipper to come pick it up. Thanks .

+19513076005: I hope it's in good condition because I won't have access to come see it due to my Job. I will pay you via PayPal and I will also include the shipping fee to .

#229991 by DeeMyers Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:50 pm
I have an item on Craigslist for a 1500 antique pendant. I have gotten 5 scammers with one or more elemnts of previous post, either the check scam or paypal scam. I am sorry to say I fell for the first one. I was able to stop the shipping and get the item back using a USPS intercept package request.I am out over 100 in postage but so far I am getting pendant back.
The scam that bit me was the most sophisticate and elaborate scam of all time (says USPS and FBI).
Posters that tried it"
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
BenLynch set up fake paypal website complete with working "service number"
It sad that this is going to fool some people.
I only caught it after shipping due to a grammer mistake on the fake paypal site.
I am heart sick.I have to sell it for health problem.I will not use craigs list to sell ever again.
#230030 by Mike Wilson Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:09 am
Welcome to Scamwarners DeeMyers,

I am sorry to hear that you were targeted by these criminals.
Please post the emails associated with the fake paypal site including the telephone numbers used in this scam. This information will help others who may be searching for information about this scam.

If you have any additional questions about this scam please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#230034 by Terminator5 Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:49 am
Thanks for posting and I glad you found our post . I baited those craigslist scammers for the sole purpose of posting their scam jargon here .

Please post the wording from their scam emails and also the domain name of the fake site they were using . Many times we can identify other fake sites and internet threats from the registration information of the domains .

#233504 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 pm
To: [email protected]

Yes you responded to my craigslist ad for an antique collectible sign from the Vintage Club and Bar Mugus. Situated on the strip in Las Vegas, this was a famous landmark . Own your piece of Las Vegas History Today . I'm only asking $2000.00 and the item will need to be picked up {shipped} . Thanks for responding to my ad .

Thanks for responding, I'm OK with the price. I would like to send
payment asap. Please let me know if a certified check is OK. After my
check clears my shipper will come and pick it up at your location. I
would have loved to come and take a look but I can't am away for
work. My shipper will
though. If you can get back to me with your details I'll get the check
out asap. Need your full name and address, and your telephone number.

Thanks,
Samantha Leong.

#263287 by Terminator5 Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:49 pm
Craigslist Purchase Scammer :

Thanks you for the response according to the description,am okay with the price and the condition pasted on cl. I am ready to make instant purchase. My mode of payment would be in Certified Check and i will arrange for a local pick up as soon as you get the check, because that is the only inconvenient means for me and due to my work frame i can not be able to get there and i promise everything will go smoothly.I really wish to be there to check out the item but i don't have chance cause am very busy person (US MARINE). Concerning the pick up, i will arrange for it after you receive the payment and it clears... Pls get back to me with below info so that i can proceed with the payment immediately if you are selling to me.

Full Name:

Address: Not P.O.BOX

City:

State:

Postal Code:

Total amount for the item

Phone Number: That i can send text

Item Name

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and i hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. i will add an additional $50 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach you.

Best Regards

**********************************************************************************************************************

Me to the Craigslist Scammer:

Thank you for responding to my ad for a %$#&^@ on craigslist . The %$#&^@ is $750.00 and is new . Since you are ok with the price how do we proceed with this sale ?

Thanks
XXXXXX

#302945 by Terminator5 Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:34 pm
[email protected]

Yes you responded to my ad for a xxxxxxx . The item originally sold for xxxxxx and Im only asking $5495.00 and the item must be picked up or shipped .

Thanks
xxxxxx

#302953 by Terminator5 Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks so much for your swift reply xxxxxx, I'm ok with the price and
condition of your Piano and am highly interested in purchasing it so i
will like to offer you $5,600 for the Piano, only if you consider my
offer as your concluding buyer and also i may not be able to come down
to you to check the Piano due to some vital reasons and due to the
nature of my work, additionally you will not be responsible for the
shipping arrangement and the shipping fee only if you are ready to
dispense the Piano to me. Am going to contact a shipping company and
make an arrangement on the shipment so i will like you to kindly get
back to me with the Piano location so i can make the pick up
arrangement besides the shipping charges. To give out your money will
be through PayPal because they are easier and the fastest means of
sending and receiving money so kindly get back to me with your PayPal
(Holder name and email address) for quick payment and if you are new
to this i will ask you to quickly visit http://www.PayPal.com and get
registered with them and once you are through on the site just get
back to me with your paypal email address for a quick transaction
thanks and please i will like you to get back to me with more pics of
the Piano Thanks.

Stay Blessed....

Delivered-To: xxxxxxx
Received: by 10.194.115.39 with SMTP id jl7csp381758wjb;
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:21 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.107.132.200 with SMTP id o69mr20229328ioi.134.1471029261079;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from mail-oi0-x243.google.com (mail-oi0-x243.google.com. [2607:f8b0:4003:c06::243])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id q82si4376544itq.105.2016.08.12.12.14.20
for <xxxxxx>
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:4003:c06::243 as permitted sender) client-ip=2607:f8b0:4003:c06::243;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
dkim=pass [email protected];
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 2607:f8b0:4003:c06::243 as permitted sender) [email protected];
dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Received: by mail-oi0-x243.google.com with SMTP id s207so2756263oie.0
for <xxxxxxx>; Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
bh=7TnCfyBXg2WRUHj3pTU8RkDsiSqrmeuT5ItTFvkF8uc=;
b=mlipXJNlXuQ9YncjL6OJUmLUNvdEDPx6inlhDSvdBCW36c0/V5ciurXPPTTX/p/AJ6
5rlf+4fD/q2fAqoqVH8NbajhDtV2652U7rG7fIEi698FrHt3O5ZnGjD9iIjKl4ml7+OJ
Fl5V4Uj4HtRVmDgRLHSCPt1MWSzgYsJXUNr9qtC3OG6/ghwfFoDZJ2BfwfAhlytM40zo
P344JOgg77bAeXYIg1yxa/jBDUcfyOAwYRy/YZGYqmJyfQf0h3Zi1dH1gHQXmkzin7kS
E4c4xZjO6Kh2UGxY/x/hSz+t2dESkHzMQur+DugHdWu/+N0mbkxiEMqVeC0wBETgqVm4
u3Cw==
X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=1e100.net; s=20130820;
h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date
:message-id:subject:to;
bh=7TnCfyBXg2WRUHj3pTU8RkDsiSqrmeuT5ItTFvkF8uc=;
b=kDOHvyolwkdf8xcdxQLXAn36dNuWpiZfE6ifFP7yJxAnwTXE03i4hnypjuVPqV4WZP
ZK44TmQ/BI3RerF9x8ZCN+FtM3Rdfk4tlAVIcyWtyg59JHJPytz8EIdau0GT4ePfFucY
6c7EFYSmL/7U7lwIRRCZYtlKO3oN/GsIdEiT8jWnRRttxUarRkE663R9+qWjzQurqm5P
oha0FWlCPcjTtanRlcn71iSy11RSPddM+Ybs8PjbheRpzjtZoMDYC39oMd0RfiuklMox
9Tecmk1arJOrcXsHWOkIk2sPigE5T9oE8N1XHbEJl2+Mry6Ny4rTpoAR4rysKScPHtjX
zYrQ==
X-Gm-Message-State: AEkoouv8Mn2ejlBONISQO/elSmwIxxjYg9HSlAdqRH68i60wX3XBSrYyG9ncJNUF3WnTwwOz3xB152wCl8d/iQ==
X-Received: by 10.157.35.50 with SMTP id j47mr5798350otb.190.1471029260461;
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: by 10.182.158.4 with HTTP; Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <CAMmFnJhkbTHM94KJs2AhFsXMhRT7OP8dhQkxF6=MV5rw_L1cxw@mail.gmail.com>
References: <CAMmFnJhkbTHM94KJs2AhFsXMhRT7OP8dhQkxF6=MV5rw_L1cxw@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:20 -0700
Message-ID: <CAJieQOaxS3A838zGQ6uYFL9pkJV9+35MnMhMN=ostRm3Ezgy6g@mail.gmail.com>
Subject: Re: xxxxxx
To: xxxxxxx
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

From me to Jackson Phillip <[email protected]>

$5,600.00 ? Wow that's more than my asking price . Of course it is a valuable antique . My paypal email is this same email and holder name xxxxx xxxxx .

Thanks

#303007 by Terminator5 Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Hello xxxxxx , i was about to make your payment when i got a
little problem with the shipping company. I was just informed that it
wouldn't be possible for me to send them a payment via PayPal because
they said they can only schedule the pick up date and time after they
receive their pick up fee in their head office via Western Union Money
Transfer or Money Gram, i have tried every possibility over getting
the pick up charges sent myself but it all proved abortive, so i think
you going to help me send the shipping charges to them via Western
Union Money Transfer okay! i have decided to include the shipping
charges with your payment and am very sorry for any inconvenience i
may have caused. The shipping charges is just $450 and extra $70 is
for the Western Union Charges, am gonna send your total payment which
will be $6,120 into your PayPal email account right now. Make sure you
send the shipping charges to the shipping company for quick pick up at
your location once you receive the PayPal payment notification message
and make sure you get back to me with the western union money transfer
information on the slip that will be given to you at the Western Union
branch so i can make a quick arrangement on the pick up okay!.

Jackson Phillip [email protected]

Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 4:45 AM

I have just issued out your total amount of $6,120 into your
PayPal email now, kindly check your G-mail
(xxxxxx) inbox messages and also check
your spam box messages for the PayPal payment confirmation message
from PayPal regarding this transaction and also make sure you quickly
get the pick up charges sent to the shipping company address below
ASAP and kindly reply the PayPal payment notification message back
with the western union information's needed so they can quickly get it
verified and also make sure you get back to me with the Western Union
information's needed so i can quickly get it across to the shipping
company for a quick pick up arrangement at your place today ok..

Here is the shipping company pick up agent address .

Name: Antonio Murillo,
Address; 801 Old Peachtree Rd NW Unit 95,
City: Phoenix,
State: Arizona,
Zip-code: 85035,

thanks so much for your co-operation Stay Bless.
Respectfully sent,
Jackson Phillip...

Fake Paypal Email